Does anyone wish that khadgar took the killing blow.

After seeing khadgar and gul'dan go head to head the entire expansion. and even wod It seems quite dissapointing to not see him kill gul'dan in the cinematic or maybe. have an epic final showdown And I know the raid came out a few months ago.

yee it was like dumbledore vs voldamort we should have had some cool quest with maybe some cinematic during the nighthold campaign before the raid where they duel

No. The "killing blow" isn't really that important. I doubt Khadgar is brooding over it.

I agree. All of WoD and Legion was about the rivalry between Khadgar and Guldan, and then edgy sue pops up and just kills him.

Deleted
    I came into this thread expecting something entirely different...

Taking the killing blow and delivering one are 2 different things after all.

Deleted
    Only small kids care about who does the killing blow. It doesn't matter. The class order leader (=the player) and his forces already beat Gul'dan and what Illidan did was basically useless and worthless. They just wanted Illidan to look cool for the edgy kids.

Yeah I think it would have been more fitting, but they needed a cool way for Illidan to return. Cause he's gotta keep that coolness going so the kiddies stay hyped.

As for killing blows in general, I feel like im the only one who thinks that a named npc should always be present, to give some context to the lore. I dont like when it's said that "A group of adventurers killed this really important person".

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought this was a thread about Khadgar TAKING the killing blow, not dealing it. I AM DISAPPOINT.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    No because they absolutely need to show us how fucking awesome illidan is. He is literally the best fucking thing in entire warcraft. He is also best thing outside of warcraft. He is a pinnacle of writing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Khadgar brought back Illidan while we were holding Gul'dan's attention. By proxy, he was directly responsible for the kill by "summoning" the being that dealt it.

Sort of like your pet getting the kill as a Warlock I suppose
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

The Killing Blow doesn't matter.

The 12 Class Order Leaders and their Champions already Beat Gul'dan to a Pulp!

Illidan just finished the Job.

However, I will feel for Khadgar on 1 thing, though:

Khadgar wanted to research Gul'dans skull, but Illidan had other plans (As He burns the Skull to Fel-dust).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Well Khadgar brought back Illidan while we were holding Gul'dan's attention. By proxy, he was directly responsible for the kill by "summoning" the being that dealt it.

Sort of like your pet getting the kill as a Warlock I suppose
    No. He was just the Useless mage that did 0 NPC crit to the Boss...

He was Basically a Mage summoner...

Meanwhile, The Orderhall Commander's of each class are Deus Ex'ing Gul'dan down to a pulp...

To be honest, Khadgar was probably exhausted from the ritual he'd just performed. Illidan, on the other hand, was just brought back to the world of the living and would have been SERIOUSLY pissed off. No great surprise Illidan acted first for me.