Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    It is delivered the same way Daisy Cutters were delivered during Vietnam. It can be employed anywhere there is no threat from medium to high altitude anti-aircraft systems (i.e, MANPADS and small caliber AAA cannot stop it).
    Yes, it is awsum

We should use it on your 'moderate rebels' in Syria

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Weapon manufacturers will be rubbing their hands.
    I can only picture Snidley Whiplash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Well, its targets were underground..but here is an open air explosion, old video of thermobaric weapon, now think the blast is 300 meters..that's a shitload of dead rats
    I love how that video tries to make it look like a Tu-160 dropped it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, it is awsum

We should use it on your 'moderate rebels' in Syria
    I would prefer to use it on the Russians and Iranians in Syria first.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    I recall a second hand story, of someone in basic training with dummy hand grenades pulling the pin and looking in the hole on the bottom so he could see the primer go off. He was discharged, minus an eye and chunk of face.
    Oh yea, anyone who's had to go through infantry training can tell stories about people who's arms turn to jello the second they hold one. I think I even saw a video of a guy who dropped it in the trench, luckily his sergeant pulled him out of there fast as hell
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Deleted
    I love how that video tries to make it look like a Tu-160 dropped it.

I would prefer to use it on the Russians and Iranians in Syria first.
    Because military is secretive about ze weapon, journalists use their imagination n there are only 2 candidates for dropping big bombs. Well, until the stealth bomber comes that is.

I'm sure you would, but it would never get near to do that.

Reading up on the technology, this bomb is preferred for places like caves. It would seem this bomb was used to assure destruction fully throughout a cave system where these people would have been hiding. I assume the blast carries through the air within a cave system.

It is delivered the same way Daisy Cutters were delivered during Vietnam. It can be employed anywhere there is no threat from medium to high altitude anti-aircraft systems (i.e, MANPADS and small caliber AAA cannot stop it).
    And for areas that do have threats, there is Option B:

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Well the MOAB blast radius was 2km which is in the same ballpark as Hiroshima....right?
    Blast wave =/= blast radius.

One is the wave of air expanding at a supersonic rate from whatever explosion occurred, the other is kinda like the shit that gets fucked up from the explosive device

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    The bombs not meant for ISIS, its for others to see.
    Yep pretty much.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now we just need to get Russia to drop a FOAB on them ( Father of all bombs, bigger then MOAB, non nuclear)
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because military is secretive about ze weapon, journalists use their imagination n there are only 2 candidates for dropping big bombs. Well, until the stealth bomber comes that is.

I'm sure you would, but it would never get near to do that.
    There is one option for dropping that size and style bomb, a slow moving turboprop transport.

Yeah, it would take a day or two of SEAD first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Man View Post
    And for areas that do have threats, there is Option B:

The B-2 cannot drop a MOAB, it will not even fit into the bombays.

Wahhh big bomb hurts my feelings! The world is supposed to be cozy and seeet!! Waghh

Good lord what do you fucking losers look like Irl?

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-04-13 at 10:26 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good. As Sherman said when he was criticized by the press for his path of destruction on the Confederates landscape during his march to the Sea, " War is hell and there is no way to refine it " And as MacArthur said, " There is only one way to fight a war and that is to win it". I do not think this will be the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    Doesnt larger bimb mean more civ casualties?
    Depends where you drop it. If there are no civilians in the vicinity the size of the bomb makes no difference. Doesn't sound like this was dropped in the middle of a city or built up area. Also multiple smaller bombs could blast a similair sized area but maybe wouldn't have the penetration against these underground areas.

The bomb / bombs dropped in Mosul a few weeks ago that was said to have killed at least a 150 people was smaller than this.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2017-04-13 at 07:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let us not forget that Obama sent missiles that averaged roughly 3 MOAB per day.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Can you please explain how in the context of that post I am second guessing them? Be sure to include how my post ties into the one it was responding to.
    "And don't forget to include 7 references on why you think I am second guessing with two referees for each source." Or maybe you were just second guessing the generals and you probably should dress you opinions as what they are. Second guesses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Nice terrorists not even safe in their little caves.

7+ Year Old Account
    As long as all US bombs dropped have, "Taste the Freedom" or "Open wide, democracy is coming!" inscribed on them.

Weapon and oil companies are really happy, more $$$$ for them.
    Politicians also happy, they made their masters proud.