Poll: Should class mounts require Exalted?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by risingforce View Post
    Yeah it's fine.

If you care enough about the Alt's class fantasy and respective mount, then you can get to Exalted on said alts over the expansion.

People just have to remove themselves from the notion that Class Mounts were ever intended to be easily achieved; it is something special to validate that you put in time and dedication to that Class. It's a statement that the Class is your main.

I care deeply about my Monk, and the Tiger resonates with me.

I also love some of the other cool Class Mounts -the Shaman one in particular -but I won't grind out the Reputation because I am happy enough to admit that the Monk is the one I care about and humble to accept that'll probably be the only Class Mount I get. My DK and Paladin tanks are my primary Alts and possibly they'll achieve Class Mounts but if they do it'll be a happy bonus.

I don't see much to complain about, Class Mounts are supposed to be statements and that is cool with me.
    That's nice.

People without a defeatist mentality will be doing what it takes though, and then Blizzard will be horrified over how players do things "to extreme levels" and do a 180 eventually.

You might be OK with the system, but accepting that you won't achieve something vs those NOT accepting it doesn't mean those not accepting it are acting "entitled" or have some lack of humility.

I want ALL the mounts, I've gotten almost every.single.class to max level for said mounts and done the class campaign for them all. I would prefer it if I only need the damned Exalted-requirement once (like for flying being account-wide) but if Blizzard feels differently, I'll be doing what it takes to get all mounts.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-04-13 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Don't think I was ever trying to shut people down. Read earlier. I said people were entitled to opinions. Fact of the matter is that is the current design.
    Yeah, but things are never set in stone in WoW, Blizzard takes input from players and sometimes changes things on its own, like the dungeon requirement for hidden artifacts was changed from 100 to 30 yesterday (likely prompted by lack of participation).

I think it's healthy for the game to talk about things rather than let Blizzard choose blindly and then take it or leave it. Especially since this is an old and layered product that players have a complex relationship with, it's hard to tell what they do and don't like and why they stay subscribed or quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    People might be exalted anyway by the time they get the mount, just by doing the daily world quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I want ALL the mounts, I've gotten almost every.single.class to max level for said mounts and done the class campaign for them all. I would prefer it if I only need the damned Exalted-requirement once (like for flying being account-wide) but if Blizzard feels differently, I'll be doing what it takes to get all mounts.
    I think the worst situation in this case, and what will hopefully be averted if we talk about it early, is that you do sink the time to get rep on a lot of alts early on, and later the requirement is removed and you realize you wasted your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    I think the worst situation in this case, and what will hopefully be averted if we talk about it early, is that you do sink the time to get rep on a lot of alts early on, and later the requirement is removed and you realize you wasted your time.
    Meh, better safe than sorry. People hoped they'd make Challenge Mode gold sets from MoP unlock across all characters if you did it with 1. Didn't happen, and people lost out. I did it on every class.

Then WoD came along, and people assumed the same thing would be in place so they did the challenge modes across all classes that could cover every weapon type. And then they made it so you only had to do it with 1 character.

Exalted is fine, gating rep isn't.

Most of the mounts suck anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Reputation gain is irelevent content by the next patch, so honestly, reps need a rework or a removal from the game.

Because atm, they're kinda crap.

Meh, better safe than sorry. People hoped they'd make Challenge Mode gold sets from MoP unlock across all characters if you did it with 1. Didn't happen, and people lost out. I did it on every class.

Then WoD came along, and people assumed the same thing would be in place so they did the challenge modes across all classes that could cover every weapon type. And then they made it so you only had to do it with 1 character.
    I don't think class mounts will be removed at all. It's more like the 100 dungeons with a hidden artifact that I mentioned were nerfed to 30, and other stuff like the Crimson Water Strider from WoD fishing, the Ashhide Mushan, etc.

Unless the rep comes naturally from the quest chain you have to do anyway, people will not do it on alts, and in the end Blizzard will nerf the requirement or add better ways to get rep because in the end they want participation. I want the mounts to be fairly accessible, but I also think people's time and effort should be respected, so it's a lot better if they're accessible from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    People might be exalted anyway by the time they get the mount, just by doing the daily world quests.
    This thread is about alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care since I'll be getting Exalted regardless for the tabard, so whichever they go with is fine by me.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Forced again being overused.
    It isn't unreasonable to have some requirements, to at least intend for them not to be common on day one.
    As to whether exalted reputation is the right way to go about it, well that has no proper answer.

Reputation grinds based on a minimal skill repetition I don't think should need repeated on each character as a gating for something.
    Hence the account-wide nature of pathfinder.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-04-13 at 11:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    You setting unrealistic goals for every alt is not blizzard's problem.

Also you have 11 weeks of gameplay to hit exalted and once you get exalted on one character your Legionfall tokens become BoA and you can send them down the line.

Legion so far has been very friendly to my 5 alts since 7.1.5 and the AK catchup books. It got unfriendly for 2 weeks when 7.2 dropped but now that I have flight unlocked it's friendly again.
    It isn't an unrealistic goal... Blizzard just made this super alt unfriendly in terms of once-in-an-expansion type thing. Challenge mode sets were easier to obtain.

They can do whatever they want. I'm still getting that rep. There is good ap to be made

7+ Year Old Account
    No. I think they cater enough to casuals. I know. I am one.

Exalted it started...exalted it should end.
    Casual.

Yeah I think the amount of grind required is pretty excessive, maybe they could do account bound tokens like they did in MoP for alts. Thankfully I can fly which will help with chests, at least. Invasions need to give rep as well.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

I'll hit exalted on my main for the mount, but there's no way I'm grinding it out on alts. If that means that I don't have class mounts on alts, so be it. I can't imagine wasting enough time to grind out 12x42k xp, fuck that noise.

Yeah, but... that's the entitled sentiment we're trying to avoid.

I have all my chars to max level too, but I don't associate the Class Mounts with that progression; even if I got all my Alts to Cutting Edge respectively, I would still not associate Class Mounts to them --I might expect that I should do their Class Challenge, but not the Class Mount.

The Class Mount is a statement of dedication to the class... by design.

The grind is just so boring is the major problem... Go kill a billion rats or do some quests you have done a billion times before as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    I think they should make reputations less time-gated
    Hydraxian waterlords says hi