Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    "Well, he/she is family......"

Fuck that. Family should be held to higher standards not lower ones.

I also hate how people who say, "Find something you love and you'll never work a day in your life" also tend to be the same people that say, "Marriage/relationships are hard work."
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    "Donald Trump is awesome because he makes liberals cry!"

For fuck's sake, politics shouldn't be about "making the other team cry."

"Millenials waste time playing video games!"

How are video games any worse than TV or reading a book? It's a medium of entertainment, nothing more. Hell, some video games tell better stories than some movies.

"Masterbation/Sex is a sin!"

Yeah, natural human behavior is a sin . . . go fuck yourself. Oh wait, you can't. Your god forbids it.

"Millenials are so lazy and self entitled and blah blah blah"

Well excuse us for wanting the same benefits and opportunities your generation had Boomers.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    How is thinking you shouldn't leave poor people to die out a bruteforce method?
    Because you didn't asked them if they want to die.

And i'll add another one to the thread... I really hate sociopaths... Reaally hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Neyze View Post
    What sort of commonly held mindsets do you strongly disagree with?
    ... that a certain nutrition is the key to wellbeing and happyness.

Man I had to mute so many vegan's on facebook that really got on my nerves! Dunno why they have this kind of evangelistic attitude trying to convince the world.

Everyone to his own, so I've nothing against it per se. But I don't want to be converted! ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Using Social Media as a way to rally people.

Someone that has been given a tiny drop power and abuses it anonymously.

People that state opinions as fact in polarizing issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    When people go into pointless arguments to pretend they are right about another topic

Look at the united airline thread for an example

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Using Social Media as a way to rally people.

Someone that has been given a tiny drop power and abuses it anonymously.

People that state opinions as fact in polarizing issues.
    But sometimes it works. On April 22nd, there's going to be a huge march for science. Most of it organized through FB and other social media.

I might be attending, if I can.
    Putin khuliyo

People relying on a 'fact' for the foundation of an argument/belief when that fact has either been long proven to be demonstrably false or entirely irrelevant.

Runner up - People who can't defend a position on its own terms and deflect by pointing their finger at something else.

The current most relevant one is excessive bi-partisan mentalities. This is perhaps the most asinine and disgusting trend in the US right now, and I'm not just talking about one side. They're both equal levels of idiotic and act basically exactly the same.

But what's juust as bad and more ageless are the people who are combative or argumentative over subjective opinions (within reason). Having different personal views/tastes as someone else doesn't mean one person is more right, and in fact if you disagree with someone strongly I don't know why you wouldn't actually be curious about where and how they got their views. Discourse is a beautiful thing that doesn't happen enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    But sometimes it works. On April 22nd, there's going to be a huge march for science. Most of it organized through FB and other social media.

I might be attending, if I can.
    Yes you are right. I should have been more clear.
    I meant like situations where people post how a Taco Bell employee wronged them, and that everybody should boycott Taco Bell, and then people take up the rally without even knowing the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Because you didn't asked them if they want to die.

And i'll add another one to the thread... I really hate sociopaths... Reaally hard.
    So, you are saying we should let poor people die because some of them may want to die?
    Is this really how you justify killing people? Because they may want to die???

"Feminism is about equality"
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    "respect your elders". Sorry, but just because someone is older, doesn't mean they are right about something, or deserve extra points for their age. Everyone gets the same level of respect, and anything more is earned, or lost by ones actions. Age doesn't mean anything to me when it comes to respect.
    Reminds me of when I was at the local government building recently to make an appointment when there was a 96 year old woman in front that needed some application for medication I think it was among other things and she was upset about having to pay anything for the things she needed and kept repeating her age at least five or six times as an excuse for not paying. The receptionist was equally upset trying to tell her that age was irrelevant and that she needed to pay a deductible like any other retired person.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, you are saying we should let poor people die because some of them may want to die?
    OMG...
    Is this really how you justify killing people? Because they may want to die???
    The one who sugested to let people die, was you. STOP detupating may statment in your favour you freaking sociopath.

Liberals. They can't let facts ruin their agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    OMG...

The one who sugested to let people die, was you. STOP detupating may statment in your favour you freaking sociopath.
    Ok,

I did not suggest letting people die. I said I despise the mentality which leads to making such statements ...
    Maybe I should have used quotation marks ...

Despise? That's a hard one.

One that comes to mind instantly is the notion that violence is an acceptable practice to silence dissenting opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Most probably the black and white or extremism. When you try to argue something so many people choose to pick up the extreme strawman argument all the time which is totally not was originally purposed but nonetheless what everything eventually devolves to.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    When people step in at the first sign of any conflict between children. Let them figure it out themselves.
    My sister does this SO much and its the worst thing ever. When I babysit I just wait about 10 seconds if one pushes the other down and 100% of the time he gets back up and is laughing and carrying on again. Little boys especially love to play fight and the more you react to little thing the more likely one will eventually go to mom for everything.

The evil casual mentality.