Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Affliction challenge without SACROLASH [EASY 905+]

Last edited by penquinn; 2017-04-14 at 08:10 PM.

be more descriptive. im getting confused when you say "the guy" cause theres two guys.

Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    be more descriptive. im getting confused when you say "the guy" cause theres two guys.
    i edited my post long before you posted with the correct name, friend

edited some extra just for you though.. any more questions will be answered!
    Last edited by penquinn; 2017-04-14 at 12:43 PM.

Can confirm that this works perfectly. 908 ilvl and it took under 60 seconds to kill him with only moderate kiting of the small adds and no hands/runes.

Thanks for the post!
    Last edited by Kaploo; 2017-04-14 at 12:49 PM.

Does this bug out Karam or something?

Just registered to say THANKS A LOT!!!

im missing something because my infernal is not taking aggro no matter what i do.

EDIT: nm, wasnt in melee range at the start. got it. those adds hurt lol. Im only 902 so im not sure ill be able to one phase this.

what is the point of the mortal coil again. Didnt seem to change any outcome at that point and i wasnt able to do much damage to Raest before Karam comes back up.
    Last edited by vaeevictiss; 2017-04-14 at 02:13 PM.

Deleted
    Karam started the channel before 21.4M. Like 21.7 or so... I'll give this strategy more tries.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Princess Missfit View Post
    Karam started the channel before 21.4M. Like 21.7 or so... I'll give this strategy more tries.
    so can you just kill karam at this point and remove him from the fight for good?
    Last edited by vaeevictiss; 2017-04-14 at 02:37 PM.

Deleted
    YAYY done. @vaeevictiss
    No, it's done because then you've got more time before Karam spawns again.

BTW: Done with Service instead of Supremacy, was keeping Felpup for the chance a Hand would come, but it did not at the end and the felpup helped me with the burst fase. But... IDK, it's like, doing the same, sometimes it's just impossible and sometimes it's a walk in the park. Sephuz+Kil'jaeden helped a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Princess Missfit View Post
    YAYY done. @vaeevictiss
    No, it's done because then you've got more time before Karam spawns again.

BTW: Done with Service instead of Supremacy, was keeping Felpup for the chance a Hand would come, but it did not at the end and the felpup helped me with the burst fase. But... IDK, it's like, doing the same, sometimes it's just impossible and sometimes it's a walk in the park. Sephuz+Kil'jaeden helped a lot.
    dunno if im gear limited for this strat but i cant seem to get him any less that 20-25% before that big thing he summons runs me down.

infernal wont taunt him

Sounds dodgy as hell, removing most of the mechanics of the encounter surely isn't intended.

Be careful taking advantage of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Managed to have him taunt from start. Noticed if i go too heavy he will switch to me and taunt becomes immune after that where im basically dead. 2nd attempt my pet died for not healing him. Little details, trying to get to phase 2 then go balls out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by penquinn View Post
    umm, ok? what happened?

What's the point of doing it like this ? abusing an exploit on something that is supposed to be challenging just removes the actual challenge, which is the point.

Dunno if people have gotten so lazy they would rather just sit and get everything without even playing the game anymore, sad times indeed.

its not cheating. if anything its an exploit. screw it tho. i dont have the gear/skill to get him past 15% anyway. ill just wait for the ring.
    Last edited by vaeevictiss; 2017-04-15 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    its not cheating. if anything its an exploit. screw it tho. i dont have the gear/skill to get him past 15% anyway. ill just wait for the ring.
    Had to figure the strat out by reading the comments, but man ez game after i figured it out

Well can someone who knows the strat PM it to me, so sick of the RNG hands spawning on the other side of the planet and underneath. 40 attempts r 904 equipped with ring, getting halfway in p3 the normal way and just can't get it done, will take my chances if it's an exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathchild View Post
    Well can someone who knows the strat PM it to me, so sick of the RNG hands spawning on the other side of the planet and underneath. 40 attempts r 904 equipped with ring, getting halfway in p3 the normal way and just can't get it done, will take my chances if it's an exploit.
    Just run perma corr, mg, sl, effigy and keep dots on effigy and kill the guy who chases you and seed the adds and have them blow up on him u can leave burning run on always and the hands die from corr/agony and 2-3 uas with no targeting and just interrupt when u can. put doomguard on runes on ground. I did it on my 901 aff lock alt with ring easily(granted it was harder on that than my 912 main without ring)

That's the common strat, not the one discussed in this thread though.
    Last edited by JeroLock; 2017-04-16 at 12:40 PM.