Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Yes. They're being used for Sealing the rift. However, N'zoth's prison is ALSO Right there as well...

So, maybe by using the Pillars, the Power of the Relics will break N'zoth's last chain...
    That has not been confirmed. While there's a strong chance, stop stating speculation as fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    If we loose our artifact weapons at all this will be how it goes down. 'Loosing' them in a raid many people won't even see just doesn't make sense from a design perspective.
    Raiding is the end game so the whole "nobody will see" is tough titty for them. Guess they should play something that isn't a raiding centric game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    That has not been confirmed. While there's a strong chance, stop stating speculation as fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Raiding is the end game so the whole "nobody will see" is tough titty for them. Guess they should play something that isn't a raiding centric game.
    And for new players who join after legion? Suddenly their artefact will be gone and they'll have no clue why because the reason was placed in some silly raid that nobody does anymore.

The story of our artefacts has been pretty much completely solo, putting the end in a raid would be stupid.

They need to put the reason in the intro questline of the next expansion. Then everybody understands.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything... sometime after 7.3 maybe a small questline to turn the artifact in.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

- - - Updated - - -

Key word: MAYBE....

MAYBE his Chain will break...

MAYBE IT WON'T!

I'm not stating Speculation as fact. Read.

Deleted
    It is very unlikely the weapon will go anywhere or change much. It's so interwoven into the Legion mechanics and dialogue that they would have to do a fair bit of work for an ex-Legion player returning to the zone to clean up on quests and other stuff work. And I don't see them spending time working on the previous expac when they have the next one to get out.

I wouldn't be surprised if they either just let them slip away as with all other expac items when you move on, or re-use them with new talent trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Shortsy View Post
    I like the idea that, similar to Deathwing, the Class Halls of Legionfall will band together and siphon the power that resides within our weapons and funnel it into Illidan to strike the final blow against Sargeras on Argus. Afterwards what remains of the weapons will be worthless against what is to come next, specifically the Old Gods/Void Lords.

Just an idea.
    It's obviously why we've been farming AP this whole expansion. Illidan's direct power will be related to how much AP we throw into his body.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Key word: MAYBE....

MAYBE his Chain will break...

MAYBE IT WON'T!

I'm not stating Speculation as fact. Read.
    You said his prison was there. Read.

- - - Updated - - -

And for new players who join after legion? Suddenly their artefact will be gone and they'll have no clue why because the reason was placed in some silly raid that nobody does anymore.

The story of our artefacts has been pretty much completely solo, putting the end in a raid would be stupid.

They need to put the reason in the intro questline of the next expansion. Then everybody understands.
    You won't get an artifact then if that were the case. Draenor perks got removed with no reason other than it's a new expansion. Same thing. Regardless, my point still stands. You're changing the goal lines after you lost.

You said his prison was there. Read.

- - - Updated - - -

You won't get an artifact then if that were the case. Draenor perks got removed with no reason other than it's a new expansion. Same thing. Regardless, my point still stands. You're changing the goal lines after you lost.
    I said it was RIGHT There! There was a Titan Vault in the Tomb, and I'm very certain that Aegwynn wasn't the creator of it..

It was there for a Purpose, a Purpose even before Sargeras' avatar was even created...

In my eyes, the titan vault is actually just a VERY Small portion of N'zoth's Prison, as the Rest of the Prison is just a bit further south of there (As seen from Chronicles Vol.1).

I think I can see one potential fate for our artifacts. They could become corrupted. For instance, if we do an Void lords type thing, they might become infused with shadow type energy. We might have to seal them up in that case because they might have corrupting effects on us or be useless against a new enemy.
    Last edited by Camthur; 2017-04-15 at 01:58 AM.

I think we will be passing them on to a big character from our order hall quest lines. Like the frost DK giving Bolvar the Frostmourne letteropeners, or the Shaman handing Doomhammer back to a redeemed Thrall. Some artifacts might end up being destroyed, or stored away. I think that's the route Blizz will take.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i think you miss the point
    blizzard gave an example of most likely how we are going to replace our weapons, the final boss of the expansion will require all the people in the raid to funnel the power of their artifacts to defeat them, draining them of their power, making them bassicly usless, but defeating the enemy, allowing us to get new weapons the next expansion.
    We'll build a big throne out of the pile of spent weapons. Or, has that been done before?

What's the usual clichè for MacGuffins? Count on it.

Deleted
    Some of these weapons are the ultimate weapons for their respective specs. #
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    weapons have power, ashbringer is not a good weapon because of its shape, but because of the power in it
    Why would any retribution paladin give up on the Ashbringer? Even if it was drained of all its power, I would rather look for a way to repower it, than throwing it away for a green clownsword of horror. I mean that’s basicly what we are doing the whole of Legion: looking for ways to empower our artifact weapons.

I would also like to point out that the specs are woven around our artifacts. If a ret would lose his ashbringer he would also lose his opener and a good HP builder, 1 spell of AoE in addition to less range and even less damage, and 1 less utility (mass stun undead/demon). his level 100 talent crusade would then again also not be worth chosing anymore (like pre Ashbringer, while having set bonuses supplementing AW, Crusade wasn’t just viable).

In other words: Replacing these weapons would also mean that they’d need to redesign most specs yet again and not just number tweaking.

Quote Originally Posted by D-angeL View Post

Why would any retribution paladin give up on the Ashbringer? Even if it was drained of all its power, I would rather look for a way to repower it, than throwing it away for a green clownsword of horror. I mean that’s basicly what we are doing the whole of Legion: looking for ways to empower our artifact weapons.

I would also like to point out that the specs are woven around our artifacts. If a ret would lose his ashbringer he would also lose his opener and a good HP builder, 1 spell of AoE in addition to less range and even less damage, and 1 less utility (mass stun undead/demon). his level 100 talent crusade would then again also not be worth chosing anymore (like pre Ashbringer, while having set bonuses supplementing AW, Crusade wasn’t just viable).

In other words: Replacing these weapons would also mean that they’d need to redesign most specs yet again and not just number tweaking.
    Which is the state that they're already in. There has been NO stability in class design since MOP. Celestalon and crew are still (re)designing the classes, as of the current PTR - so the idea of all new class builds for the next expansion? Not so far fetched. Sadly. They seem to have decided that redoing classes is just fine, before every new raid is released. It's "content" now - relearning your class a couple of times per expansion.

I'd like to think we will grow beyond using powerful tools of azeroths past, and forge our own. It'd be neat to see some sort of modular system that allowed you to build and customize your own unique weapon that grew with you over the course of the expansion. Allowing a similar level of customization as artifact talent progression, but more personalized than a hall full of people wielding ashbringer...
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerot View Post
    I'd like to think we will grow beyond using powerful tools of azeroths past, and forge our own. It'd be neat to see some sort of modular system that allowed you to build and customize your own unique weapon that grew with you over the course of the expansion. Allowing a similar level of customization as artifact talent progression, but more personalized than a hall full of people wielding ashbringer...
    This seems the most likely solution, IMO. It makes the most sense to lose artifact weapons in an 8.0 scenario, however that happens, then we start forging our own. It's also possible that we will be simply replacing them with quest greens, but that seems a bit disappointing after so long with artifacts.

I personally hope we get a "farewell" quest variant in the same vein as the quests to acquire them. Giving Doomhammer back to Thrall, the Blades of the Fallen Prince to Bolvar and Felo'Melorn back to Kael'Thas (who will obviously be back as the villain for the next expansion).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D-angeL View Post

BTW they did say if they did that the artifact stuff will probably just become baseline
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

WoD Cho'gall's set up was entirely soloable, then in LFR you saw him attack Highmaul... then you had to raid Mythic to resolve that storyline. Not even just raid, you had to do the hardest difficulty. On top of that, the removal of the legendary questline entirely removed a section of the story that explained why the balance of power shifted from Grommash to Gul'dan, even if someone wanted to do all the story in WoD after the fact. AFAIK we can't even be sure if Archimonde is dead or not - last I heard, even the devs don't know - because his Mythic death was in the Nether but the one everyone else saw wasn't.

Blizzard unfortunately isn't above making stupid storytelling decisions. They could very well make us losing our artifacts a final raid decision, and in fact I originally believed they would. Doing it as an intro to the next expansion seems like a good idea, though, but a little anti-climatic if they are so central to the Legion storyline. I would expect them to be used at Legion's climax, not the beginning of the next adventure, whatever it is.

On a less serious note, my not-so-serious theory about the artifacts is that we'll use them to finish Legion how it started; a mass teleport, but instead of teleporting Dalaran we teleport the entire goddamn planet across the cosmos, causing Sargeras and the Legion to lose track of where it is and giving us time without demons to explore some new stuff until they eventually find us again. In doing so we drain all the power of our artifacts. I have this silly little cinematic idea in my mind where a giant portal above Azeroth has Sargeras partially come through, where he's fighting Algalon in the sky while we rush from Dalaran to the Nexus to Karazhan setting up the artifacts, Focusing Iris and Pillars of Creation, then use them all to blink Azeroth away just as Sargeras turns his attention to us.

The thing I'm wondering about is what happens when they eventually release a new class a couple expansions down the line and people want to take that class, for whatever reason, through Legion content? A lot of quest lines refer to your Class Order, direct you to your Order Hall, your artifact, empower your artifact, refer to it... A new class wouldn't have any of those things. Would they just... not be able to quest in the Broken Isles?
    Last edited by Soeroah; 2017-04-15 at 12:51 PM.

We won't lose them in a raid, that's for certain, how will you rerun it then? We will lose them in the pre event for next xpac, just like they were introduced.

As an alt who will rerun Legion at any later point and will never see the raid, has to get rid of his artifact as well. It has to be a mandatory event, not something you could avoid completely.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2017-04-15 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    We won't lose them in a raid, that's for certain, how will you rerun it then? We will lose them in the pre event for next xpac, just like they were introduced.

As an alt who will rerun Legion at any later point and will never see the raid, has to get rid of his artifact as well.
    The idea we'll lose them in a raid is an entirely story-level thought. We'll canonically lose them, but we still have use of them in-game until some nebulous future event where they are replaced.

Like how we canonically defeated Archimonde back at the end of WoD but miners have a quest to go kill him again in Legion, or the multitude of other quests that involve killing the same raid or dungeon boss multiple times. The lore and gameplay are separated.

The idea is our artifacts will be lost at the end of the raid, or during the climax, or just after it from a story perspective, then at the pre-event for the next expansion we do a quest line which gives us new weapons to take into the next expansion.