Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    So why not set it to the highest ten percentile then? Which is in the 20s. Is it based on moral or science (no need to answer)?
    I am pretty positive that 18 covers that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I am pretty positive that 18 covers that.
    Nope. 18 is extremely arbitrary. It doesn't mean anything and it's not based on any research. If we based it on research on risks we would never allow sex for the average person.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobblo View Post
    If you choose 18, then choose it for a reason.
    I think most people that would defend 18 as a number would do so on the basis that there has to be some semi-arbitrary age for legal adulthood across the board. Putting it at the age that people graduate high school and are no longer subject to direct adult supervision on a daily basis seems like a reasonable starting point.

I think for working, driving, and sex, pretty much everyone agrees that we need a bit more granularity and to carve out some exceptions - "OK, you can drive at 16, but you need to go through a permitting process", "OK, you can work at 15, but you can't do really dangerous jobs or work more than X hours", "OK, you can have sex at 15, but not with people in positions of authority or people that are much older". This is going to inherently have some arbitrary numbers about what's legal and what's not. There are going to be things that seem kind of morally wrong, but are legal and things that seem basically morally OK, but are illegal. That's the nature of how it has to shake out - there aren't perfect answers.

None of this remotely justifies anyone arguing that the dude from OP is fine though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Nope. 18 is extremely arbitrary. It doesn't mean anything and it's not based on any research. If we based it on research on risks we would never allow sex for the average person.
    Why don't you link your research? I want to read research stating that if you are not into puberty at 18, you are not in 10th latest-puberty percentile.

- - - Updated - - -

You know what, I am done. You guys are free to fuck children, just make sure it's above legal age of consent...
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2017-04-15 at 05:22 PM.

I said 16 or 18. It's a logical OR connective. You can check the truth table. The expression "16 or 18" compose a sizable (>60-70) majority of that map.
    Only if you count individual US states and that would be inconsistent.

You can read the wiki quote I just pasted.
    I read it, it said something else than you presented in further commentary though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

@Bobblo

I am done here mate. You can call me whatever the hell you want. I am not the one who commented here with texts involving pedophilic tendencies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your lines are conflicting with each other. You are not only a degenerate, but also a potential pedophile if your statements are true.
    Who says they aren't well into puberty? Also, you're getting your philias mixed up. Pedophiles are sexually attracted to children who have yet to start puberty. The term you are looking for is hebephile.

Beginning doesn't mean ready for sexual encounter. The well-known landmark for female (menstruation) on average starts at 13. That's average; meaning there is a sizable chunk having that landmark at a later age.
    Pubescent. Ready for sexual encounter. Spot the difference. Because I'd wager that being aroused by prepubescent children has to do with how they look and not the fact they don't bleed (that'd be the opposite of blood fetish, if there's any, I suppose) and appearance changes happen prior to first menstruation.

Edit: Also, like @Tota later said, it's not even readiness for sexual encounter but pregnancy.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-04-15 at 05:54 PM.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

But you just did?
    What??

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I think for working, driving, and sex, pretty much everyone agrees that we need a bit more granularity and to carve out some exceptions - "OK, you can drive at 16, but you need to go through a permitting process", "OK, you can work at 15, but you can't do really dangerous jobs or work more than X hours", "OK, you can have sex at 15, but not with people in positions of authority or people that are much older". This is going to inherently have some arbitrary numbers about what's legal and what's not. There are going to be things that seem kind of morally wrong, but are legal and things that seem basically morally OK, but are illegal. That's the nature of how it has to shake out - there aren't perfect answers.
    Eh, the part in bold is often a law separate from age of consent and illegal across the board (though often with limits of specific cases of a position of power like teacher-student).

I don't wanna get banned in a stupid thread like this. I am out!

7+ Year Old Account
    As I've stated, the problem is older men having sex with children.
    The fact that you emphasized men is explicitly excluding women. That which does not apply to one does not apply to the other. What you mean to say is, "adults who sleep with children".

Because the latter is defined as pedophilia, a mental sickness.
    Having sex with a 13 year-old is not "defined as pedophilia". "Pedophilia" refers specifically to an attraction to prepubescent children. At best, this is a case of hebephilia and "child molestation" (depending on the laws of the region). Additionally, someone explaining to you how a particular word works does not imply that they support that behavior. Frankly, if you can't be bothered to use words correctly, you should just avoid using them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rox the sox View Post
    I said it's not pedophilia if they're in puberty, I didn't say it's okay to have sex with someone who is 9.
    Haven't you heard? Someone else's ignorance is clearly indicative of your own guilt.

Beginning doesn't mean ready for sexual encounter. The well-known landmark for female (menstruation) on average starts at 13. That's average; meaning there is a sizable chunk having that landmark at a later age.
    Menses is not a mark of sexual readiness for females. It's a mark of her body being able to be pregnant. There is a vast difference in her being ready to have sex and her body being able to be pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Having sex with a 13 year-old is not "defined as pedophilia". "Pedophilia" refers specifically to an attraction to prepubescent children. At best, this is a case of hebephilia and "child molestation" (depending on the laws of the region). Additionally, someone explaining to you how a particular word works does not imply that they support that behavior. Frankly, if you can't be bothered to use words correctly, you should just avoid using them.
    3complicated5me. Are you saying you're a pedophile?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    3complicated5me. Are you saying you're a pedophile?
    Nah. Just-turned-eighteen is just right.

And this is my problem with your argument. You claim it is semi-arbitrary. It is 100% arbitrary. Age of consent is a human construct.

This is circular reasoning. I will explain it in a second post, if you can't figure why it is circular on your own.

No. I don't think everyone agrees on these points. Learning how to drive is not the same as having sex with other teens.

And, i would imagine that most parents wouldn't want their child having sex, even if it was with a kid at their school. I could be wrong here, but we are both pulling this feeling out of our asses.
    I don't really understand your position. Without yet settling on an exact age of adulthood, do you agree that there is a meaningful difference between adults and children?

Questionable behavior in your eyes may be perfectly acceptable in another's.
    Have plenty of prisons and graveyards full of them.

But, we have presented a challenge to the law, and you keep on ignoring it.

I can present a challenge to the law without breaking it. Why do you insist on bringing this up every time someone challenges the law?
    Talking about something on an internet forum is not a legal challenge to the law.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/alberta...case-1.3367070

Seriously? Only 4.5 years for this?
    What's going on with these short sentences!

Wait, Canada allows muslim male immigrants who are on Canadian welfare to fly over to some third world islamic country and marry 10 year old girls and bring them back to Canada as a "wife", yet are charging this guy for "sex tourism".

The Canadian government is literally giving money to muslim pedophiles to bring their victims back to Canada with them.

infracted - forbidden topics
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-04-15 at 08:29 PM.

But, thinking back to how i was at 15, i felt mature. Clearly, relying on personal anecdote makes for bad argument, as well. If you choose 18, then choose it for a reason.
    I do not know who and why chose 18... It has been like that for ages and I am not arguing it is the best choice either. However, that is not even the problem with this story, IMHO. The problem is that she is 14 and he is 34: that is a huge age gap not only numerically but also and especially psychologically. The problem is exactly that when you were 15 you felt mature but in fact were not mature at all, at least not compared to a 30 and something year old. That is quite common among teenagers - feeling more mature than what they actually are thus easily falling prey of emotional manipulation and abuse.