Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Is it necessary to point out that there is no real left any longer? Okay, so this guy has some policies that are not perfectly in line with some supposed liberal platform. Hilary Clinton was just as bad. She was in bed with all of the same people as Trump is. These are no real choices in politics: its a fight between asshole level 3 vs asshole level 2.5.

And you know, people always go on about Kennedy. Kennedy was a fairly shitty president and made all kinds of blunders. But those good looks and bad memories has allowed us to make a shrine around his legend.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    No, but thats what i talk about. The initial post was made by someone feeling victorious because he found a post about trudeau showing him as a hypocrite. And to tell a liberal poster on this forum something like "take that!".. i mean.. do you really want to pretend that the initial posing wasnt done by a right wingish poster?

You are really funny.
    Yeah, from the OP's wording it's so clear their issue with Tennisace is him being a liberal
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Yeah, from the OP's wording it's so clear their issue with Tennisace is him being a liberal
    Yeah. But hey.. Kalis will find out at some point.

This is deliberately cutting out important aspects of the article to distort the context. OK, Trudeau said he'd support oil industry. That's swell. And also irrelevant. The article is not calling him a hypocrite over that stance in a vacuum or attaching the hypocrisy label to the "He's doing the things he promised" tangent. It focused on how this policy of Trudeau is: 1. in stark contrast with another policy of his and 2. opposite to how Canada expects other countries to behave with carbon quotas they helped to establish. Which, you know, is hypocrisy. And exactly what the article said is hypocritical.
    You realize Canada did not help to establish any of this. Canada was one of the country to not sign anything along with the US and China for the longest time. Also nothing Canada signed is about reducing how much pollution they might unable other countries to do. The article is bogus, because it claims thing that dont exist. Keystone doesent add more pollution to Canada itself. That oil gets delivered anyway.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    You didnt really answer my question. Who would benefit from discrediting a liberal leader?
    Judge criticism based on its merits. If someone criticises a political party I support, I see if the criticism is valid, not worry about whether or not someone else gives a shit.

No, but thats what i talk about. The initial post was made by someone feeling victorious because he found a post about trudeau showing him as a hypocrite. And to tell a liberal poster on this forum something like "take that!".. i mean.. do you really want to pretend that the initial posing wasnt done by a right wingish poster?

You are really funny.
    Who cares? Is the criticism valid or not?

Right. Thanks for confirming the initial post was biased. And yes, it was right wing biased. And had the intention to show up a liberal leader as hypocrite.

Anything left we are not d'accord?
    People are biased. The author of the article is not a right winger, if the OP is using left wing sources to criticise Trudeau, then perhaps Trudeau needs to be looked at.

Stop defending people just because they happen to be on your "side", defend them if you agree with their stance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Stop defending people just because they happen to be on your "side", defend them if you agree with their stance.
    Stop trying to tell me what i have to talk about. In special if your argumentation is as flawed as the last.

I commented on the issue as it was, once again, just another denounciation topic by a right wing apologete.. on a forum that is about computer games, which would not even exist without a liberal democratic system.

Or do you want to pretend pop culture would exist in a totalitarian system?

For me it is unbellievable that these forums are permanently infested by right wing ideas, which just have nothing to do with the cultural space we share here.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-04-17 at 02:09 PM.

This is deliberately cutting out important aspects of the article to distort the context. OK, Trudeau said he'd support oil industry. That's swell. And also irrelevant. The article is not calling him a hypocrite over that stance in a vacuum or attaching the hypocrisy label to the "He's doing the things he promised" tangent. It focused on how this policy of Trudeau is: 1. in stark contrast with another policy of his and 2. opposite to how Canada expects other countries to behave with carbon quotas they helped to establish. Which, you know, is hypocrisy. And exactly what the article said is hypocritical.
    Exactly, and it seems that is also clear for critics in Canada.

He is basically doing the same as most politicians - giving contradictory promises that different groups like; while looking good.
    And if you really want to attack Trudeau: https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...=.552eb837dd7f

I wonder if anyone has ever thought of low-orbit air-filter satellites.... I've also wondered why we can't "cap" the smokestacks on power plants, capturing the offensive particles before they're released to the air.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop trying to tell me what i have to talk about. In special if your argumentation is as flawed as the last.
    Politics to you is obviously like a team sport. Go Reds!

I commented on the issue as it was, once again, just another denounciation topic by a right wing apologete..
    The author of the article is a left wing environmentalist.

on a forum that is about computer games, which would not even exist without a liberal democratic system.
    I have no idea where you are going with that. I am sure it will not be somewhere logical though.

Or do you want to pretend pop culture would exist in a totalitarian system?
    Where the fuck did that random nugget come from?

For me it is unbellievable that these forums are permanently infested by right wing ideas, which just have nothing to do with the cultural space we share here.
    It sounds like you want an echo chamber.

Deleted
    It sounds like you want an echo chamber.
    If i wanted an echo chamber, i would not discuss in this thread.

I just said that the pop culture these forums are based on has absolutely nothing to do with right wing politics.

10+ Year Old Account
    If i wanted an echo chamber, i would not discuss in this thread.
    I get the feeling that your version of an echo chamber would sound remarkably like a Stormfront one, but with different people being eliminated.

I just said that the pop culture these forums are based on has absolutely nothing to do with right wing politics.
    They have nothing to do with left wing politics either.

Do you remember left wing nations like USSR, GDR, Cuba, etc.? Not exactly the cradle of computer gaming were they?

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    I wonder if anyone has ever thought of low-orbit air-filter satellites.... I've also wondered why we can't "cap" the smokestacks on power plants, capturing the offensive particles before they're released to the air.
    Carbon capture and sequestration is considered. Since the offensive particles are primarily CO2, which is a gas, it is not that simple.

There are a number of possibilities: dump it underground in some cave, and hope that there is no crack and sudden eruption (being tried), run it through a green house (captured by the plants and they grow slightly more - but you need a greenhouse etc; and it depends on the plants - don't know if Canadians now can use it to grow weed faster), etc

Yeah. But hey.. Kalis will find out at some point.
    That the OP wasn't complaining about Tennis because of him being liberal? I think that's @Kalis' stance already?
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    I get the feeling that your version of an echo chamber would sound remarkably like a Stormfront one, but with different people being eliminated.
    You try to really put me into a nazi stereotype?

How ridiculous.

Do you remember left wing nations like USSR, GDR, Cuba, etc.? Not exactly the cradle of computer gaming were they?
    I talked about liberal democracy as a fundamental prerequisite for democratic forums like this.

Dont try to take it out of context.

Pop culture never would have existed in a right wing paradise. Considering that it is unbelieveable that right wing propaganda strikes these forums every day.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-04-17 at 02:39 PM.

That the OP wasn't complaining about Tennis because of him being liberal? I think that's @Kalis' stance already?
    What do you mean with "liberal"?

OP is an immigrant in Europe as far as I can see, and "liberal" in Europe has a much wider range than "liberal" in the US/Canada.

Maybe he got confused about what going "Green" meant... They will be producing a lot of green.

But about the article kinda defines what pisses me off about many liberals. We don't need these purity tests. Take what we can get and work on improving. Is it better to have politicians who accept climate science or politicians who stick their heads in the sand and poison the minds of the masses in attempts to set back any possible climate solutions?

10+ Year Old Account
    You try to really put me into a nazi stereotype?

How ridiculous.
    Stalinist, not Nazi. Two sides of the same coin.

I talked about liberal democracy as a fundamental prerequisite for democratic forums like this.

Dont try to take it out of context.

Pop culture never would have existed in a right wing paradise. Considering that it is unbelieveable that right wing propaganda strikes these forums every day.
    Depends on the right wing paradise. Liberal democracies can be right wing, see the US, UK and Japan for prime examples. They are also excellent examples of nations where computer games and other pop culture developed into what we see today.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    What do you mean with "liberal"?

OP is an immigrant in Europe as far as I can see, and "liberal" in Europe has a much wider range than "liberal" in the US/Canada.
    Meaningless distinction in this case, since the OP clearly criticizes Tennisace for being a troll and often deifying Trudeau (and Canada) despite Trudeau being just another slimy douchebag politician (as the article provided by the OP establishes), not because of Tennisace's belonging to a specific part of the political spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    Maybe he got confused about what going "Green" meant... They will be producing a lot of green.

But about the article kinda defines what pisses me off about many liberals. We don't need these purity tests. Take what we can get and work on improving. Is it better to have politicians who accept climate science or politicians who stick their heads in the sand and poison the minds of the masses in attempts to set back any possible climate solutions?
    That is a false choice. Trudeau accepts climate science, at least when speaking with environmentalists - but doesn't act according to that.

What matters is what politicians do - not their high-sounding talks - but whether they really try to solve the problems.

It might be that he doesn't view climate change as that detrimental (it might be that Canada will be spared most of the bad effects; additional warmth wouldn't make it uninhabitable and it is mostly several meters above sea-level and not in imminent danger of flooding as Bangladesh) - but then he should say that, instead of sounding environmental.

- - - Updated - - -

Meaningless distinction in this case, since the OP clearly criticizes Tennisace for being a troll and often deifying Trudeau (and Canada) despite Trudeau being just another slimy douchebag politician (as the article provided by the OP establishes), not because of Tennisace's belonging to a specific part of the political spectrum.
    Ok, I agree with that.