Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    His action in Syria = more results than Obama did in his 8 years in office.
    Kind of funny considering Trump spent the previous 8 years screaming over twitter that doing anything in Syria is a very bad move.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Theodore Roosevelt.

He was just in general a down to earth, good and decent fellow, and a badass.

Also, don't ever refer to him as Teddy please, he didn't like being called Teddy, lets show some respect for the man and stop that.
    Decent fellow? You mean aside from the whole encouraging genocide of native Americans thing right?

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    someone is really confused about history.
    so you like that Lincoln made what is today the republican party, angry.

and if you don't like Lincoln you are a racist, or a democrat, which i assume you meant the old democrats which are today's republicans, so i can agree since we know a lot of republicans are quite the racist type
    Nobody changed from being a Democrat to being a Republican. That is not historically accurate. There was a slight shift in the majority over time. Few states, even today, have a majority much more than 60% to one side.

It's a fact that the slave states were Democrats, all the way up until the civil rights movement, where they doubled down and started the Segregationist party. The Dixiecrats never joined the Republican party. They just died off, and most people eventually realized racism was wrong. What you are trying to do, is put racism on the political spectrum, and attribute it to the right. That is not an actual thing. If you study history, you will see that racism and bigotry have lived on the left, right, up and down, in various nations, at various points in history.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    It still made Democrats mad as hell, and for that he will always have my respect. Plus, there is the actual good deed of freeing the slaves, which itself makes it hard to argue against Lincoln being the greatest president. That is, unless a person is a racist or a Democrat or both.
    The Democrats then basically being Republicans, and vice versa. It's amazing how the names have stayed the same but the platforms have changed 180 degrees.

Drumpf was born into wealth.

As for my favourite... Lincoln, I guess? I'm not all that invested in leaders of that place.

Quote Originally Posted by -MDH- View Post
    Trump warps reality for these people.
    I've seen Trump supporters say that Trump bombed Syria because he now fully understands the situation over there.

Basically, Trump is growing up.
    Last edited by Volardelis; 2017-04-17 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    i know some one who hates lincoln because he stooped the county from splitting he thinks america would be better without the south.
    From a North Carolina lawmaker:

They just can't let it go...

My top 5:

1. Abe Lincoln.

2. F.D.R

3. Trump

4. A tie between Washington, and Jefferson.

5. Teddy!

Now, here's my top 3 Worst presidential list:

1. Nixon

2. Obama

3. Gorge. W. Bush.

Deleted
    Do you know the airbase trump bombed in Syria? It became operational mere hours after the bombing.
    Some results!

Favorite President: Barrack Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Man View Post
    From a North Carolina lawmaker:

They just can't let it go...
    What in the fuck?

Does Pittman realize that it was the south who wanted slavery, that is was them who went to war with us? Lincoln was 100% Against slavery, and HELPED the blacks. Hell, when the black man wanted to fight, he accept their offer in kicking the souths ass. Not only that, but with Lincolns Tele-communication devices across the North, The south were easily out-matched/out-classed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    Do you know the airbase trump bombed in Syria? It became operational mere hours after the bombing.
    Some results!

Favorite President: Barrack Obama.
    Of all Presidents, From Abe fucking Lincoln himself, To Gorge Washington, To Thomas jefferson, Obama was your favorite? :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Osama Bin Laden would have a word with you if he could.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Of all Presidents, From Abe fucking Lincoln himself, To Gorge Washington, To Thomas jefferson, Obama was your favorite? :/
    Sorry. I meant to say my fav President during my lifetime. Of course I would mention Washington, Jefferson or FDR, otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The Democrats then basically being Republicans, and vice versa. It's amazing how the names have stayed the same but the platforms have changed 180 degrees.
    Eh, it's not quite that simple. The flips are there, but it's not on every issue in the platform.

The racists didn't move to the right, they went away, for the most part. Nobody not named Al Sharpton actually thinks that racism is as rampant today as it was in the early 1960's and prior. At least, nobody who can be taken seriously.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    So, you think holding the nation together was merely a personal goal? You think this goal was shallow, even though he gave his life for it?
    i mean it kinda was a personal goal of him and every one who wanted to do it its not like every one wanted to stay. as to it being shallow i don't know how to classify if a goal if shallow or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    What in the fuck?

Does Pittman realize that it was the south who wanted slavery, that is was them who went to war with us? Lincoln was 100% Against slavery, and HELPED the blacks. Hell, when the black man wanted to fight, he accept their offer in kicking the souths ass. Not only that, but with Lincolns Tele-communication devices across the North, The south were easily out-matched/out-classed.

- - - Updated - - -

Lincoln: "If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that."

he didn't really care about the slaves either way he just wanted to keep the union.

i mean it kinda was a personal goal of him and every one who wanted to do it its not like every one wanted to stay. as to it being shallow i don't know how to classic if a goal if shallow or not.
    So, because a person has goals for what he thinks is best for the nation, that makes accomplishing those goals ONLY a personal achievement? Are...are you serious? Have you taken that logic out, and ran it around the block a couple of times? By that logic, there is factually no way for anyone to act in the best interests of a nation, unless they were against what they were for, or...something?

If you want to figure out if something is shallow or not, just assume anyone who was murdered for doing something, and who KNEW they would be murdered for it, is not shallow.

Remember, this is a man who let random ass people waiting to see him sleep in the hallways of the White House. Actually, why am I even bothering? If you think Abe Fucking Lincoln was shallow and not acting in the interests of the nation, you are just so ignorant of history, this conversation is pointless...
    Last edited by Tijuana; 2017-04-18 at 12:03 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    So, because a person has goals for what he thinks is best for the nation, that makes accomplishing those goals ONLY a personal achievement? Are...are you serious? Have you taken that logic out, and ran it around the block a couple of times? By that logic, there is factually no way for anyone to act in the best interests of a nation, unless they were against what they were for, or...something?

If you want to figure out if something is shallow or not, just assume anyone who was murdered for doing something, and who KNEW they would be murdered for it, is not shallow.

Remember, this is a man who let random ass people waiting to see him sleep in the hallways of the White House. Actually, why am I even bothering? If you think Abe Fucking Lincoln was shallow and not acting in the interests of the nation, you are just so ignorant of history, this conversation is pointless...
    i mean half the nation wanted to leave just because he won doesn't really mean it was the best interest of the nation only that it was the best for his half. all the people who wanted to leave or died trying to leave didn't get there best interest. it was a personal goal to keep the nations together as it was a personal goal of the people who wanted to leave it to leave.

as to dieng for it he was assassinated i don't really think he thought he was going to be murdered like that.

and i never said he was shallow as i said i don't really know how to clarify if some ones goals are shallow or not. his goal was in his best interest as president i guess it was also the best interest of any one who wanted america to stay united, it was the worse interest of people who wanted to break off i don't really know if that would be shallow or not it helps some hurts some seems.

God Emperor (President) Donald J Trump.

Why? He puts fear into Liberal Lunatics. And reveals for what those Liberals truly are....Looking at you Antifa. May many Antifa gets rekted in the near future.

i mean half the nation wanted to leave just because he won doesn't really mean it was the best interest of the nation only that it was the best for his half. all the people who wanted to leave or died trying to leave didn't get there best interest. it was a personal goal to keep the nations together as it was a personal goal of the people who wanted to leave it to leave.

as to dieng for it he was assassinated i don't really think he thought he was going to be murdered like that.

and i never said he was shallow as i said i don't really know how to clarify if some ones goals are shallow or not. his goal was in his best interest as president i guess it was also the best interest of any one who wanted america to stay united, it was the worse interest of people who wanted to break off i don't really know if that would be shallow or not it helps some hurts some seems.
    The leaders of half the nation wanted to leave, if we are being accurate.

The point is not that everyone agreed it was in the best interests of the country. The point is that Lincoln thought it was in the best interests of the country, which makes it, by definition, non-shallow.

Yes, he damn well knew he would be murdered for it. Did you not take ANY history, at all? He wrote extensively that he knew he would be assassinated for it. His staff pleaded with him to not go to the theater that night, for this very reason.

But, we will just have to agree to disagree. I legit cannot take any more reading of text that has no capital letters, and missing punctuation. It's too late in the day to strain to read the words.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangusei View Post
    Franklin D. Roosevelt he basically made US the world super power it is now. Shame he died before he could finish more of his great plans.
    If only they had vaccines then :/
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

7+ Year Old Account
    The leaders of half the nation wanted to leave, if we are being accurate.

The point is not that everyone agreed it was in the best interests of the country. The point is that Lincoln thought it was in the best interests of the country, which makes it, by definition, non-shallow.

Yes, he damn well knew he would be murdered for it. Did you not take ANY history, at all? He wrote extensively that he knew he would be assassinated for it. His staff pleaded with him to not go to the theater that night, for this very reason.

But, we will just have to agree to disagree. I legit cannot take any more reading of text that has no capital letters, and missing punctuation. It's too late in the day to strain to read the words.
    ya my history didn't go over american presidents at all because i live in Canada. I don't even know how we got here all i said to start is he didn't really care either way about the slaves and that's true...

as far as capital and punctuation i have problems with non verbal communication that includes writing/typing stuff out so.....