Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Bloodlet Build - Opener/Meta

When is the ideal time to use (or avoid) throw glaive? Should I be using it during meta/CB/Nem?

10+ Year Old Account
    I figure you would want to use both right away, after you've procced CB/Nem. Get a big dot rolling right away and then i am normally able to get at least 1 TG off before CB buffs finishes.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareous View Post
    I figure you would want to use both right away, after you've procced CB/Nem. Get a big dot rolling right away and then i am normally able to get at least 1 TG off before CB buffs finishes.
    I wud hold off using the second charge slightly, mb after 3-4secs, so as to keep a high dot for the entire fight, rather than getting a high dot at start and then a small dot for the remainder of the encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Meanshield View Post
    I wud hold off using the second charge slightly, mb after 3-4secs, so as to keep a high dot for the entire fight, rather than getting a high dot at start and then a small dot for the remainder of the encounter.
    You can't snapshot Bloodlet and keep a high dmg DoT running
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Yeah, it's additive, holding off for a few seconds does nothing to overall damage.

I guess you'd want to do it during Nemesis/Chaos Blades, but dump the first two BEFORE you hit Meta? I know you'd lose a little Meta time during Chaos Blades but you'd be losing it anyways due to the GCDs being used so it's about the same; at least this way you get more Meta->Nemesis time. So I'd assume something like:

-Nemesis, Chaos Blades
    -Throw Glaive, Throw Glaive
    -Metamorphosis
    -Continue to prioritize Throw Glaive while Chaos Blades is active
    -Once Chaos Blades is down, just don't allow Throw Glaive to ever hit 2 stacks
    -Meta ends, normal rotation begins

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    You can't snapshot Bloodlet and keep a high dmg DoT running
    Bloodlet DoT is snapshotted from the damage dealt by throw glaive.

The best usage is on the opener and at the end of CB for a bloodlet refresh.

CB/Nem
    TG
    Meta
    TG (Just before CB ends)

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    You cannot keep a high DoT Bloodlet rolling by refreshing, It's easy enough to check on a target dummy
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    Yeah.

You cannot keep a high DoT Bloodlet rolling by refreshing, It's easy enough to check on a target dummy
    Did I say you keep it rolling by refreshing it?....no

I said it IS snapshotted by TG damage.

Did I say you keep it rolling by refreshing it?....no

I said it IS snapshotted by TG damage.
    The fuck are you even talking about? I was originally replying to a guy who seems to think Bloodlet can be snapshotted (And by that i mean the widely used term for DoT snapshotting in WoW)

Are you basically trying to say Bloodlet does 150% TG damage? Because it's plainly fucking obvious
    Yeah.

The best usage is on the opener and at the end of CB for a bloodlet refresh.

CB/Nem
    TG
    Meta
    TG (Just before CB ends)

It's only "snapshotted" for the duration of that specific debuff, it's not maintained as long as you don't let the debuff fall off. It's not really "snapshotting" at all, it's only coincidentally acting like snapshotting because it's based on a concrete percentage of damage inflicted by another ability rather than having it's own damage calculation.

The point is that you're never going to increase your DPS by "holding off" and trying to stretch the debuff duration out versus just dumping both charges at once. In fact, it's going to be quite the opposite over the duration of the entire encounter if it leads to fewer Throw Glaives being cast overall. You want as many full-duration Bloodlet debuffs completing as possible.

And now that I think about it, I'd have to do some testing to determine the Meta usage. On one hand, Meta doesn't directly increase the damage of Throw Glaive, leading one to think it'd be better to get it up during Nemesis/CB but before Meta. On the other hand, the huge amount of haste Meta offers could mean getting an additional Throw Glaive or two in during Chaos Blades, which with Bloodlet (especially with the bracers) could contribute more damage than you're losing to spending GCDs on TG rather than CS during Meta.

The fuck are you even talking about? I was originally replying to a guy who seems to think Bloodlet can be snapshotted (And by that i mean the widely used term for DoT snapshotting in WoW)

Are you basically trying to say Bloodlet does 150% TG damage? Because it's plainly fucking obvious
    Bloodlet DoT is based on the damage dealt by TG... Hence it is a snapshot

DoT snapshotting means to use a buff to increase its damage after that buff has finished the term does not define a duration. If it continues to deal increased damage after a certain buff has dropped then it IS by definition a snapshot.

Therefore Blootlet is snapshotted by the damage dealt from TG. CB increases damage dealt by abilities, TG being cast at the end of CB will snapshot Bloodlet as the TG did increased damage due to the CB

Bloodlet DoT is based on the damage dealt by TG... Hence it is a snapshot

DoT snapshotting means to use a buff to increase its damage after that buff has finished the term does not define a duration. If it continues to deal increased damage after a certain buff has dropped then it IS by definition a snapshot.

Therefore Blootlet is snapshotted by the damage dealt from TG. CB increases damage dealt by abilities, TG being cast at the end of CB will snapshot Bloodlet as the TG did increased damage due to the CB
    The hell are you even smoking?

Get this through your thick skull. We. Are. Not. Discussing. The. Flat. 150%.

He was talking about DoT snapshotting, About prolonging the duration of a high DoT Bloodlet IE what Aff locks used to abuse in Siege.
    Yeah.

The hell are you even smoking?

Get this through your thick skull. We. Are. Not. Discussing. The. Flat. 150%.

He was talking about DoT snapshotting, About prolonging the duration of a high DoT Bloodlet IE what Aff locks used to abuse in Siege.
    It is DoT snapshotting... you just can't prolong the duration.

Bloodlet should be regulated based on buffs/crits throughout the fight...Don't just burn your TG charges off CD as often you will be replacing a DoT that is dealing more damage. Obviously you want to keep bloodlet running at all times but as I said the damage of TG is snapshotted.
    Last edited by Oracle; 2017-04-18 at 03:23 AM.

It is DoT snapshotting... you just can't prolong the duration.

Bloodlet should be regulated based on buffs/crits throughout the fight...Don't just burn your TG charges off CD as often you will be replacing a DoT that is dealing more damage. Obviously you want to keep bloodlet running at all times but as I said the damage of TG is snapshotted.
    Did you even read what the original poster posted that evoked the response that lolsteak gave?

Jesus christ your ignorance and pure autism is just 100x beyond anything I have seen. THE GUY THINKS YOU CAN KEEP A HIGH DOT RUNNING WITH DOT REFRESH. READ THE FUCKING POST YOU IDIOT.

~~~Infraction: Flaming~~~
    Last edited by Orloth; 2017-04-18 at 04:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ehxy View Post
    Did you even read what the original poster posted that evoked the response that lolsteak gave?

Jesus christ your ignorance and pure autism is just 100x beyond anything I have seen. THE GUY THINKS YOU CAN KEEP A HIGH DOT RUNNING WITH DOT REFRESH. READ THE FUCKING POST YOU IDIOT.
    I know exactly what he said.... and he said its not snapshotting when in fact it is

Followed by this:

Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    It's only "snapshotted" for the duration of that specific debuff, it's not maintained as long as you don't let the debuff fall off. It's not really "snapshotting" at all, it's only coincidentally acting like snapshotting because it's based on a concrete percentage of damage inflicted by another ability rather than having it's own damage calculation.

I think this is just a simple misunderstanding, and there's no reason for it to escalate to bullying. Chill please. Thank you.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

Deleted
    i just go with the simc APL which is: Meta>CB/NEM>TG>FB>FR>FOTI>CS.....>TG (last CB tick) - works pretty good

Basically this:

Quote Originally Posted by blinzi View Post
    i just go with the simc APL which is: Meta>CB/NEM>TG>FB>FR>FOTI>CS.....>TG (last CB tick) - works pretty good
    Never go for CB - > meta lol

Quote Originally Posted by blinzi View Post
    Well, I use FB only when I'm below certain amount of fury..and I don't use FR during CB. My Opener is:

Meta -> FB -> NEM/CB -> TG -> FOTI -> TG(if youre still low on fury) -> Annihilation ..... TG a soon as rdy and FB when required. (Replace TG with Death Sweep for First Blood specc).

I don't think you should meta after NEM/CB, it eats an GCD and you need every GCD within that 12s timeframe.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    And now that I think about it, I'd have to do some testing to determine the Meta usage. On one hand, Meta doesn't directly increase the damage of Throw Glaive, leading one to think it'd be better to get it up during Nemesis/CB but before Meta. On the other hand, the huge amount of haste Meta offers could mean getting an additional Throw Glaive or two in during Chaos Blades, which with Bloodlet (especially with the bracers) could contribute more damage than you're losing to spending GCDs on TG rather than CS during Meta.
    Not only that.

Using Meta before Nemesis/CB ensures that you use the 25% haste for the extra CB procs and, if you use Meta during CB, you will lose a few hits/casts during the jump animations.

I'm pretty sure using Metamorphosis right before CB is pretty much always strictly better.