Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Granador View Post
    All I see ppl that are crying about LEGION are the one who does not like ILVL SCALING and the PATHFINDER ACHIVES , You People are lazy one , you want flying , you want to 1 shot everything you are just pathetic , I hope WoW will drop to 500k SUBS so noobs like you can be gone and I can enjoy the game even more .
    As if blizzard would bother to still develop content for a measly 500k playerbase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    wotlk 12m
    panda 9m
    wod 6m
    legion 4m (and we're still only halfway through it, we'll probably end legion with 2.5m)
    maybe in the next xpac when we get below 1m players people will understand the IS actually dying.

"is dying" doesnt mean it will ceace to exist tomorrow, it actually means it has a disease that is killing it from inside-out.
    The only "disease" wow has is posters like you constantly making this kind of bullshit posts. Just my 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    It's hopelessly circumstantial, but my reason for generally accepting the realm activity numbers is the fact Blizzard decided to stop releasing subscription numbers. There was only one reason they'd ever make that move, and it was because the numbers were depressing. I think they realise that the game is now in terminal decline, and have no reason to really chart its course.

For me personally, it's a shame. I've loved Legion. I honestly think it's sandwiched its way between Wrath and The Burning Crusade on my all-time expansion list; it's excellent.

It just probably arrived an expansion too late.
    Agreed this expansion has been a blast. Lots of perfectly optional yet still rewarding content to participate in. This is the longest ive been monthly subbed to warcraft for in a long time

Oh boy this is a fresh and new thread.

Wow is dying we get it, if you have moved on then please, MOVE ON.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

WTB Mods putting every single little complaint/QQ thread about WoW into 1 megathread.

Don't need the tears every day do we? Plenty to be done in game. Choosing not to isn't a reason to cry on forums.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Or they make money from all sorts of sources now and there have no need to release the numbers. Hell they make even MORE money because of people buying the tokens to sell on the AH. For every 3 tokens they sell that is the same as another paid person in a month in profit. So sub numbers might be lower but they'd be making the same money if more people were playing or hell, maybe even more money now.
    All of this is true, of course, but it doesn't really matter. If they've monetised World of Warcraft better than ever before (which I believe, as of the last earnings call, they have), that's not a reason to stop reporting subscription numbers. If anything, it'd help ease concern because it'd prove that, even with a declining population, the game is still in rude health financially.

My point was purely that they don't release subscription numbers because it's likely that they're indefensibly poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Agreed this expansion has been a blast. Lots of perfectly optional yet still rewarding content to participate in. This is the longest ive been monthly subbed to warcraft for in a long time
    If it weren't for the strange PvP approach and the hopeless class design in too many instances (luckily, not mine), it's hard to see what's wrong with Legion. World Quests are a revolution for the entire genre, for crying out loud.

All of this is true, of course, but it doesn't really matter. If they've monetised World of Warcraft better than ever before (which I believe, as of the last earnings call, they have), that's not a reason to stop reporting subscription numbers. If anything, it'd help ease concern because it'd prove that, even with a declining population, the game is still in rude health financially.

My point was purely that they don't release subscription numbers because it's likely that they're indefensibly poor.
    I mean it is quite possible, but keep in mind they did this before Legion came out. If they were so inclined they could have released sub numbers for when Legion came out, because we could all see it did pretty damn well. Now multiple months in the same type of cyclical playstyle is back for many people and the sub numbers are probably not amazing. All they did is just avoid massive drama about horrible subscription numbers from media outlets. They know WoW is not the only thing bringing them in money so they can likely keep quiet about the sub numbers for as long as the game is around.

But again I point out, does it REALLY matter how many people are playing the game as long as they are still putting out content for those that want to play the game? My style of gameplay does not change if there are 10, 2, or 7 million people playing.

- - - Updated - - -

If it weren't for the strange PvP approach and the hopeless class design in too many instances (luckily, not mine), it's hard to see what's wrong with Legion. World Quests are a revolution for the entire genre, for crying out loud.
    I would guess it has some to do with RNG: The Expansion. Legendaries being a right pain in the ass for people. Not as easy to do alts if you want them to be good (aka AP/legendary grinding). I don't personally have a big problem with the grind as this is a MMO and was nothing compared to Everquest before WoW came out. So like I said I don't have a problem with it but I sure do see why people can be unhappy with the game. I have friends I'd love to game with who have no desire to come back because of the feeling of being way behind when it comes to the AP/legendary treadmill.

Hell I even don't want to play multiple specs for my class because of the AP drain on maintaining weapons in 7.2 and the fact I don't have legendaries for the spec so it won't perform how I want it. So take all those little nitpicks people have and I can see what is wrong with Legion.

Edit: I also like to think that some of the reason for people leaving and coming back in cycles is that there are other things to do to keep them busy. There are many genres of games around now and many of them can be played in much smaller sessions. I don't know if it is a small or a large number of people but it is out there.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2017-04-18 at 12:09 PM.

I have to agree patch 6.2 is looking like a superior patch than 7.2. But 7.2 isn't the last patch, so I suspect they are holding back too much for patch 7.3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Oh boy this is a fresh and new thread.

Wow is dying we get it, if you have moved on then please, MOVE ON.
    Where did I state that wow is dying?

My point is that it could be much better if the devs made a few reasonable changes. Clearly quite a lot of people agree with me!

The classes are broken. A lot of players are on waiting mode to see the class changes for patch 7.2.5, because patch 7.1.5 was a big fiasco and flop when it came to fixing talents and classes.

Blizz dropped the ball as they had high player activity then but squandered it by goofing off by destroying specs (Prot Warrior) while not fixing real class issues.

It took a lot of effort but for example they are finally reverting the damaging changes made against a spec like Sub for example which we told them since Legion Alpha it was bad design.

Deleted
    Looking at this graph we can understand why they felt the need to hype it up as the biggest patch ever, despite thoughts about the opposite resonating in your mind in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    My point is that it could be much better if the devs made a few reasonable changes. Clearly quite a lot of people agree with me!
    And reasonable to you may not be reasonable to others. Also, I don't think you've ever said what these reasonable changes are. So please, enlighten us. One thing is for sure many people want 'change' but sure as hell don't know what it is they want.

Also you may want to go back and reread this thread and look at how many different people posted in the thread that didn't agree with you. It sure as hell is not "quite a lot" in any direction.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://warcraftrealms.com/weeklyacti...hp?serverid=-1

Holy fuck man. Those numbers are BAAAAAD. The patch released 2 weeks ago and it didn't effect activity at all wtf.
    "Data is collected using the latest version of the CensusPlus UI Mod."

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    The classes are broken. A lot of players are on waiting mode to see the class changes for patch 7.2.5
    A "lot" or a very noisy amount of people on the forums? You do realize that the majority of players of this game do NOT post in forums right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    "Data is collected using the latest version of the CensusPlus UI Mod."
    Great addon! Worked perfectly for many years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Great addon! Worked perfectly for many years.
    "192,318 Total Downloads"

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    A "lot" or a very noisy amount of people on the forums? You do realize that the majority of players of this game do NOT post in forums right?
    Class activity shows player discontent with classes. Specifically with Monks as a good example.

Classes have been dumbed down so much it is no wonder people are leaving.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    "192,318 Total Downloads"
    Amazing isn't it? That is if you have basic understanding of statistics.........

1001 people can be representetive for millions. Children in pre school know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Class activity shows player discontent with classes. Specifically with Monks as a good example.

Classes have been dumbed down so much it is no wonder people are leaving.
    Or it shows that monks aren't popular because they were not a hero class and people might not have been willing to make the switch after having their characters for many years. Maybe they didn't like the lore behind the monk or the playstyle. Who knows? Neither of us do.

What you just said is total opinion, just like what I said. The difference is I'm willing to accept many reasons as to what the 'problem' could be (if there is one) and you have made up your mind that 'dumbed down' classes are the reason.

Deleted
    I think people here are having a really hard time realising that this addon tracks everyone on that server (faction).

Oh my :-(