Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It's a pretty good indication though. Most players are not having a good time.
    What you think doesn't really matter here.

No ones gaining anything by Legion being a bad expantion. Well, maybe competitor but players and Blizzard would be better off if the devs actually put some effort into the game and stopped lying to customers.
    I didn't know you spoke for "most" players. You DO know "most" players don't speak in forums and just play the game right? As far as we know WoW is STILL the most played MMO and until some other game dethrones it I don't really care. You can't please everyone and the game is 12 years old.

Also, if the competitors were benefitting so greatly from WoW stumbling where is the next big MMO? FFXIV wasn't it. GW2 wasn't it. Star Wars wasn't it and so on. Maybe Star Citizen or Crowfall or whateverthefuck coming out next will be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    *nods* I just wonder if they'll be able to find the sweet spot that makes more people happy. I just think there is a few TOO many RNG layers on top of one another right now. Be it because of legendaries or titanforging or whatever is the cause. But like you say I'm happy with the game, I love the raiding and M+ has been exactly what I wanted to make dungeons relevant again. So they get my money just because of those 2 things alone.
    They could dial down the RNG a few notches, for sure.. the game isn't perfect and I'm certainly not arguing to the contrary. However, the game is a lot of fun for me right now, especially with the M+ system That said, if I was solely into PvP, I'd probably have uninstalled by now.

Deleted
    I wish FFXIV was better (for me). I gave it two tries, when it rereleased and the 1st expansion it put out. Not a bad game by any means but just not what I'm looking for.
    The last RPG of that style I played was FFVII. Once I reached my teens, I lost interest in RPG's of that style. Anime-esque humour and narrative rubs me the wrong way. Sadly that means anything with that art style rarely even gets a shot from me.

Wait what? No idea what you are talking about or how you think you can make this claim but does it actually matter? If you don't play Legion then please go away. 7.2 was an amazing patch so far, and its not even truly started yet. The class specific stuff just began last week and the raid is still months away.

Either way, if less people are playing Legion its because they are casuals and the game requires too much effort for them, ironically enough.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Exigent View Post
    They could dial down the RNG a few notches, for sure.. the game isn't perfect and I'm certainly not arguing to the contrary. However, the game is a lot of fun for me right now, especially with the M+ system That said, if I was solely into PvP, I'd probably have uninstalled by now.
    Yup I think we are in agreement there. The game is fun for me, M+ is great. If I was a PvPer I'd prolly be pretty pissed and not playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Yeah, was so dissappointed. They deserve that subs loss for doing such a thing.
    Wasn't one key complaint about Legion is that it's too alt-unfriendly. I'm sure if they frontloaded everyone with hours of content, the altoholics will be throwing their collective toys out of their prams.
    Case and point. Staggered content or not. Blizzard will never satisfy everyone. NEVER!

I'd be surprised if there was more than a million players on NA realms at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Warcraftrealms was correct all the time during MoP and WoD. It cannot give you exact numbers but the trends were always spot on.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea great idea gating a patch for 2-3 months.

How can it be a big patch when 3/4 of the content is not even here at release?
    you...DO know that trends are basically useless without numbers for context right?

Right????

no, i guess you dont. welp, keep in your own delusions then
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

I didn't know you spoke for "most" players. You DO know "most" players don't speak in forums and just play the game right? As far as we know WoW is STILL the most played MMO and until some other game dethrones it I don't really care. You can't please everyone and the game is 12 years old.

Also, if the competitors were benefitting so greatly from WoW stumbling where is the next big MMO? FFXIV wasn't it. GW2 wasn't it. Star Wars wasn't it and so on. Maybe Star Citizen or Crowfall or whateverthefuck coming out next will be it.
    Most players to pay for a sub though.
    Used to be 12+ million, way less now.

Thats all you need to know really.

And now, I speek for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    I'm curious, why is monk the least played class? I thought they were pretty cool
    Most considered the gameplay kind of clunky. I don't feel like blizzard has fully captured the class fantasy yet with monks. They need more kung fu.

I have sources tell me there are less than 50,000 players WORLDWIDE in WoW. Blizzard is DYING.

They need Hearthstone and OW to be HUGE or Activision will dissolve them.

I dont even understand why this image is relevant but it seems quite fucked one way or another.

What is the y axis even supposed to be? It says "Active Players" with no metric and the numbers are just 0 to 100. That is HORRIBLE graphing and seems to denote that only 100 players are playing?
    Is it meant to be PERCENT? How would it even know how many players there are if so? Is it meant to be HUNDRED THOUSANDS? Either way, there is a definite increase from December to April.

Then we look at the x axis. Looks like WoD had some strange things going on between July 2016 and July 2016. Yes, there are TWO JULYS. The last week of that first july has ZERO DEATH KNIGHTS playing... I believe that. Even funnier is that other classes changed from the first july to the second.

Then my eyes wandered to the top of the chart. It shows the averages from within prime time (6 to 11 PM realm) only. That is such a silly thing to base a statement like this off. Do you know who normally plays during prime time? Raiding guilds. Do you know what 7.2's biggest addition is that isn't even out yet? A RAID.
    Why is this even collecting data if it can't show the entire day's population on average? I know dozens of people who can only play during the day especially on weekends.

This image is pretty much useless to me though. Its so poorly graphed that its hard to think its anything other than an April Fools joke. The subtitle of the graph is literally a lie. "Weekly Player Activity Graph Past 6 Months"

It shows 14 months, two of which are the same July.

If this is what it takes to convince you of something, please go outside.
    Last edited by Hey There Guys its Metro; 2017-04-18 at 02:52 PM.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Granador View Post
    All I see ppl that are crying about LEGION are the one who does not like ILVL SCALING and the PATHFINDER ACHIVES , You People are lazy one , you want flying , you want to 1 shot everything you are just pathetic , I hope WoW will drop to 500k SUBS so noobs like you can be gone and I can enjoy the game even more .
    Wtf are you on about.

People "crying" about Legion are pissed because of a lot more than w/e the hell you said.

- Artifact Power Grind is boring and stupid.
    - RNG is stupid
    - Titanforge is stupid
    - Content is shit (7.2 LOL)
    - Gating of Content
    - Legendary system is idiotic
    - WQs are boring as hell
    - Higher Raid tiers feel irrelevant when you can get better gear in the tier below with RNG
    - Not Alt friendly
    - Boring Flying Grind
    - Class balance is shit
    - PvP is in worst state its ever been.

Legion is just a big heap of shit when you look at it. It's going down as one of the shitter xpacs in WoW IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post

Either way, if less people are playing Legion its because they are casuals and the game requires too much effort for them, ironically enough.
    I don't think it is really about effort. It is just boring. Legion is all stick and very little carrot. 7.2 gives you a 20 min quest every week and then you can endlessly grind AP or Rep. If i never just came back after months i doubt i would have lasted a week.Still have a good whack of stuff to do that i missed and with flying i can level some some alts now. 7.2 is pretty wank.

7+ Year Old Account
    I dont even understand why this image is relevant but it seems quite fucked one way or another.

What is the y axis even supposed to be? It says "Active Players" with no metric and the numbers are just 0 to 100. That is HORRIBLE graphing and seems to denote that only 100 players are playing?
    Is it meant to be PERCENT? How would it even know how many players there are if so? Is it meant to be HUNDRED THOUSANDS? Either way, there is a definite increase from December to April.

Then we look at the x axis. Looks like WoD had some strange things going on between July 2016 and July 2016. Yes, there are TWO JULYS. The last week of that first july has ZERO DEATH KNIGHTS playing... I believe that. Even funnier is that other classes changed from the first july to the second.

Then my eyes wandered to the top of the chart. It shows the averages from within prime time (6 to 11 PM realm) only. That is such a silly thing to base a statement like this off. Do you know who normally plays during prime time? Raiding guilds. Do you know what 7.2's biggest addition is that isn't even out yet? A RAID.
    Why is this even collecting data if it can't show the entire day's population on average? I know dozens of people who can only play during the day especially on weekends.

This image is pretty much useless to me though. Its so poorly graphed that its hard to think its anything other than an April Fools joke. The subtitle of the graph is literally a lie. "Weekly Player Activity Graph Past 6 Months"

It also only tracks people who are running a certain addon, which is an extreme minority to begin with. It's not in any way accurate.

Deleted

Those graphs are so bad that they perfectly showed sub increases and decreases............LUL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    It also only tracks people who are running a certain addon, which is an extreme minority to begin with. It's not in any way accurate.
    It tracks a lot of players activities. That is more than enough for 4 million players in the west. Statistics are hard eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    did you even try to read my other reply? no, right?
    there are many other games in the market whos survived for years with an ever-increasing population, to name a few: dota, league of legends, counter strike.
    some of these games are older than wow but have not only survived, but also evolved, called more players and became the big hits of today's gaming. your excuse to wow being shit and having people quit doesnt work. wow is shit because the devs are shit and keep pushing their customers away.
    dota doesnt have much of a population anymore, not more than dota 2 wish is far newer, and it peaked a year ago and has lost subs ever since then, 1,291,328 march 2016 to 923,911 today. counter strike has lost over half its player base since 2012, 53,967 july 2012 down to 25,525 today. LoL is the only one thats increased, it also happens to be a free game that can be played on any computer and is quick matches, so a player can log in to play 1 match a day for 30 min and it still counts toward their active players. not comparable to a MMO. matter of fact, none of the games you listed are comparable to a MMO. so i dodnt know where you got this "survived for years with an ever-increasing population" from
    Last edited by Phaty; 2017-04-18 at 03:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently my guild has only two rogues in. Interestingly enough just from my characters in the guild there's 4. I wonder if this site is accurate. There's truly no way to know for sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by loktark View Post
    Apparently my guild has only two rogues in. Interestingly enough just from my characters in the guild there's 4. I wonder if this site is accurate. There's truly no way to know for sure.
    It doesn't have to track every single player to show activity omg.

1001 people are enough to represent 83 million Germans.

They are tracking tens of thousands of players for 4 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    The addon does a /who periodically, and records all characters online at the "moment", but usually it takes a good 15-20 minutes to collect all players.
    Yes, /who only results 50 characters, but the addon uses all available paramters of /who to get as accurate as possible. Eg: -race blood elf, -level 110, -class mage, -starts with letter "a" and so on.

It creates a database where you can see all the characters with names if you want.
    The output for the first run is usually: found 3650 characters, 3650 new added, but if you let it run for a week, you get 1-10 new characters per run.

It is ABSOLUTELY accurate. Of course one person cannot gather 100% data from a server/faction in a day, but multiple persons running it constantly for MONTHS will get you a close to 100% data of active players.