Poll: Should rares be harder or easier?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    As a Druid, none of them (on Broken Shore) ARE soloable.
    If you mean moonkin then try with Prydaz and the regrowth boots. They make most of them pretty easy and all of them doable with care. But otherwise yeah you do need to wait for someone else to come and tank them for you - boring. Also I recently learned about the power of Thornstalk Barbs from the Dreamgrove garden (because of the feral challenge exploit) using one of these is great if you do get in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Nothing with a rare-tag should be soloable, when it's current content...
    Yeah, and the instant Blizzard made things 2% harder .. WHAMMO, the whole community shot them down.

Anyway - as to your comment, rare should be soloable, elite should not.

But then you have to ask - how do you make a rare non soloable by a DK tank, yet doable by 5 clothie DPS ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Loved the rare mobs in MoP, disappointed they never created more like them. Yes, they should be much more difficult, with much more dangerous abilities (not just increased health or auto attack damage).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Yeah, and the instant Blizzard made things 2% harder .. WHAMMO, the whole community shot them down.

Anyway - as to your comment, rare should be soloable, elite should not.

But then you have to ask - how do you make a rare non soloable by a DK tank, yet doable by 5 clothie DPS ?
    Luckily, I'm not in charge of balancing, but the introduction of self-healing for tanks and DPS, was when balancing started to slide..

I know that Mineole and Raegwyn are in a league of their own, but when they (cannot remember which of the two) prove that it's possible to solo a world boss (Kazzak) which is current content, it should have meant immediate layoffs in the balancing department at BlizzHQ..
    A boss meant for 40+ people is a disgrace to see being soloed.

A good place to start, would be to remove ALL healing (including abilities like Blood Strike, Victory Rush etc) from non-healing classes (leave a small heal on healing-classes in dps/tank spec), make First Aid worthwhile again and last but not least nerf tank damage by 50-75%..
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2017-04-19 at 06:45 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    I don't mind them being harder. Just not like those Timeless Isle pains in the butt that had massive attacks you had to constantly dodge. That got old real quick .
    I think it's ok for some of the rares to have that. You don't have to avoid anything currently because none of their attacks are dangerous.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Deleted
    When were you not able to solo a rare ?

As far as I remember I've always soloed rares. Took time and little skill, but easily doable, in every xpac...
    They are common rares. Not bosses

Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    Exactly. The new "rares" are quite silly.
    So you'd prefer how they did rares in classic and BC, with spawn timers ranging from 6 hours to days? They're rares in that they're not always up or always respawning, like felguard model #6666. If you want time-lost proto drake style rares, that's your personal taste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie De Palma View Post
    No. Rares should be actually rare. They haven't been since the end of MoP when they introduced Timeless Isle. The new "rares" that are always up are just glorified named mobs that are there to keep you busy.
    Camping a spot in the world for a specific thing to spawn is really not very fun. I for one am glad that they have toned down this approach. The sheer amount of stuff you had to sit in an empty area and camp for in Mists was one of the few really negative things about that expansion.

People complain about "RNG stacked on RNG" now but in Mists I remember camping places hoping something would spawn before I had to go to bed then if it even did spawn I had to hope that the 10% or less droprate item would even be there when I killed it.

At very least, if something is going to be a rare spawn it should have guaranteed drop on the thing you're hunting it for.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixLite View Post
    When were you not able to solo a rare ?
    Since some people didn't play tanky style DPS classes .... and since I think the OP is referring to elite, not rare...

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    and since I think the OP is referring to elite, not rare...
    I think that's the more important distinction. Simply being Rare doesn't mean it's more difficult, it means that it's, well, more rare than standard enemies.

A rare shouldn't respawn 45 seconds after it is killed. A rare doesn't have 4 dead versions of itself laying there when it respawns. They should call/label these things something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    A rare shouldn't respawn 45 seconds after it is killed. A rare doesn't have 4 dead versions of itself laying there when it respawns. They should call/label these things something else.
    Maybe Pinatas?

Quote Originally Posted by j0ust View Post
    Maybe Pinatas?
    Instead of silver dragon around their thingy, change to a festive colored theme and sub out with this guy:

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Nothing with a rare-tag should be soloable, when it's current content...
    I 100% agree with this.

Also, they should take way longer to respawn and should be difficult... Otherwise, it defeats the purpose of them being rare.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Tricky issue.

I think that they are fine as they are, in terms of rarity and power. Just that they should be renamed something other than "rare".
    I know it's a throwback at the Olde Days when you'd find a random named enemy and it was a nearly guaranteed loot from it, but I don't think it fits the current situation.