Don't buy this game. It's a mess. It doesn't support dynamic IPs, an (probably) only MMO in the market than does that.

A minor problem is the installer, which requires you to download 70 GB of data just to get to the character creation screen. This data include such invaluable resource as 16 GB of German and French voiceovers, a 200 MB opening cinematics in Japanese, and 1.6 MB MacOSX client.

After installation, the launcher downloads a ten or so ZIP files for each folder, which it then use to patch files inside, several times over.

That's so stupid given most RPGs allow for dynamic download, streaming, and patch files straight to the actual version for fastest start and minimum patching time.

The technical support is utterly unqualified, not reading the issues, copypasting unrelated texts. Also it takes 3-4 days to respond.

It is not a quality of support and programming one can expect from a $40 'AAA' product.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Don't buy this game. It's a mess. It doesn't support dynamic IPs, an (probably) only MMO in the market than does that.

A minor problem is the installer, which requires you to download 70 GB of data just to get to the character creation screen. This data include such invaluable resource as 16 GB of German and French voiceovers, a 200 MB opening cinematics in Japanese, and 1.6 MB MacOSX client.

After installation, the launcher downloads a ten or so ZIP files for each folder, which it then use to patch files inside, several times over.

That's so stupid given most RPGs allow for dynamic download, streaming, and patch files straight to the actual version for fastest start and minimum patching time.

The technical support is utterly unqualified, not reading the issues, copypasting unrelated texts. Also it takes 3-4 days to respond.

It is not a quality of support and programming one can expect from a $40 'AAA' product.
    So there are no actual issues within the game itself? Hardly a reason not to buy it because some of the 70GB is worthless when 70GB these days is nothing with how big HDDs have gotten.

However I agree support is meh. And to be fair FF14's is even worse. Half the time with FF14 they just copy paste the same shit into tickets even after asking you to open another. I've seen way worse support than ESO from a few MMOs I've played.

As for Dynamic IPs well I have one and I'm not seeing any issues so far. I mean if you are going to tell people not to buy the game over minor issues that just seems silly. Game wise it's a decent MMORPG. Being able to level how you want, crafting is decent if you know what you are doing, graphics are pretty and story is pretty interesting to say the least.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-04-16 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So there are no actual issues within the game itself?
    I have an actual issue with the game: it is a 70 GB piece of junk which doesn't work.
    As for Dynamic IPs well I have one and I'm not seeing any issues so far.
    If you 'have no issues' with it you don't have a dynamic IP internet connection. To expect anyone pay more for a VPN or a static IP address to play an MMO is unreasonable.
    not to buy the game over minor issues
    Not being able to play is not a minor issue.

What is worse, the game is deceptive: the user can buy a game, login and create a character, the error message has no indication of the game design defect, giving an illusion it is some temporary issue the support can solve, and tech support can easily keep the customer in limbo for 5 days straight, until he or she won't be able to refund it anymore.
    Last edited by Tackhisis; 2017-04-16 at 08:53 PM.

I have an actual issue with the game: it is a 70 GB piece of junk which doesn't work.
    If you 'have no issues' with it you don't have a dynamic IP internet connection.
    Not being able to play is not a minor issue.

What is worse, the game is deceptive: the user can buy a game, login and create a character, the error message has no indication of the game design defect, giving an illusion it is some temporary issue the support can solve, and tech support can easily keep the customer in limbo for 5 days straight, until he or she won't be able to refund it anymore.
    I am on BT Infinity and it's a Dynamic IP. It works absolutely fine lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Just as with FFXIV, don't buy it from steam. Just buy the normal copy from their site as it's gonna save you from a crazy headache.
    I know from a friend's own experience that patching and installation is kinda aids on Steam.

I am on BT Infinity
    So you have ADSL (a tunnel). You don't have a dynamic IP internet connection.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    I know from a friend's own experience that patching and installation is kinda aids on Steam.
    Steam just loads an image of the game, as if you've downloaded it from torrent. Then it just starts the launcher which handles verification and patching (It uses exactly same patcher system as SW:ToR).

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    Just as with FFXIV, don't buy it from steam. Just buy the normal copy from their site as it's gonna save you from a crazy headache.
    Why? I've bought both games from Steam and had no issues. I'm genuinely curious to learn of some of the Steam users issues for both games. Only one I know of for FF14 is that it locks you to Steam which I don't see an issue with.

- - - Updated - - -

So you have ADSL (a tunnel). You don't have a dynamic IP internet connection.

- - - Updated - - -

Steam just loads an image of the game, as if you've downloaded it from torrent. Then it just starts the launcher which handles verification and patching (It uses exactly same patcher system as SW:ToR).
    Funny because BT told me unless I run their business package then my IP is Dynamic. But sure I'll believe you over the company providing my internet.

Funny because BT told me unless I run their business package then my IP is Dynamic.
    You have ADSL. It doesn't matter what kind IP address you have, because you are connected via a tunnel.

Looks like closed beta for morrowind is starting.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Saafiaxo View Post
    N......No?
    Screw the crazy people honestly.

Right, I've played TESO on and off for awhile, mostly during WoD, because of the fact that WoD was empty. TESO is a great game honestly, in certain ways, it's better than the other ESO games, such as Oblivion and Skyrim in my honest opinion, mostly the combat, since you have actual skills instead of hack 'n slash mouse click and the occassional spell/shout. The story is also better, at least if you play as Ebonheart.

Granted, I played TESO exactly like I played ESO, meaning I treated it as a singleplayer game, and that was very enjoyable. I only regret making a Dragonknight though, and I stopped playing a bit after reaching max level and finishing the main story, after which you are told to go complete the other two factions story areas, which I found a bit dull, I did buy the Orsinium expansion, which again was quite fun, only a bit short.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Daggerfall has the best story hands down. It's game of thrones all over

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the help It's a nice change to see people being helpful haha
    You also made the mistake of talking in general chat during a free trial period. I've been subscribed to the game for a while, and have disabled gen chat for the time being till the free period is over. I imagine many others have done the same so you won't receive good feedback from there.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    So you're saying it's trash then?
    BAD WOLF

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    Only complaint I had about the Daggerfall story, was that the orcs got no story whatsoever, minus that general in zone... 2? Though, Orsinium made up for that, only a shame that the story of that expansion, was so obvious, and that you couldn't back the king and force Trinimack upon the orcs instead of Malacath.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha thanks for the insight I made one of each class and I enjoyed them all but the one that called to me most was the Templar. The spears and shit were so damn cool. Think I might wait until next time it's on sale and then snag it.
    Yeah, I wish I'd made a Templar instead hah. O well! Or a sorcerer in plate armor, but nope, had to make the odd dragon knight.

What a fun experience. Thought about buying this game but was turned off pretty fast.

I wasn't sure about buying the game, so I joined a discussion in /zone that was talking about the game, and I asked "Hey, what would you say makes this game stand out compared to other MMOs like Guild wars and Rift?" I get this one guy yelling at me telling me they arent google and to do my own research, and that the game is only 10 dollars so I should just buy it and shut up. Then he goes on to answer other peoples questions while continuously poking fun at me by making snide comments about my previous question for no reason. Why do people feel the need to act this way?

Oh, and then, after a lot of insults directed at me, then whispers me, telling me I have autism before he puts me on ignore. Why? Definitely not the best first impression on the game. Up until then I was having a pretty fun time, I mean the graphics are pretty out dated, characters look quite horrid but customization is great.

Did I encounter a bad fruit? Or are people in this community just as bad as this guy?
    I play on xbox and have yet to see an asshole in chat. Could be because its alot harder to chat on consoles tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    What a fun experience. Thought about buying this game but was turned off pretty fast.

I wasn't sure about buying the game, so I joined a discussion in /zone that was talking about the game, and I asked "Hey, what would you say makes this game stand out compared to other MMOs like Guild wars and Rift?" I get this one guy yelling at me telling me they arent google and to do my own research, and that the game is only 10 dollars so I should just buy it and shut up. Then he goes on to answer other peoples questions while continuously poking fun at me by making snide comments about my previous question for no reason. Why do people feel the need to act this way?

Oh, and then, after a lot of insults directed at me, then whispers me, telling me I have autism before he puts me on ignore. Why? Definitely not the best first impression on the game. Up until then I was having a pretty fun time, I mean the graphics are pretty out dated, characters look quite horrid but customization is great.

Did I encounter a bad fruit? Or are people in this community just as bad as this guy?
    Don't form an opinion of the game based on one bloke. Every MMO has assholes in it, just an inescapable fact of life. Report him and move on.

As for what makes this game stand out... it's gotta be that it puts the RPG back into MMORPG, taking a lot of inspiration from the main elder scrolls series.

Oh and one quick tip about chat, if you reference Elder Scrolls memes or lore you can start some fun conversations.

yeah, I would chalk it up to influx of people trying the game out. I've seen occasional douchebaggery in general chat, but for the most part, community is very decent.

what makes the game stand out for me? absolute freedom. I'm quite literally free to go where I wish, do what I wish, play my character as I wish. at least solo. and stealing :P I am absolutely addicted to stealing in this game, I don't know it just... works for me. Lore is great, I love questing, since even side quests are basicaly mini stories. as far as faction stories, I'm still partial to Altmeri dominion even if I absolutely cannot stand High elves, but honestly? all 3 factions are enjoyable in their own way. and main story (Harborage stuff) is pretty darn awesome especially the final mission, makes you feel genuinely epic.

P.S. of all the TES games, this one has the best looking character models. TES games otherwise have potato people without mods :/

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    yeah, I would chalk it up to influx of people trying the game out. I've seen occasional douchebaggery in general chat, but for the most part, community is very decent.

what makes the game stand out for me? absolute freedom. I'm quite literally free to go where I wish, do what I wish, play my character as I wish. at least solo. and stealing :P I am absolutely addicted to stealing in this game, I don't know it just... works for me. Lore is great, I love questing, since even side quests are basicaly mini stories. as far as faction stories, I'm still partial to Altmeri dominion even if I absolutely cannot stand High elves, but honestly? all 3 factions are enjoyable in their own way. and main story (Harborage stuff) is pretty darn awesome especially the final mission, makes you feel genuinely epic.

P.S. of all the TES games, this one has the best looking character models. TES games otherwise have potato people without mods :/
    Hm, this I disagree with honestly, but c'est la vie. Shame they removed the option to grow almost-horns as an Orc, but the antlers on Wood Elves are pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Hm, this I disagree with honestly, but c'est la vie. Shame they removed the option to grow almost-horns as an Orc, but the antlers on Wood Elves are pretty cool.
    I guess its a matter of preference, but I have the WORST time making good looking characters in other TES games, unless I mod heavily (and I don't even mean those mods for "perfect" characters, just the one that don't look like plastic melted over some rocks.). in ESO? I love the way all my characters look.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    N......No?
    in my experience in TESO so far, with about 200hrs under my belt, I've had like 1 asshole. nearly everyone else has either been a deaf mute in interaction or has been friendly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I guess its a matter of preference, but I have the WORST time making good looking characters in other TES games, unless I mod heavily (and I don't even mean those mods for "perfect" characters, just the one that don't look like plastic melted over some rocks.). in ESO? I love the way all my characters look.
    I found TESO to have much less customization than Skyrim. My Skyrim character with Vanilla Skyrim looks fairly good as well.