Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Looking for some kind of solid advice on Kruul

906 ilvl, running Luffa + Ekowraith, Balance affinity, food, flask, rune, tried several different trinket combinations now and am consistently getting the Inquisitor to around 20% and overrun with adds. I've had better luck with GG than Incarnation. Watched the videos, doesn't look like they're doing anything different than I am so I guess my question is, am I hitting a gear wall or perhaps an artifact trait one? I have Pawsitive Outlook and the full points in Jagged Claws but am only at 43 pts in my weapon total. For those who have done this successfully, what trinket combo were you using? I don't have a Draught, but I have quite a collection to choose from so hoping maybe that's a spot that might help. My best attempts were using a 905 Talisman of the Cragshaper and 890 Fury of the Burning Sky. Been at least 60 attempts so far...

Thanks in advance for any constructive feedback.

For trinkets i used a 910 statstick with crit and 890 tich leach trinket.

I dont think you need to play GG with the recent nerf to eyes aswell as incarn being very nice to have so you can shorten the kruul phase abit.
    I opened with incarn and used the artifact ability for the last 10s of the incarn on pull, that way its up for the first pink adds. I also ignored eyes til incarn was down and then proceeded to try and catch up on eyes after that. Keep on top with the eyes and remember to refresh moonfire on them after you take an orb as that clears moonfire.

For p2 i'd suggest just staying on the move when he hasnt casted Netherstomp in some time as that killed me more than annihilates.

I found Bear Tartare (sprint food) to be very useful for the fight, it helped me alot with consistency for getting p2 tries instead of dying to dumb shit in p1.

For some reason Inky Black potion makes the floor brighter and easier to see things.

My fight was over in 4:56 with me having 3 annihilate stacks at the end, try and stop as many annihilates as possible to delay as much as you can.

I do have the leech trinket so I could try that and I like your idea about using sprint food. I'm so used to running feral affinity + ekowraith that I feel very slow using balance affinity on this though I know it is helping with the range issue. I will go ahead and try incarnation again as well. Thank you for your advice!

For trinkets I used a stat stick and gift of radiance from HoV - the ranged stun is extremely helpful both in p1 and p2. Pre-pot with old war and use incarnation+RotS at start and just go ham for those 30 seconds. Incarn is up for first set of adds, so you dont need to hold on RotS, they will just die no problem with thrash spam. Beyond this, if you have issues with eyes at all, 1 mf on each was usually enough for me to kill em off. In phase 2, pot with prolong for extra hp, pop incarn when its back up along with drums and just move. Be careful not to get a stomp on Velen and interupt the heal cast. Incap roar and the ranged trinket stun are very useful tools with dealing with this encounter. As an extra note, I didn't need to use SI on any annihilates as I made sure my hp was close to full and had at least 2 stacks of iron fur up.

The only reason I saved RotS for 20s in the start is so i get more out of the leach portion of the cd by hitting the pink adds with RotS + incarn, allowing me to minimize the amount of orbs i take in p1. I don't feel like the 20s delay came back to bite me later in the encounter and I ended up using it on Cd from that point as either adds were comming and i used it to skip taking an orb, last 10s of my second incarn and after that the boss was pretty much dead.

So i got it yesterday in about 12-15 attempts 4th time i saw kruul(after serveral sub 3% wipes). 44pts in artifact(45now). I ran blood frenzy, wild charge, balance affin, typhoon, incarn, guardian of elune and rend and tear. Legendaries were bracers and legs trinkets were 885 memento and 880 fang of tich. I was around 908/909 ilvl. I blew incarn at pull and stood outside circle saved artifact for first group of adds. I made sure to alwasy moonfire the eyes as they spawn(this helps a lot can use 2 if you have nothing else up). Don't let thrash fall of inquisitor, and keep mark of ursol up at all times. I found that just moving in a constant circle around the boss to kite worked really well for me, and was prolly the difference in my good pulls vs crap ones. Wild charge is one of your best friends use it to keep yourself alive, tab charge etc if you get knocked back, you can also go up close to the inferals to force the knock back and move out of it. I didn't really worry bout interrupting the adds with the orbs when i used it and just used my aoe disorient if they started channeling was up for all groups. I don't remember if i had 2 or 3 infernals up when i pushed into kruul. I know i had several pulls where i still had 30-40 sec left on my incarn cd (i went the all out dps game plan all thrash relics pawistive etc 7 pts total in thrash). I lined up my second prlonged power, lust, incarn, and artifact on kruul. I tried to keep mark up at all times on kruul, used incarn for first annihilate with other stuff up. I think i only used iron fur on second then cds after that. You can interrupt smash with you disorient, basically just use your tools and orbs to survive. Kite kruul around room and try to plan ahead for orbs like if adds are coming or your gonna take a smash. Don't miss interrupts. become HARAMBEAR

i used verse food, agi flask, rune. Kinda scatter brained i'll try and clean this up later in raid currently
    Last edited by endlol; 2017-04-17 at 03:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi guys, great and solid advice. I'll be sure to give the sprint foodbuff a try next time Mage Tower is up.

I have a bit of a question as well. I'm a filthy casual that barely has time to put into Mythic+and any sort of serious riding. I've gone through NH and gotten my NM 4 piece along with a few other items and am at around 890 ilvl, just got Pawsitive specced in as well.

I've gotten Variss to around 10-30% a few times but need to polish my add management; is it even possible to beat the DPS check on P2 with my current gear? I'll keep polishing P1 for as long as it takes, I'm just wondering if I'm trying to achieve the impossible here, anyone had success sub 900 ilvl?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Hi guys, great and solid advice. I'll be sure to give the sprint foodbuff a try next time Mage Tower is up.

I have a bit of a question as well. I'm a filthy casual that barely has time to put into Mythic+and any sort of serious riding. I've gone through NH and gotten my NM 4 piece along with a few other items and am at around 890 ilvl, just got Pawsitive specced in as well.

I've gotten Variss to around 10-30% a few times but need to polish my add management; is it even possible to beat the DPS check on P2 with my current gear? I'll keep polishing P1 for as long as it takes, I'm just wondering if I'm trying to achieve the impossible here, anyone had success sub 900 ilvl?
    I completed it at 898 Itemlevel, with 45 Traits, 1 trash relic, and using Prydaz / Dual Determination. I would not recommend going much lower than that, DD gave me an extra annihilate I could survive since my dps is lacking due to low ilvl.
    I found that I needed to just Control P1 very well and try not to get more than 4 infernals into p2. while also having an extremely high uptime on Kruul else I would not have had enough dps and die to annihilation.

You can try using an agility statstick or good agility trinket + dagger/tich trinket if you are having issues dealing with annihilation. You can only get overrun by eyes, which means you fell behind on moonfire them. Infernals will average around 3 or more, purple adds will die before another channel casts (~every 20 seconds) which is around 3-4 thrashes (for me they died in 1-2 thrash, 1 if pawistive procced). Your ilvl and legendaries are fine for the challenge, if you are struggling for p1, keep adds under control at all costs. Keep mfs on eyes, if you have 2+ out at a time, it will start going out of control. Infernals become a dodgeball session when they are all up, make sure you change focus onto them especially when they hit brittle phase (15-20% hp), you can rage of the sleeper or tich trinket to top yourself off when that happens. Purple adds should be thrashed off velen, then incap roar channel, wait for next thrash since they become immune to damage after you cc them, and then cast thrash.
    If you start feeling overwhelmed, personally, I recommend using an orb even if you aren't too low in hp just to "reset" the fight and give you back some control on the fight. It lets you reposition yourself in a safe spot from infernals and start using mf on eyes that need to be killed.

I found that using a focus target macro for interrupts in P1 and a MF+targetlasttarget macro for eyes was extremely helpful. I also have a suite of WA's for the encounter if you would like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Protozoa7 View Post
    I found that using a focus target macro for interrupts in P1 and a MF+targetlasttarget macro for eyes was extremely helpful. I also have a suite of WA's for the encounter if you would like them.
    Wa's would be lovely! I've been meaning to create some myself when I try the encounter (haven't been home much for both uptimes so far...)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    Wa's would be lovely! I've been meaning to create some myself when I try the encounter (haven't been home much for both uptimes so far...)
    I found these on Reddit, haven't tested them myself yet though: https://wago.io/KruulHelper

I'll just chime in and mention (since I think I neglected to do so last time Mage Tower was up) I used Bear Tartare when I completed the challenge, as well, since kiting ends up being a likely tactic (especially if you're damage is lower). If you get knocked around by eyes or infernals, sometimes that extra speed can come in handy to attain better position.

While Balance affinity is typically just mentioned as being useful for P1 due to the aura, it's actually very useful in P2 (and Bear Tartare, as well, since it'll proc off all the adds dying). I kept Kruul at max range as often as possible, because there is travel time for when he leaps. At max range, I typically took one tick of fire damage from the pool or just outright dodged it completely. If you wipe enough to Kruul, you'll get a sense of the timing of abilities and when you can risk face-tanking him to pump out some damage... but typically after a leap is fairly safe. While it's ideal to keep as many of Velen's healing items up as possible, it's better to overuse them than wipe because you were trying to save them up. I aimed for using them when Kruul was casting Annihilate, as it allowed more time to get rage for Ironfur as well as topping myself off before he recast Annihilate. Your health may drop after Annihilate, but typically there was never any danger of taking extra damage immediately afterwards as long as I kept at max melee range (plus CD's used for Annihilate would likely still be up if he leaps immediately afterwards). Worked for me, may or may not work for others.

Someone mentioned gear level, and I'd say it highly depends upon the legendaries and relics you're using (I used legendary bracers/legs, 3 Thrash relics, as well as Tich leech trinket and shock baton). If you lack damage, you're going to need to make sure you can potentially survive a 5th Annihilate. If you're above ilvl 900 with full Thrash relics and Thrash bracers, I think it's very easy to complete. Obviously can be done with less, but you'll have to survive more mechanics being thrown about in both P1 and P2. From what I've noticed on my alts, the tanking encounter still bugs out quite often... especially transitioning to P2 with all the NPC's despawning but also some various other bugs in P1. So getting out of P1 and finishing P2 ASAP allows less room for bugs to occur!

If I remember (WoW is down for maintenance), I can post the WA's I used. While there was visual components, I honestly never looked at them since I added sounds to notify me of infernal smashes, Kruul's Annihilate, and his heal cast... I react faster to audible cues than visual ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Protozoa7 View Post
    Macro from Druid discord. It will cast on an eye if one is up, otherwise it will cast on your target. Makes it so you never have to target eyes. Might not be as useful if start getting overrun by eyes nad have multiple.
    /tar Tormenting Eye
    /cast [nodead] Moonfire
    /stopmacro [nodead]
    /targetlasttarget
    /cast moonfire

Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    Would be happy to just send me a PM on here and when I get back to my desktop I will get them for you.

Okay I am at a loss. Since the nerfs I've actually been getting to Kruul but I can't seem to kill him. My best attempt was only getting him down to 10%. Switched the Talisman of the Cragshaper out for the Leech trinket off Tich and replaced Fury with a 900 Horn of Valor. Even tried using Drums on Kruul a couple times. Problems I seem to be having are that my dps cd's are not coming up in time to be usable on Kruul (I use them as I'm pulling Inquisitor) and I'm getting obliterated by Annihilate when I run out of defensives. I'm moving a LOT during Kruul to try and avoid getting caught in that green crap. Really not sure what else to do here other than maybe not using dps cd's on Inquisitor?

Deleted
    you can delay the annihilates by a few seconds if you use an orb while he is casting. Not sure how the timings are now with the additional nerfs, I would probably just not use incarn on inquisitor, because it will most likely push p1 way too fast.

Has anyone beaten this without luffa's?

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    Okay I am at a loss. Since the nerfs I've actually been getting to Kruul but I can't seem to kill him. My best attempt was only getting him down to 10%. Switched the Talisman of the Cragshaper out for the Leech trinket off Tich and replaced Fury with a 900 Horn of Valor. Even tried using Drums on Kruul a couple times. Problems I seem to be having are that my dps cd's are not coming up in time to be usable on Kruul (I use them as I'm pulling Inquisitor) and I'm getting obliterated by Annihilate when I run out of defensives. I'm moving a LOT during Kruul to try and avoid getting caught in that green crap. Really not sure what else to do here other than maybe not using dps cd's on Inquisitor?
    Guildie gave me a good tip for Inquisitor to pull inquisitor onto Velen. Then, Velen will melee him to speed it up and haven't been needing to use dps cooldowns on Inquisitor. Haven't had Velen die in P1 so health debuff doesn't seem to matter as long as I hit adds.

I am 906 ilvl equipped and got it down without to much trouble. I was using Luffas and Ekowraith. I have full thrash relics as well, so my dps is higher than most, which makes it a ton easier. Talents I used where 3/1/1/1/2/2/1. Having Mighty bash makes both P1 and P2 a lot easier in my opinion. When you go in to interupt the inquisitor, use bash on him right away, and you get 5 seconds of no casts on you while waiting for the debuff to run out. I also only took 2 Annihilate in p2 because of the stun. When he went to cast the third Annihilate, I stunned him with mighty bash, then warstomp, then chained 2 orbs together to keep him from casting it still. Was able to kill him during the second orbs confusion. The trinkets I used was a 890 tich leech trinket and a 885 Momento of Angerboda.

Flow of the fight

Buffs: Agi flask, versatility food, rune
    prepot: potion of prolonged power

P1
    Use prepot, hit boss with moonfire to get the aoe to show up. Stand at edge of aoe and spam thrash / swipe as much as you can. Keep moonfire up at all times. I used barkskin just before his first cast ends since I had no rage to get Mark of Ursol up at that point. Whenever a Eye spawns, moonfire it and focus the boss again. Be sure to interrupt the boss whenever he cast life drain. I would typically grab a orb whenever I was below 1.5m health. Whenever the infernals got low and took extra damage, I would pop the tich leech trinket if it was off cd and I was missing more than 10% health.

P2
    As soon as the boss came down, I would lust, use a prolonged power potion, and pop incarnation. I tried to maintain max distance from the boss to help avoid the damage from the leap, and if I had to interrupt the boss, I would use stampeding roar afterwards to get back to max distance quickly. I had a few attempts that he would jump on me almost right after the interrupt, and I would take a ton of damage. After incarnation dropped, I used RotS and the tich trinket to heal as much health as possible. I made it through 2 annihilates before I needed to use a orb, I had 3 up at this time. I used one after the second annihilate and dps'd boss as much as possible while confused before running again. As soon as the third annihilate started to cast, i stunned the boss with mighty bash, then warstomp. Then chain stunned him with 2 orbs killing him during this cc chain.