Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    I'm a little surprised. I thought subs were super cramped and could only fit the essentials, wouldn't think they could just put in more walls, doors and hygiene areas.

On the other hand women physically take up less room, so maybe it evens out.
    The 688 and 688i class fast attack submarines are very cramped. The Virgina Class subs are slightly more spacious and the Ohio Class GN/BN subs are very spacious. When I was on the USS Georgia/Florida I had a whole rack to myself with another one next to me to store all my essentials in. I've ridden on the latter 2 with female officers and from what I could tell they fit in just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Him having a low opinion of women is not "apparent" to anyone aside from those who implant that opinion upon him themselves. Note how his post has no relation to any opinion on women whatsoever.
    It's just in a thread specifically discussing changes being made to submarines to accommodate female crew members.

Obviously it has nothing to do with women.

Are you being serious here?

Deleted
    Oh look its the right again being afraid of feminism.

You know, i actually love my wife. I respect her. This includes her needs.

Right people pretend to be conservatives. Conservatism includes valuiing your partner and your family over everything else.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-04-20 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's just in a thread specifically discussing changes being made to submarines to accommodate female crew members.

There's no smiley faces so probably yes he is serious.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I am for equality. Aside from the bathroom and bunk adaptations they should be able to meet the same physical standards as the males. They shouldn't need any other modifications.
    If they replace some valves so they are easier to access for generally shorter people, and easier to use - that benefits literally everybody.

The reason they are doing it might be to make submarines more accessible to female Navy members - to ensure they can put the best people underwater - but there isn't a downside to shit being easier to access or valves not being so massive and unwieldy that you can't operate it unless you have the upper body strengths to do 100 pull-ups.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

An opinion on the actions taken to accommodate women is not an opinion on women themselves. There is a missing link in your logical leap.

As well, would you kindly pinpoint to me the section of my post wherein I state, or insinuate, that mayhem008's statement has "nothing to do with women"?
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

It's amazing how, on a internet board, you can always find someone who did his military duty in an demanding and elite service (while the immense majority of male Americans did not do their service, and the vast majority of the ones that did were in the services...)

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    It's amazing how, on a internet board, you can always find someone who did his military duty in an demanding and elite service (while the immense majority of male Americans did not do their service, and the vast majority of the ones that did were in the services...)
    Um what. That statement in parentheses is confusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Wait weren't you for equality in the other thread? Now you're not?
    If equality was the goal then no modifications at all should be made, men and women should be using the same bathrooms at the same time, etc. There shouldn't be seperate sleeping quarters, they should bunk in the same berthing areas as the rest of the crew. The ONLY differentiation that should exist is Enlisted, Chiefs, Officers.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Let's say that, I don't know the exact number, 1 young american out of 5 did a stint in the military (that number is presumably very high)

In Iraq, there was around 3 people in rear base duty for each one to the front (there would be this 1/15 of all Americans doing frontline duty)

However, on the Internet, while there are aplently of people saying that they were mechanic/assorted duty (1), the most agressive people always claim they were jet pilots, marines, or even SEALS.

(1)It goes without saying that being a mechanic, clerk or cook is a needed, useful, and perfectly honorable military task.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madmonkie44 View Post
    The 688 and 688i class fast attack submarines are very cramped. The Virgina Class subs are slightly more spacious and the Ohio Class GN/BN subs are very spacious. When I was on the USS Georgia/Florida I had a whole rack to myself with another one next to me to store all my essentials in. I've ridden on the latter 2 with female officers and from what I could tell they fit in just fine.
    It's hard for me to imagine women serving onboard my old boat (a 37), but if it works on the new boats, it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Wait weren't you for equality in the other thread? Now you're not?
    I'm waiting for women to show us they can do everything the same way as the men do in the military. Every woman related thing makes it easier so they can do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    We won't know if the refit goes too far/not far enough until it sees a few tours. Frankly, I'd be more concerned with fraternization on a submarine, but not enough to want to say this is a problem.
    With women? Submariners, really? You know the saying, 134 submariners go out, 67 couples come back.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read the article, don't see much of a problem with the redesigning.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Let's say that, I don't know the exact number, 1 young american out of 5 did a stint in the military (that number is presumably very high)

In Iraq, there was around 3 people in rear base duty for each one to the front (there would be this 1/15 of all Americans doing frontline duty)

However, on the Internet, while there are aplently of people saying that they were mechanic/assorted duty (1), the most agressive people always claim they were jet pilots, marines, or even SEALS.

(1)It goes without saying that being a mechanic, clerk or cook is a needed, useful, and perfectly honorable military task.
    Well, just because you were a Marine doesn't mean you were a grunt (infantry). Plenty of us POGs out there.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Well atleast the submarine semen/gay jokes will end.

I do understand the point of view though that if they do this and you support it, you both are basically saying women needed it to be made easier for them to be able to do it.

Not saying men couldn't benefit from these changes but the article says they are being made to accommodate women.
    Last edited by ohiostate124; 2017-04-20 at 12:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't see any problem with it thats not superficial.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    You know the saying, 134 submariners go out, 67 couples come back.
    That joke's older than your grandma's buckskin dildo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    That joke's older than your grandma's buckskin dildo.
    Did you serve in Uber For Marines?

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    He doesn't know how to use parenthesis.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano