Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I would love to see pandaren druids, night elf paladins and draenei rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Why all the hate against Tauren paladin? I will never understand that.
    In my opinion, they would be fine, however there some issues that Blizzard didn't really bother to address.

I think some abilities would have been more fitting if they had changed them in terms of style / name, like Hammer of Justice, or stuff like Blessing of Kings.

Second, Paladin sets look horrible on Tauren, all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Why would Night Elf Paladin be on that list lol? They can serve the light of the moon, and Paladins already have two as their followers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Night elf paladins are a real thing now...Delas Moonfang and the very strong implications that Elune is a being of light or has something to do with it.
    Yeah I know, I've seen followers already. But it doesn't make sense for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    So if an Eredar fel wielder decided to abandon the legion and fight for the Alliance would they be their own separate playable race or would the Draenei playable race be renamed to Eredar? You're saying Draenei get along with every other alliance race that has Warlocks but a different rule applies to their own, and as such a fel wielding Eredar could never be accepted into the alliance to fight against the burning legion?

Draenei is not an "ideology" at all. It's a word used by the Naruu to refer to their allied Eredar meaning "Exiled Ones". If a Fel wielding Eredar was to turn his/her back on the legion then they too would be exiled and automatically a Draenei by Naruu definition.
    the fel-using eredar(not man'ari) would likely be accepted in the alliance, but they would not be accepted by draenei society.

Deleted
    Nothing is 100% impossible but what does not fit in my opinion:

Tauren Rogue - Mage - Warlock - Demon hunter
    Human Shaman - Druid
    Orc Paladin
    Gnome Warrior - Paladin - Deathknight - Druid - Demon hunter
    Goblin Warrior - Paladin - Deathknight - Druid - Shaman - Demon hunter
    Dwarf Druid - Demon hunter
    Worgen Shaman
    Draenei Warlock
    Night Elf Mage (10.000 years banned WTF) - Warlock
    Troll Paladin
    Pandaren Warlock - Mage - Deathknight - Demon hunter
    Undead Druid - Shaman

So combos that are not playable and possible are: (in my opinion)

Goblin Monk
    Worgen Monk - Paladin
    Blood Elf Druid
    Orc Priest - Demon hunter
    Undead Paladin
    Draenei Rogue - Demon hunter
    Pandaren Druid
    Human Demon hunter
    Troll Demon hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    Old God holy priest.

They should roll back some of the recent additions to the game, but with that being said, I can't see an issue with Pandaren Druids, Draenei Rogues, or Blood Elf Druids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    not for this you can.
    Blizzard can make any race/class combination work without retconning their lore. It would be easy to do so. So stop blathering on about it like you know something.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Blizzard can make any race/class combination work without retconning their lore. It would be easy to do so. So stop blathering on about it like you know something.
    by very definition of what the light does to undead, they couldn't be a paladin and function. A draenei cannot become a warlock and remain a Draenei. Perhaps you need to look up retcon and maybe then understand how silly what you are saying sounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    by very definition of what the light does to undead...
    Bla bla bla... they can fix that. The light can make a special exception for a particular subset of undead Paladins if they pass trials et cetera et cetera and so on. This stuff isn't hard, Friendly.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Bla bla bla... they can fix that. The light can make a special exception for a particular subset of undead Paladins if they pass trials et cetera et cetera and so on. This stuff isn't hard, Friendly.
    That's not how the light works. That's like saying fire likes someone and therefore they won't burn to death. Even when the light heals to an undead it feels like they are set on fire. So once again, Retcon.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not how the light works.
    That's up to Blizzard. They can make the light change and evolve in any way they see fit to accommodate gameplay... because lore takes a backseat to gameplay at Blizzard. In any case, they wouldn't have to retcon anything to have the light make an exception for some undead, OR just have these particular undead be really tough and able to handle the pain. There's all kinds of ways they could go.

None of them are impossible.

Priest and Paladin power comes from faith. (Read: Capacity for good - which is everybody.) [Ex. Every quest you've ever done.]

Demon Hunter requires having a soul. (Read: Requires hating the Legion - which is everybody.) [Ex. Legion killing everything and everyone.]

Mage, Warlock, and Druid can be learned from books or by mentor. (Read: Requires a memory, brain - which is everybody.)

Death Knight requires being able to die. (Read: Requires being a mortal race - which is everybody.) [Ex. Cult of the Damned]

Warrior, Rogue, Hunter, and Monk can be physically trained or practiced. (Read: Requires a body, weapon - which is everybody.)

Shaman power can be forced. (Read: Power can be taken - which means everybody.) [Ex: Twilight Cult]

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the fel-using eredar(not man'ari) would likely be accepted in the alliance, but they would not be accepted by draenei society.
    According to who?

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    According to who?
    Have you ever actually spoken to a Draenei NPC? Almost everything they say references the Light in some way. Draenei are defined by their hatred of demons and the fel, because, considering Draenei are an extremely long lived race, it's a very personal fight for them. Sargeras turned the Draenei's brothers and sisters against them, took their world from them and Kil'jaeden, a trusted leader of their people, has been hunting them for 10,000 years. You don't just forget that because some guys said "hey sorry about the whole 'trying to murder all of you for the last 10,000 years' thing."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    Have you ever actually spoken to a Draenei NPC? Almost everything they say references the Light in some way. Draenei are defined by their hatred of demons and the fel, because, considering Draenei are an extremely long lived race, it's a very personal fight for them. Sargeras turned the Draenei's brothers and sisters against them, took their world from them and Kil'jaeden, a trusted leader of their people, has been hunting them for 10,000 years. You don't just forget that because some guys said "hey sorry about the whole 'trying to murder all of you for the last 10,000 years' thing."
    Well on the other hand, blizzard did the same thing with Night Elf Mages.
    All of them hated arcane magic for what it could do, Deathwing shows up and all forget there rule of no arcane for 10.000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Nothing is 100% impossible but what does not fit in my opinion:

Tauren Rogue - Mage - Warlock - Demon hunter
    Human Shaman - Druid
    Orc Paladin
    Gnome Warrior - Paladin - Deathknight - Druid - Demon hunter
    Goblin Warrior - Paladin - Deathknight - Druid - Shaman - Demon hunter
    Dwarf Druid - Demon hunter
    Worgen Shaman
    Draenei Warlock
    Night Elf Mage (10.000 years banned WTF) - Warlock
    Troll Paladin
    Pandaren Warlock - Mage - Deathknight - Demon hunter
    Undead Druid - Shaman

So combos that are not playable and possible are: (in my opinion)

Goblin Monk
    Worgen Monk - Paladin
    Blood Elf Druid
    Orc Priest - Demon hunter
    Undead Paladin
    Draenei Rogue - Demon hunter
    Pandaren Druid
    Human Demon hunter
    Troll Demon hunter
    The Highborne were welcomed back into Kaldorei society and began taking students. Not to mention even before then they were close allies to the humans (a race with powerful mages) and the draenei (heavy arcane users).

As for pandaren, they can already be mages, which kind of makes sense considering that they had a historical connection to the Highborne Pre-Sundering.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    The Highborne were welcomed back into Kaldorei society and began taking students. Not to mention even before then they were close allies to the humans (a race with powerful mages) and the draenei (heavy arcane users).

As for pandaren, they can already be mages, which kind of makes sense considering that they had a historical connection to the Highborne Pre-Sundering.
    When according to you were the highborne close to humans ? oO'
    I'm a lore enthusiast and I don't recall humans being on Kalimdor before WC3 and after that humans and night elves have been buddies but not highborne.
    Besides powerful human mages are mostly from Eastern Kingdoms, not much proximity there.
    And close to Drainei, what ?? Dude Drainei crashed on Azeroth at BC, they surely never met any highborne before that

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    When according to you were the highborne close to humans ? oO'
    I'm a lore enthusiast and I don't recall humans being on Kalimdor before WC3 and after that humans and night elves have been buddies but not highborne.
    Besides powerful human mages are mostly from Eastern Kingdoms, not much proximity there.
    And close to Drainei, what ?? Dude Drainei crashed on Azeroth at BC, they surely never met any highborne before that
    *facepalm*

The Kaldorei's closest allies in the Alliance are the humans, worgen and draenei, all prolific arcane users.

I wasn't talking about the Highborne, I was simply saying that even if the Highborne were not accepted back, the night elves would eventually become more tolerant of arcane magic due to its presence in the Alliance.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2017-04-21 at 02:38 PM.

I guess naaru warlocks are uncommon.