Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Medics. Because ... well I am one already. Just not in the army.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly haven't the slightest clue. I'm not a physically active person. And I am a customer service professional.

I have no skills that I can think of that the Military could utilize.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I don't see why anyone should accept getting drafted, when there's draft dodger as president. Kind of sets the bar.
    He was following the law for exemptions with the draft at the time. Do not try to spread a false assumption. A draft dodger is one who refuses to go serve and flees to another country to avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukk View Post
    Believe me, they get creative on how to deal with that. Although I have a hard time believing that you wouldn't meet anybody you respect, there are plenty of hard chargers out there that would make you go "...damn".

OT: probably back to convoy security, or maybe as a doctor if they are nice enough to let me finish school /shrug
    I don't know why you people are so fascinated by this. I'm not posturing like I'm some tough guy that's going to win in a fight with everyone. I'm saying no I do not give respect easily nor do I do so out of fear. If you do, I pity you all. That's a really shitty way to live your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    TBH, I would not serve in any branch of the military that would force me into Combat, not that they would take me over my health conditions, or my Mental mindset on War and Violence. If I was forced to sign up for "The Draft" I see 2 outcomes in my Future, either I move to Canada, like my kind did during Vietnam, or I spend my time in jail singing "Draft Dodger Rag" or "Alice's Restaurant" to myself. As the old saying goes, An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will.
    To be fair, if you join, regardless of your position on war, you already volunteered.
    Obviously I'm not talking about the draft. That's a different situation, I still think if your number gets called and you are fit for duty, it's your responsibility to your fellow countrymen to serve. Not everyone can, and in times of need they should. Granted I'm not discussing the "times" in general. WWII was a time of need, Vietnam is another story.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I don't see why anyone should accept getting drafted, when there's draft dodger as president. Kind of sets the bar.
    Aye, Don't force others to do, what you yourself won't.

7+ Year Old Account
    They sent me back home after they tested my eyes (-9,25 and -9,5) so propably nowhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomislav View Post
    In military prison until my country learns that rewarding violence with violence is not a viable long term solution to real world problems.
    Sometimes you have to be violent to get peace. Thats the sad truth.

OT: Probably Infantry with an officer career. Thats what they suggested my when I applied 13 years ago. But I am fuch fatter now, so... *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    To be fair, if you join, regardless of your position on war, you already volunteered.
    Obviously I'm not talking about the draft. That's a different situation, I still think if your number gets called and you are fit for duty, it's your responsibility to your fellow countrymen to serve. Not everyone can, and in times of need they should. Granted I'm not discussing the "times" in general. WWII was a time of need, Vietnam is another story.
    Well that's the thing, there was a point in time, where you had to Enlist in the draft, or face jail, not giving you the Option to not serve. So many people were forced to serve.

They'd probably make me captain of an aircraft carrier. I've never ever in my life failed a mission involving an aircraft carrier, I excel in tight spaces and last but not least I'd look really good in a captain's outfit.

I had a 12 year long dream of being in the Navy since I was 9. Never met my dad, but my mother had told me he was in the Navy, and being born and raised in San Diego, California, I had an affinity for the sea. A boyfriend my mother had while I was growing up said "This boy? He could be a SEAL!", and I don't think my eyes ever shined with that kind of inspiration and hope before or since.

I knew my father was a Corpsman, but I also considered myself to excel at Chaplain or some sort of mechanic. I always had it in my head that no matter what, I'd be fixing something, whether it was a person's body, their spirit or a machine. When I was 21, I was close to having all the required education to enlist (my mother was abusive and kept me and my siblings stupid and starving most of our lives, so no highschool diploma). Had my GED, and was nearing my college credit requirement when I came down with appendicitis. After the surgery, they had mentioned how my creatinine(?) levels were fucky, and it turns out I have a genetic kidney disorder called Polycystic Kidney Disease. Absolutely crushed my dreams of joining the Navy.

Still makes me sad sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Well that's the thing, there was a point in time, where you had to Enlist in the draft, or face jail, not giving you the Option to not serve. So many people were forced to serve.
    I understand that. You were talking about 2 different scenarios, joining as a conscientious objector, to which I said once you volunteer you don't have a choice in what you do anymore.
    And then there is the draft. I'm saying if there is a draft, and your number gets pulled, and you are physically fit for duty, it's a person's responsibility to their fellow countrymen to go. Not everyone can serve and if you can but rebel and don't go, someone else is going to go in your place. I don't think it's right to put yourself over another person from the same country that way. You're the lucky one, you get to go.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humzinger View Post
    it turns out I have a genetic kidney disorder called Polycystic Kidney Disease. Absolutely crushed my dreams of joining the Navy.

Still makes me sad sometimes.
    Does that make you unable to get a non-combat job?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I understand that. You were talking about 2 different scenarios, joining as a conscientious objector, to which I said once you volunteer you don't have a choice in what you do anymore.
    And then there is the draft. I'm saying if there is a draft, and your number gets pulled, and you are physically fit for duty, it's a person's responsibility to their fellow countrymen to go. Not everyone can serve and if you can but rebel and don't go, someone else is going to go in your place. I don't think it's right to put yourself over another person from the same country that way. You're the lucky one, you get to go.
    Than maybe I was not clear enough, I personally would never enlist in the 1st place. In my story about being labeled a "conscientious objector" by a Marine Recruiter, I was not there to join, just drive my friend who wanted to Enlist, and a recruiter who has a job to do, seeing another body there, did what he must. Then when he realized I was a conscientious objector, said "Good day" and went about his business. My Comment on where I would go... Is there because a government can, at their discretion, re-instate Forced enlistment, if they so choose.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Einsatzgruppen

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The job also has to be available. Like, Vet Tech (which recruiters don't see often) could come up in the system, but then it's snagged by someone else within a few minutes. That's why you have to pick quick, cause those jobs that you are shown aren't just for you to pick from, but anyone else that also scored for them.

It's pretty much on a first come, first serve basis, with some jobs having more openings than others.
    Yeah, same goes for the bonuses. With that being said you reserve the slot after the ASVAB and before the medical part of MEPS. Meaning before you have to sign anything

MAKING SICK FUCKIN MEMES TO KEEP OUR TROOPS ENTERTAINED!!!!

or maybe the Alex Jones for the Armed Forces TV network
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    The submarine thread made me curious. So this is mostly a question askable by anyone, and hopefully to be answered by the military nerds out here. If given the military was to put you in a position in any area within the military sector, based on your skills/work experience, what could it be?

For example, as a female (student) archaeologist with computer experience, where would you put me in the military (if given you have to put me somewhere within the military obviously)?

Pls no "in the kitchen" jokes.
    They'd put me guarding a depot or something. Or in the kitchen. And I'd be completely fine with that.

Deleted
    In charge, obviously.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Does that make you unable to get a non-combat job?
    They usually will avoid accepting anyone with any serous health issues. For one, if they do something in the Armed Forces which makes the condition worse, they could end up paying out a 50%+ disability. If a war situation was going bad and they need more people, of course they will loosen some requirements. But even in WW2, they still classified some people as 4F. Even tho they could function fine in civilian life. But had some issues which could cause some problems if they served.