Poll: Weight?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Look at all the 80kg+ fatties, lol. Anything above 70 is overweight.
    Found the manlet.
    Last edited by Stelio Kontos; 2017-04-21 at 09:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    No it wouldn't. BMI is total shit and means nothing. According to BMI, nearly every athlete, weight lifter, larger body build, muscular person, etc. is overweight.
    Ah you're right. I was thinking of that crap they do in the military where they measure your neck and waist (someone else mentioned it a few posts later). For some reason I assumed it was BMI. But yea without fat % it's just a guessing game based on weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukk View Post
    Ah you're right. I was thinking of that crap they do in the military where they measure your neck and waist (someone else mentioned it a few posts later). For some reason I assumed it was BMI. But yea without fat % it's just a guessing game based on weight.
    Watched a documentary on the military's HALO training; in the classrooms everyone was seated by weight. The poor guy at the end was referred to as "least dense".

10+ Year Old Account
    6'1"
    210 lbs.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    6'6" or 198 cm and 149kg/330 lbs.

5'9" and 165 pounds
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

5'7" 220lbs... Yeah I'm a fat tub of fugly lard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    I can lift 330lb (150kg) and I only weigh 160-ish (72kg). You should be able to lift much more with all that mass

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't had it confirmed by a doctor (they didn't have studies on it on people of my age when I asked) but my skeleton is probably unusually light. I've broken my bones so many times I've lost count (over 10). People are always surprised when they learn the actual figure of my wegth and I can lift much more per kilo than my peers at the gym. If I don't work out my body naturally goes to about 66-67 kg and I've gone from that to my current weigth since late january. Been working out for several years but have been interrupted for different reasons a few times where I fell back to my untrained self. The goal is to reach 80kg at least.

edit: This is how I look at 72kg, not big but not a stick hehe:
    Well I never trained or worked out. I just have redneck strength.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a mildly buff 225lbs, Thanks shakeweight!

I haven't had it confirmed by a doctor (they didn't have studies on it on people of my age when I asked) but my skeleton is probably unusually light. I've broken my bones so many times I've lost count (over 10). People are always surprised when they learn the actual figure of my wegth and I can lift much more per kilo than my peers at the gym. If I don't work out my body naturally goes to about 66-67 kg and I've gone from that to my current weigth since late january. Been working out for several years but have been interrupted for different reasons a few times where I fell back to my untrained self. The goal is to reach 80kg at least.

edit: This is how I look at 72kg, not big but not a stick hehe:
    Not bad Would never guess looking at the picture it would be under 80 ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Well I never trained or worked out. I just have redneck strength.
    You're still damn strong! I wonder how far you could go if you actually worked out

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    6'2", 237 lbs/107.5kg, 2.6% body fat.
    Impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're still damn strong! I wonder how far you could go if you actually worked out
    I honestly have wondered myself. Once when the wife and I were moving I got the pick up truck and trailer I borrowed stuck in the backyard because it was raining and slick and it had slid around. So my options were unload it right there or attempt to move it just enough (4-6 inches) so I could just back up to it from a different angle and still be able to hook up to it. I did manage to move it and it felt like what I imagine the guys at strongman competitions feel like when they lift those huge logs. This wasn't a huge trailer by any means. But it did have our washer and dryer on it, our couch was on it too and a couple of other things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    BMI is shit for people who have a lot of muscle. I'd wager most heavy people on this forum and elsewhere are't super fit athletes.
    No, BMI is shit for nearly everyone. I know this may be hard to believe, but not everyone has the same body build. How do you compare the BMI of someone with a large skeletal build over a small one? What about a woman with larger breasts compared to one with small breasts? You don't seem to comprehend the number of factors the make one persons build different from another.
    When in doubt. Derp it out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    No, BMI is shit for nearly everyone. I know this may be hard to believe, but not everyone has the same body build. How do you compare the BMI of someone with a large skeletal build over a small one? What about a woman with larger breasts compared to one with small breasts? You don't seem to comprehend the number of factors the make one persons build different from another.
    Breasts don't weigh that much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anni View Post
    It depends on the breasts. I knew an old lady whose breasts weighed. 6kg and the other 7kg. Then in the UFC, breasts can make a difference in the weight league you're playing in (apparently)

Quote Originally Posted by Anni View Post
    Since they can cause severe back issues depending on the size, I would say yes, they do weigh more than you're thinking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Since they can cause severe back issues depending on the size, I would say yes, they do weigh more than you're thinking.
    They're not going to be the thing that puts you in healthy or obese range with bmi. Plenty women who have bigger or smaller than me but around same bmi.

If you're in the obese category with bmi you either have muscles making it so or you are actually fat. Breasts is not going to cause someone who is, excluding the breasts, at a normal weight to be in the obese category if you add breast weight.
    Last edited by mmoc29c1f4b73a; 2017-04-22 at 08:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    5 foot 8 inches tall..about 160.