Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Will never for the life of me understand how someone could prefer the old models, the new ones look the same but better.
    I wouldn't say I prefer it, but the Tauren Females faces look a bit 'spacey' than they used to. Something about the open mouth, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by nspeil View Post
    Remove LFR and you should get over it first.
    Is that the argumentative equivalent of going "No, your face is a bad idea!"

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    As demon hunters require the new models, there wouldn't with that toggle be an option to do both at once.
    Demon hunters are not the technical reason for other non-DH classes.

- - - Updated - - -

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...ge=23#post-460

Then they will ban you.
    So why post about it at all. If they will supposedly ban you for even suggesting it (Though I bet if you did it, you'd find a way to be an ass about it, and get banned for being toxic rather than the actual suggestion) then they clearly aren't open to the idea of it.

So if nothing will be changed, move on, get over it. Jump off the nostalgia train and move on.

Factually, the new models are better, you might prefer the old ones because of some "Nostalgia" trip you're on, but that's the same shit that makes people say stupid stuff like "original doom looks better than the revamped one" no, it really doesn't.

Those posts might exist, but they're no where near enough to get Blizzard to suddenly bring back old models.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

How's your petition going by the way OP?

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    So why post about it at all. If they will supposedly ban you for even suggesting it (Though I bet if you did it, you'd find a way to be an ass about it, and get banned for being toxic rather than the actual suggestion) then they clearly aren't open to the idea of it.

So if nothing will be changed, move on, get over it. Jump off the nostalgia train and move on.
    You might wonder why WoW now only has 2-3m subs. Removing old models is a perfect example.
    I have stopped play my BE character and will quit as long as they remove human old models.

Factually, the new models are better, you might prefer the old ones because of some "Nostalgia" trip you're on, but that's the same shit that makes people say stupid stuff like "original doom looks better than the revamped one" no, it really doesn't.
    New models are better isn't fact.

i would pay 100 bugs for old run animations. 200 if i got a contract that gurantees me, they stay for at least 2-3 xpacs.

You might wonder why WoW now only has 2-3m subs. Removing old models is a perfect example.
    I have stopped play my BE character and will quit as long as they remove human old models.

New models are better isn't fact.
    Yes, wows population is totally dropping because the models got upgraded. Hurr durr. Also nice numbers pulled out of thin air.

And yes, they are better, that is a fact. You might not think they look better, but they ARE better, the detail, the quality. It was all increased. So it is better.

If the majority of players think they look better (And yes, the majority thinks that) by default that means they are better.

And yes, they are better, that is a fact. You might not think they look better, but they ARE better, the detail, the quality. It was all increased. So it is better.
    LOL. WoD has better detail and quality and was all increased. So WoD is better than MoP!!!

LEGION IS BETTER THAN WOLTK!! LEGION IS BETTER THAN VANILLA!! LEGION IS BETTER THAN BC!!!

If the majority of players think they look better (And yes, the majority thinks that) by default that means they are better.
    Prove new models players are majority instead of those people who don't care old/new models.

Deleted
    A lot of ppl don't like the new models. I think the dev team is just incompetent for not thinking of this before replacing important parts of the game with new stuff. Maybe they are just really naive? Regardless, they are losing players to private servers, it's pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

Good reasoning. More pixels means better, everybody knows that.
    There is nothing subjective to this at all.

Quote Originally Posted by spelgubbe View Post
    Good reasoning. More pixels means better, everybody knows that.
    There is nothing subjective to this at all.
    More pixels =/= better. More pixels = waste more CPU/GPU/Memory/Storage/Network/Electronic resources

More electronic resources = more CO/NO/NO2/NOx/SOx/PM2.5... = more damage to the nature.
    Last edited by nspeil; 2017-04-22 at 08:32 AM.

LEGION IS BETTER THAN WOLTK!! LEGION IS BETTER THAN VANILLA!! LEGION IS BETTER THAN BC!!!
    Yes.

Ten chairs.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Shady stuff about old models.
    https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...ge=35#post-685
    Quote Originally Posted by Tublat
    Hey.

So.. interesting stuff happened recently.

Ziqo tweeted about old model option the other day: https://twitter.com/Ziqoftw/status/822038513998852098

I was going through the other threads on this and I noticed something..

but we're not allowed to talk about our preference when it comes to our very character models?

They did a favor. That thread was already ruined from the start, anyways, due to the excess of trolls. Apparently some forum users get annoyed by just seeing the phrase "Old character models are gone" in the list and come to disrupt it.

Among those trolls were actually blizzard employees, thats right, remember this thread? https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20747265250
    This thread was locked at 26 pages with 190 upvotes, and we can't vote in locked threads.. I noticed it was downvoted to -10, then -20, and then back to 0.

Blizzard deleted the "part 3" threads, then downvoted part 2, and the first one by over 200 downvotes to try silence any new feedback on it and make GD act negatively whenever we'd reference an earlier thread on the subject. Shady stuff, isn't it?

Lore responded
    "investigating this myself - we have a rule to NEVER downvote posts" https://twitter.com/devolore/status/822153428012965890
    Never got a follow-up, so if you're reading this Lore, now's the chance..

Ornyx responded
    "Appreciate your concern, but we just were looking into this as well. Regardless, the threads were noted with a high popularity at the time we reported them. The change after-the-fact doesn't affect how the feedback is/was sent along."
    https://twitter.com/BretForbus/statu...49535002554368
    https://twitter.com/BretForbus/statu...49723918200836

As for the request we're asking for..
    "also have noted that we disagree with regression of our characters models. Something to think about for the future, perhaps. Again, thanks for the feedback - it's been noted. Have a good one. "

Lore didn't seem to understand what we had lost... https://twitter.com/devolore/status/822176292380360704
    https://twitter.com/devolore/status/822177163302432768
    https://twitter.com/devolore/status/822179985028878336

After getting linked comparison videos https://twitter.com/devolore/status/822185371106586625
    "this is helpful, thanks - think i understand a bit better now"
    Last edited by nspeil; 2017-04-22 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spelgubbe View Post
    A lot of ppl don't like the new models. I think the dev team is just incompetent for not thinking of this before replacing important parts of the game with new stuff. Maybe they are just really naive? Regardless, they are losing players to private servers, it's pathetic.
    People had been demanding new character models for ages. A random deer model shouldn't look better than a player character.

If WoW didn't change and add new things, there would be a lot less people still subbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    Yes.

Ten chairs.
    So WoD is better than legion since there are more spells in WoD than Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    People had been demanding new character models for ages. A random deer model shouldn't look better than a player character.
    People are demanding classic servers also for ages.

If WoW didn't change and add new things, there would be a lot less people still subbed.
    They do not add new things or change. All old contents have being removed. Adding with very little real content.
    New models are failure. WoD failed because blizzard wasted their resources on new models and scrapped the real content.
    Last edited by nspeil; 2017-04-22 at 08:48 AM.

So WoD is better than legion since there are more spells in WoD than Legion.
    Has anyone ever actually equated number of spells to expansion quality? Is that a thing?
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Old BE model was 1 solid shade of white or pink with no discernible features beyond a pair of vacant green eyes and a mouth. Head on, they looked like a post-op Michael Jackson with the surgical mask removed. If you're dying for that kind of graphical fidelity, maybe you should dust off your original Playstation.

The new models are objectively better in every way, and subjectively better in every way but for your warm nostalgia feelies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    Has anyone ever actually equated number of spells to expansion quality? Is that a thing?
    Then everyone (except me) here actually equated number of pixels to model quality? Is that a thing?

People are demanding classic servers also for ages.
    Not to the extent that people were wanting new models. And again, it was looking bad that the player characters had models worse than random mobs. Especially putting high texture armour on low texture bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Not to the extent that people were wanting new models.
    LOL. New models can never reach the stand where blizzard actually talks with original wow developers.
    And again, it was looking bad that the player characters had models worse than random mobs. Especially putting high texture armour on low texture bodies.
    New models had models worse than random mobs too. Especially putting high texture armour on low texture bodies.