Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

To fly or not to fly.

As always, everyone who's against flying that i know and that has the required achievement is using flying mounts. Big surprise.

But!!

What if we had a quest that either gave us flying or a really cool ground mount and a badass title?

I wonder if the anti-flight people would actually hold on to their conviction that flying is terrible and go for the 2nd option.

Would you be a bad-ass or part of the pleb

If flying is available, you would be stupid not to use it.

It is after all a 280% or 310% speed increase instead of just 100%.

Even if you would preffer flying wasn't reintroduced in the game, why would someone put themself at a disadvantage when it is made available.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Quote Originally Posted by Keesasha View Post
    As always, everyone who's against flying that i know and that has the required achievement is using flying mounts. Big surprise.

But!!

What if we had a quest that either gave us flying or a really cool ground mount and a badass title?

I wonder if the anti-flight people would actually hold on to their conviction that flying is terrible and go for the 2nd option.

One of the biggest reasons for no flying, as discussed already to no-end, is PvP servers. You cannot force other people to stop flying on a PvP server, so not flying yourself just makes it stupid.

If I was actively still playing PvP servers I would not want flying. I'm on a PvE server and still don't give a shit about flying (I have it), it has no use besides like the 4 quests a day, or levelling alts... at a push.

Nice bate though. Inb4 lock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on what my mount would be able to achieve from this quest. Now, ground combat, mount armor (with own design) + gathering on my ground mount, then I could easily cut flight away. Only thing flight is, is convenience, nothing more.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Big surprise.
    No, its not.

Just because I am flying doesn't mean I think its good for the game. Herb prices are already completely destroyed since bots again have it easy to farm them, making it difficult for most players who aren't really savvy at AH gaming to get gold. And suprise, ost players are bad at the game an can not or don#t want to game the Ah to make gold.

Not flying when you have the ability to do it is just stupid. Doesn't mean I agree with Blizzard putting it into the game so easily.

But!!

Flying is unlocked account-wide. Mounts and titles are account-wide (bar pvp/rep/class requirements). Do the quest on two alts. Pick mount and title with one alt. Pick flying with the other alt. Get all rewards. Win.

I did dishes and other things in between world quests now. To fly, always. It should not have been gated in the first place...As soon as pathfinder part 1 was done, boom gz.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibble View Post

Even if you would preffer flying wasn't reintroduced in the game, why would someone put themself at a disadvantage when it is made available.
    "Because the game is so much more immersive from the ground."

Literally the only valid reason and is still 100% an option with flying enabled.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account

Well, 120%. You get a 20% boost from Pathfinder 1. But yes, this poster has a point, and that's why I like Pathfinder. Both camps get their time in the sun--the anti-flyers get the time it takes to unlock flight to have everyone grounded on an even keel, then after, the flyers get their efficient travel after doing all the relevant world content.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    How do you even access these "dailies" on broken shore assault island thing? Whenever I go there there is no quest as there was in tanaan that would get me rep.

Deleted

But if you'd use it once it's there, why would you be against flying? Why would you want Blizzard to not allow flying? If it's such an advantage, if it's so good that you'll use it if it was possible, you would be in favour of allowing flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahard View Post
    How do you even access these "dailies" on broken shore assault island thing? Whenever I go there there is no quest as there was in tanaan that would get me rep.
    When you're 110, you can start a quest chain at khadgar to unlock the broken shore. Comes with a scenario.

From then on, it's 1 quest a week in the weekly quest hub, and otherwise worldquests to revered.

Personally, I prefer Blizzard make a firm decision. Put it in or take it out entirely and design the zones with that in mind.

I do not like the direction they have taken, which is a relatively long grind to acquire it. Fine for people with the time, but not everyone can play more than maybe a 3 or 4 hours a week. Even then, a majority of that time may be spend elsewhere like a raid night.

If ground mount speed would go up to 310%, and I could use that grapple launcher in every mountainous/water-laden zone in the future, it didn't take up a bag slot, and the travel time of using the grapple hook would be faster than just flying over the terrain, then I could consider forgoing the convenience of just getting on a flying mount and zipping straight to my destination. Even if that mount was the coolest in the game, and even if there were no time left in the expansion - there are still alts to level, achieve, rep up, and get transmog for, right?
    Last edited by Razion; 2017-04-22 at 03:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    One of the biggest reasons for no flying, as discussed already to no-end, is PvP servers. You cannot force other people to stop flying on a PvP server, so not flying yourself just makes it stupid.
    the answer is not to alienate a large portion of players by removing or gating flying (beyong getting to max level once)... the answer has always been, make WPvP more lucrative. Give it its own currency and rewards. make it so they are not anywhere near as difficult to get those rewards as Timeless Isle pvp bait was.

offer plenty of Tmog gear sets, battle pets, mounts, even titles. add to these rewards as often as possible via patches.

we dont need extreme farming and RNG to infest the game any further, thus making these rewards very easy to get by comparison to everything else in the game. the goal here is to bait people into using many of their alts, people will only do that if it is not an incredible slog the first time around.

with a few minor boundaries set to acquire WPvP tokens to promote better play, the number of people that would finally see WPvP rewarding and thus worth their time to do, because right now, people avoid it because there is literally nothing to show for their time spent. Nothing worse than spending 6 hrs a night doing something and having nothing to show for it.

ok, now that WPvP vs. Flight has been solved whats the next issue anti-flyers QQ about?
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2017-04-22 at 03:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    But if you'd use it once it's there, why would you be against flying? Why would you want Blizzard to not allow flying? If it's such an advantage, if it's so good that you'll use it if it was possible, you would be in favour of allowing flying.
    I you stop reading at my post? One answer to this was given in the second reply to the thread.

You can be against flying, but still use it if it is there. Because not doing so puts you at a disadvantage.
    If you don't use flying when it is available, then as a gatherer you don't really have a fair chance at the profession nodes. This would force you to use flying, even if you would preffer not to.

Personally I don't really care. I could live without flyin, but if it is there I am gonna use it.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    "Because the game is so much more immersive from the ground."

Literally the only valid reason and is still 100% an option with flying enabled.
    Well, there's also "Because it's much harder to gank people with flying enabled", but for some reason people seem reluctant to admit that as their reason.

Deleted
    Why? it give 300% speed boost, and i don't think that this decrease the immersion.

Quote Originally Posted by Polygnome View Post
    No, its not.

Just because I am flying doesn't mean I think its good for the game. Herb prices are already completely destroyed since bots again have it easy to farm them, making it difficult for most players who aren't really savvy at AH gaming to get gold. And suprise, ost players are bad at the game an can not or don#t want to game the Ah to make gold.

Not flying when you have the ability to do it is just stupid. Doesn't mean I agree with Blizzard putting it into the game so easily.
    >implying prices werent already destroyed thanks to the blood of sargeras NPC

7+ Year Old Account
    If given the choice between a badass dragon to fly around on, or one of these for my Gnome Engineer:

Flame Leviathan

I would be running shit over and blowing up anything that got in my way.