Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Isn't it about time for another expansion announcement?

Last one was two years ago at Gamescom. Next one should be on the horizon. We already know the last patch of the expansion is Argus, so, the next time they'll reveal something it has to be the expansion, right? Do you think it will be at Blizzcon this time or earlier? They've proven with Legion that they don't have to announce an expansion at Blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing at August, or BlizzCon. As we still have a raid to come + a complete new patch setup of 7.3, if not another behind with 7.4
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Think blizzcon

7+ Year Old Account
    Argus at Gamescom
    Xpac at Blizzcon
    (maybe)

7+ Year Old Account
    i'd say they'll announce the next expac around blizzcon as well as launching 7.3

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    The Legion announcement was kind of a "in case of total fucking catastrophe, break glass" thing to placate players in the middle of the aborted brainshart that was Warlords of Draenor. Things are looking better for them in Legion in terms of player engagement and content output, so they probably don't feel as pressured to announce the expansion just yet. I'd say around Blizzcon is a good bet.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    The Legion announcement was kind of a "in case of total fucking catastrophe, break glass" thing to placate players in the middle of the aborted brainshart that was Warlords of Draenor. Things are looking better for them in Legion in terms of player engagement and content output, so they probably don't feel as pressured to announce the expansion just yet. I'd say around Blizzcon is a good bet.
    Yeah that makes a lot of sense. Also, Legion was announced when Hellfire was already out and the story was wrapped up, so they could easily announce the next thing coming up. But now we are still in the middle of the expansion.

I am thinking thewy announce it at gamescon but only gives us the name and some veeery basic things and then save the big reveals for blizzcon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Argus at Gamescom
    Xpac at Blizzcon
    (maybe)
    This seems like the most logical announcement schedule.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm almost 100% it will be on Blizzcon and we will have panel about 7.3 on Gamescom (PTR would launch right after this). But I wish we would have some special event for expac reveal - Blizz have some many games now that WoW will got max 15-20 minutes on opening ceremony.

Seems pretty early to me to announce another expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably at Blizzcon which is a bit off.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    The Gamescom announcement was PERFECT. It allowed for two months of hype before details at Blizzcon.

I'd expect it again, even if it's just a name.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qeldin View Post
    Seems pretty early to me to announce another expansion.
    Last one was announced 20 months ago. There has been an expansion announcement every 2 years pretty much since forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    The Legion announcement was kind of a "in case of total fucking catastrophe, break glass" thing to placate players in the middle of the aborted brainshart that was Warlords of Draenor.
    I still can't believe the panda thing made it through. I try to imagine meetings where everyone is like, "This is a magnificent idea," but I just can't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard did say this time round they aren't sticking to an exact patch cycle and will just finish the expansion when they feel like it's done, so I wouldn't be suprised if we ran 1 tier longer than usual.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Just here to add that, I think it'll probably be at Blizzcon.

I'm guessing no xpac announcement this year instead we'll get a 7.4 preview =p
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Nope.

every 2 years it always happens, Legion just happened to be earlier.

My bet is blizzcon but gamescom could be the new expansion announcements permanently instead of a one off thing.
    Then it isn't "always" with an exception.
    Approximately every 2 years.
    Plus or minus a few months.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    basically.

Still i kind of hope it is this august because i am curious, although i like legion and hope it has a lot of patches.

If they do announce it at gamescom, i wonder if that will be the permanent place for expansions to be announced.
    Blizzcon is IMO a better place to announce, as blizzard have a lot more freedom on the format, duration etc.
    I would rather wait longer and have a better one, then one shoehorned into someone else's schedule.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.