Thread: Male Skirts

Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Male Skirts

Initially I googled 'men's skirts' out of curiosity, but I increasingly became fascinated with the concept of male skirts in the Western World. Now of course we all know of the kilts as well as some garments worn by men in Ancient Greece and Rome, but male skirts have mostly died out in the West.

So what do you think? Do some men look good in skirts? Do you really even give a shit? Personally, I don't think skirts look good on everybody, but there seem to be some dudes that can pull it off.

Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2017-04-23 at 05:43 AM.

to each their own, but I will pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care what other people where?

If you're going to where it, at least the first two dudes have some sort of style/flow going on. That last dude looks trash.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Ugh. No.

It was fine 2000 years ago, but it seems so...hipster today.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Initially I googled 'men's skirts' out of curiosity, but I increasingly became fascinated with the concept of male skirts in the Western World. Now of course we all know of the kilts as well as some garments worn by men in Ancient Greece and Rome, but male skirts have mostly died out in the West.

So what do you think? Do some men look good in skirts? Do you really even give a shit? Personally, I don't think skirts look good on everybody, but there seem to be some dudes that can pull it off.
    The first one doesn't look that bad. Looks kinda gothic. Unless you're in a gothic band, or you're playing a weird character in a movie, it's not normal to wear these things and you look like a girl. If you wanna crossdress, ok, but then please go all the way and put on a wig and makeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    The first one doesn't look that bad. Looks kinda gothic. Unless you're in a gothic band, or you're playing a weird character in a movie, it's not normal to wear these things and you look like a girl. If you wanna crossdress, ok, but then please go all the way and put on a wig and makeup.
    Isn't crossdressing and being in drag different things?

I wouldn't classify men's skirts (or whatever you want to call it) as crossdressing as they're not trying to emulate women. They're more or less just men...wearing skirts.

Deleted
    No and if a man i dated wore one that would be the end of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    He looks like an acolyte from some dark magic cult that summons demons.
    Putin khuliyo

Skirts no, kilts are cool thou.

10+ Year Old Account
    This guy totally stole my halloween costume from 3 years ago. "I am Lorde ya ya ya!" "Feeling good on a Wednesday..."

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    It doesn't bother me. Some men are rather attractive with them, I'd say.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not going to raise a fuss, but they look a little strange.

To each their own, though.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Yeah, this is ok, but folks got a problem if you only wear boxers, a t-shirt, and a bath-robe.

Sheesh.

Nope. As much as they want to convince us that male skirts is a thing. It's not. It never has been. It never will. If someone runs around with a skirt, I'll go "Dude, that doesn't work... stop it." every single time. Every few years the fashion industry tries this. And every few years, we remember why only girls are into fashion. Because it's bullshit spoonfed into the easily impressed. Yes, gays... you're girls, too. Deal with it.

Kilts, that's the only acceptable thing even coming close to this. And even that I'd only tolerate true Scots to wear.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

if you as a guy decide to wear a skirt and you are not gay then be prepared for people to assume that you are gay or something else as normal men do not go about wearing skirts (and hopefully that never changes)

also if you're not Irish or Scottish then keep your grubby hands off kilts
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

Deleted
    The f word comes to mind when I look at those pictures.

Even though the skirt appears to be the lower half of a robe, which is a traditionally female garment, I don't believe it looks out of place on a man. If I were to wear a skirt, I would be more concerned about my hygiene than my appearance.

Now I have to go and rewatch that Braveheart scene where the Scottish taunt the English by lifting their kilts and baring their butts. Thanks, thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only care I have for what other people wear, is when I have to explain it to my five year old.

I find the extremely limited range of acceptable men's clothes rather depressing. Though the pictured skirts aren't very flattering. Also they're too long, surely the idea is to show off men's legs.

I've occasionally considered buying a kilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    The f word comes to mind when I look at those pictures.
    You want to fuck those guys?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    The only care I have for what other people wear, is when I have to explain it to my five year old.
    How do you explain society's arbitrary assignment of clothing to genders to a five year old?

I'm guessing something along the lines of "that's the way it just is, now shut up and stop asking questions".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.