Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Is your record broken? You keep bleating about YOU'RE NOT A DEV despite Blizzard themselves saying they take player feedback seriously. If you don't want that then QQ to Blizzard
    of course they say that they take that seriously, but you perfectly know that they must have the final say in order for the game to work as intended, and if too many players submit a stupid idea they might include it to optimize their income with no regard to their game. look at how many game makers doesn't care about their creation, while it's agreed that they made a masterpiece, games are a business and a creation at the same time

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Honestly? It's one of the many things I prefer in FFXIV over WoW, albeit one of the more minor things. There just isn't anything useful gameplay-wise to have to right click a mob after killing it and there isn't anything about doing so that increases my immersion.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    of course they say that they take that seriously, but you perfectly know that they must have the final say in order for the game to work as intended, and if too many players submit a stupid idea they might include it to optimize their income with no regard to their game. look at how many game makers doesn't care about their creation, while it's agreed that they made a masterpiece, games are a business and a creation at the same time
    All I am getting is "I don't like the idea and don't want Blizzard to listen" whilst happily playing features suggested by players

7+ Year Old Account
    You used the word tedium
    Yeah. I did. And there is nothing tedious about the game anymore. So clicking one button one time to gather loot shouldn't even be a thing.

kids these days will never know what it was having your loot on the ground after killing a mob/boss

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    kids these days will never know what it was having your loot on the ground after killing a mob/boss
    Or like TBC when you dropped 10 mobs around you and had to click them one at a time, and select loot as there was no auto-loot or AoE for that matter.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I thought about switching my main from Engineering to Alchemy but while listing pros and cons I reached Loot-a-Rang. The list was no longer necessary

We'll see this feature much sooner on Diablo (autoloot reagents and autosalvage loot up to rare)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    As silly as this may sound, clicking for loot is a core RPG element.

It simply cannot be removed or changed. It's a fundamental interaction that needs to stay the way it is.
    No, it really isn't, yes it can be, and no, it really doesn't.
    Its only annoying, slows down and adds nothing of value to gameplay.

Couple it with an option to not loot gray items and it would be golden. Some other games have this and its a really nice QoL improvement.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't want drops to automatically go into my bags whenever I kill something, but I wouldn't object to a hotkey I can use to auto-loot nearby corpses without having to click on the actual body, especially since there are occasions where they wind up in places that prevent you from clicking on them.

- - - Updated - - -

Pfft. In Everquest you had to find and loot your own corpse to get your stuff back if you died.

It works very well in FFXIV and makes the game flow seemlessly because you dont have to stop up and loot every so often. I would welcome a system like that into wow

Quote Originally Posted by Cazz17 View Post
    No it's not only bonus loot, it's drops aswell. Go do MoS and don't look the first boss, teleport to the boat. If you had loot, you'll get it mailed to you. Same as if you don't loot a boss in a raid, you'll get the gear mailed to you (if any dropped for you).
    Pretty sure he said BOSS loot , not BONUS loot

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

10+ Year Old Account
    All I am getting is "I don't like the idea and don't want Blizzard to listen" whilst happily playing features suggested by players
    come on this idea is for personal laziness, not for the good of the game, killing a mob and looting it manually to find what there is is a pleasure and well integrated in the game at its core, you must not change those kinds of things, and if too many asks and blizzard do it (hope they won't) I would not bet on an option, and there's that in FF14, well, FF14 is by no mean a WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Polygnome View Post
    No, it really isn't, yes it can be, and no, it really doesn't.
    Its only annoying, slows down and adds nothing of value to gameplay.

Couple it with an option to not loot gray items and it would be golden. Some other games have this and its a really nice QoL improvement.
    Players should be given options that fit their playstyle. That said, the "QoL" improvements are getting out of hand. The game is becoming incredibly simplified ... Everything is about " saving time". Dungeons are faceroll zergfests because people don't have the time to run them... Same thing with questing and levelling. When I don't have the time, I don't even sit behind my PC, let alone turn on a game. I just do other things. Surely RPG games are for when one has time. Literally everything is so much about saving time that the spirit of the game is lost through all the rush towards something else. With all that said, I don't disagree with you... players should always be given options, but QoL improvements that oversimplify everything shouldn't be applied to everyone with no choices given.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking about this and wondered if it would be a good addition to WoW if there was an option to automatically receive loot from mobs without clicking?
    Yes please.
    I miss this every time when I check back to WoW from FF-XIV.

- - - Updated - - -

As silly as this may sound, clicking for loot is a core RPG element.

It simply cannot be removed or changed. It's a fundamental interaction that needs to stay the way it is.
    Well, living in caves was a "core element of being a human being".

Sure it was a bit weird at first when I started FF-XIV, but once I got used to it, not having to worry about "did I forget to loot?!" or running to a dead mob that is so close to another that I add yet again was nice.

After doing WQuests/Dungeons I seriously want that option. It'll make my life so much easier and would have more time to do other things.

I could just AOE through old dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Well, living in caves was a "core element of being a human being".

Sure it was a bit weird at first when I started FF-XIV, but once I got used to it, not having to worry about "did I forget to loot?!" or running to a dead mob that is so close to another that I add yet again was nice.
    You're right. I deleted my post. It was a rather narrow-minded thing to say. The paradigm always changes and evolves. I guess some of us are just fine with the way things have always been... but I guess not everyone feels this way.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

10+ Year Old Account
    You're right. I deleted my post. It was a rather narrow-minded thing to say. The paradigm always changes and evolves. I guess some of us are just fine with the way things have always been... but I guess not everyone feels this way.
    I want it as an option. Game can always have more choices.
    Though I'd recon that the vast majority doesn't care enough about grey to blue trash drops that they'd want to loot every mob.

Deleted
    Players should be given options that fit their playstyle. That said, the "QoL" improvements are getting out of hand. The game is becoming incredibly simplified ... Everything is about " saving time". Dungeons are faceroll zergfests because people don't have the time to run them... Same thing with questing and levelling. When I don't have the time, I don't even sit behind my PC, let alone turn on a game. I just do other things. Surely RPG games are for when one has time. Literally everything is so much about saving time that the spirit of the game is lost through all the rush towards something else. With all that said, I don't disagree with you... players should always be given options, but QoL improvements that oversimplify everything shouldn't be applied to everyone with no choices given.
    I agree with your overall sentiment. You are absolutely right.

There is, however a difference. If a dungeon is challenging, takes time and offers an appropriate reward for the time and preparetion that one has invested, then thats absolutely fine. If I don't have the time I do't run the dungeon, simple as that. Its not an "QoL" improvements if I shorten the dungeon and make it easier, thats not what "QoL" means.

In the case of looting, hoewver, I fail to see the purpose for the game. What does requiring players to click a corpse actually offer for the game? its neither difficult nor rewarding to get some gold or grays out of the mob. looting some Blood of Sargeras from the Shoulder enchant is nice and all, but its not really a rewadring moment. And the experience of looting it is not enhanced by me having to click the corpse. On the contraty, having it pop up automatically with this little loot notification would feel far better in my opinion.

Corpses have often very mismatched loot boxes. I just did the WQ to kill this giant (Druguth?) in Highmountain. Once he dies, you literally have to step inside his corpse to find the tiny hit box for looting. Sometimes corpses fall through the world. or else. Auto-Loot would remove all those annoyances and simply make the game feel a lot smoother, without making it easier or less "RPG-ish".

The raduis of auto-loot could be limited, to for example 10 or 20 yards, to minimize possibilities for abuse.

So yeah, while I absolutely agree that the game has been dumbed down too much in certain aspects, I don't think that justifies keeping old, outdated and just annoying mechanics that serve no real purpose. They can do lots of things to make the game harder again, but clicking on corpses to loot does not make the game difficult, it just interrupts the flow of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is becoming incredibly simplified ... Everything is about " saving time". Dungeons are faceroll zergfests because people don't have the time to run them... Same thing with questing and levelling.
    The reason for that is not "saving time". The reason is the utterly incompetent playerbase, that makes anything semi challenging a royal pain if grouped randomly.
    Since the majority of the community gets thrown together with randoms all the time farming the same thing over and over and over, Blizzard feels the content has to be freeloot-y.

Trust me: I'd prefer tactical S-Labs HC / shattered Halls HC kind of dungeon difficulty over the ridiculousness that we have now.
    No, I do not like racing the retarded M+ clock. Stop stressing me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
    Yeah. I did. And there is nothing tedious about the game anymore. So clicking one button one time to gather loot shouldn't even be a thing.
    Then why say "They remove 70% of the tedium" and not 100% according to you there's still 30% tedium

- - - Updated - - -

Because it's an outdated mechanic... WoW player for 12 years