Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I believe someone asked them this question back in the WOD annoucement Blzzcon. asking if they plan to do anything to Outland and Northrend to fit the timeline better since currently its Cata-tbc-wrath-cata-onwards They said something like they plan to update both tbc and northrend "Eventually"

A big problem i see is that Legion is the first expansion (including vanilla) in which each zone has a separate story, not connectning to another. How would it make sense, from lore perspective, to start in Zul'drak, then Grizzly, then Dragonblight?
    Same goes for TBC and vanilla. Each zone's plotline guides you into the next zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Or just make new stuff? The removal of the old content in Cata was utterly pointless and annoyed quite a few players as well.
    New stuff is way better. Both new areas and new lore. Going back in time did not work well in WoD, did it?
    Yeah, because the time travelling aspect of WoD was the reason it did badly. Just like how flying was the reason 5 million people unsubscribed during it.

On topic, I hope they make zones scale with level, and just have the starting point for the scaling be the lowest level you can go there as.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    World scaling is the worst fucking thing you can do with an RPG.
    I would support a better solution, but zone scaling is the only way Blizzard is likely to allow you to not outlevel zones you want to do.

I would also be down with making Outland and Northrend skippable. Leave them where they are for people who wanna go there, but I've done them so many times I dread the thought of leveling another alt. Not to mention it fucks up the chronology when you level in Cataclysm zones and then go back 2 expansions after hitting 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Yeah, because the time travelling aspect of WoD was the reason it did badly. Just like how flying was the reason 5 million people unsubscribed during it.

On topic, I hope they make zones scale with level, and just have the starting point for the scaling be the lowest level you can go there as.
    Flying probably had a bigger impact than the time traveling bullshit, sure.
    I still think revamping old content is pointless and in a way it'll also remove the old content and thats never popular.

It's just an opinion but I would still rather have brand new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    If anything, they'll use level scaling to make BC-WoD zones entirely optional and I couldn't applaud them more if they did.
    I would love it if they did that with vanilla content as well to be honest. At least you'll be able to stick to questlines without out levelling them.

Although it may make levelling too easy since you won't have to travelling for higher level quests anymore.

Flying probably had a bigger impact than the time traveling bullshit, sure.
    I still think revamping old content is pointless and in a way it'll also remove the old content and thats never popular.

It's just an opinion but I would still rather have brand new content.
    I would also rather have 100€/h instead of my measly 15. It's just an opinion!

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Frankly I would like to see them bring the entire game to the modern era. Every part of Azeroth and what parts of Draenor remain as well as a modern-er WoD that actually makes fucking sense this time.

Will it happen? Probably not, but hey. It's always possible Blizzard has been working on this for 5 years!
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Northrend, maybe yes. Outland, I doubt. A revamp or update in general would mean a smaller area, it is crumbling afterall.
    Ethereals could have have developed some technology to pull new landsmasses in. There's always a way to come up with something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Better not spend too much time on old content.
    That's the point of updating it. Then it's new content. The Cataclysm revamped zones were all great and in large parts at least 100% new quests.

I would also rather have 100€/h instead of my measly 15. It's just an opinion!
    Then go do something about it, like the an education?
    Why does this matter here though?

I'd rather see them updating and overhauling the 1-60 content, make it stand-alone from any expansions to age better and apply scaling and WQ-tech to Kalimdor/EK which would enable you to skip at the very least Outland and Northrend.

Then go do something about it, like the an education?
    Why does this matter here though?
    If you don't see how it relates, maybe pick up some reading comprehension classes.

I don't even have a job right now, working on said education.

If you don't see how it relates, maybe pick up some reading comprehension classes.

I don't even have a job right now, working on said education.
    There is nothing wrong with my reading comprehension.
    What does your crappy job have to do with revamped content in WoW?

This is a thread about revamped content and peoples opinion on that matter. I said I would find new conten more enjoyable... And you complain about your pay?

There is nothing wrong with my reading comprehension.
    What does your crappy job have to do with revamped content in WoW?

This is a thread about revamped content and peoples opinion on that matter. I said I would find new conten more enjoyable... And you complain about your pay?
    You really aren't the brightest of bulbs, huh? My point was that reused content is a lot easier and less costly to use for many reasons. Quantity vs quality. Sometimes the choice isn't that clear.

If you'd read my post again (it's two sentences, not that long), you'd see that I don't even have a job. I'm not talking about my job.

If they revamp outland or wotlk I will throw a shit fit.

If there was a "skip outlands leveling" button, I'd probably level a lot more classes.

I don't mind leveling in any zone APART from outlands, I despise it so much that if I AM leveling anything, i don't level a character at all during that bracket unless a guildy is on who's willing to powerlevel me through dungeons.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think they should really start reusing alot of old spaces they already created. Maybe revamp them up a bit change them a little, but the ground work is already there

You really aren't the brightest of bulbs, huh? My point was that reused content is a lot easier and less costly to use for many reasons. Quantity vs quality. Sometimes the choice isn't that clear.

If you'd read my post again (it's two sentences, not that long), you'd see that I don't even have a job. I'm not talking about my job.
    Thats silly. Revamping the old areas would take just as long as making new ones and with little to no gain at all. New models and textures, quests, everything.
    It's a pointless, waste of time.

You're pathetic, personal insults won't get you far in life. Just a friends tip.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    World scaling is the worst fucking thing you can do with an RPG.
    I don't agree. It's better than having 99% of the content of the game be irrelevant because you're past the level for which it's meant. If everything in the game right now scales to level 110, at least as an option, being able to choose when entering a zone whether to enter the max level version or not, and if there were world quests everywhere in the game, I think the game would be better and it would be more fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats silly. Revamping the old areas would take just as long as making new ones and with little to no gain at all. New models and textures, quests, everything.

You're pathetic, personal insults won't get you far in life. Just a friends tip.
    Revamping the old areas wouldn't take just as long, that is ridiculous. You would already have a basis to start with.

Also I like the irony of you insulting him as pathetic for using insults.

Not only are you wrong, but you'd also have no idea about how much of a gain it is. Cataclysm's Azeroth revamp changed FAR from everything, creating a new Azeroth from scratch would NOT have been the same. But coming to that conclusion requires thinking.

I've seen several of your posts - I think it best I don't take your tips too much to heart. Especially when it's an insult that advises me to not insult.
    Last edited by Segus1992; 2017-04-23 at 03:49 PM.