Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    When you cut taxes on the "rich" (this includes big corporations) it allows them the capital to hire more employees and raise wages for their employees. This is also called reinvesting in the business to make the business grow. It helps everyone, including the stakeholders of the business.

Also lowering taxes on small businesses and reducing red tape allows them to do the same, just on a smaller scale.

Simple economic sense. Hence, the "bottom 50%" see their wages increase and increased jobs.
    This never happens though. As noble an idea it is, it never happens.

Small businesses and the middle class are the ones who should be the target of reduced taxes, corporations can pay their taxes and the poor don't even make enough to pay them so the only ones who actually need relief are the middle class and the small businesses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    Isn't it at least 30-40 years since any U.S. politician cared about the income of the middle and lower class? Judging from their actions I mean, words are cheap.
    Yep, most of them are multimillionaires with a 140k salary so they're not going to fuck up their bread by making it harder to be buttered.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

We have fiat money, regional inflation is as high as 12% a year in some places. For people living paycheck to paycheck that's essentially getting 12% poorer every year. Wealthy and shield themselves with stocks and properties

Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    Depends on how you look at it.
    Some people have allot of output and work hard their entire lives, yet, have a low income.

But i guess you don't care because only people that work smart have the right to have a high income. Just don't forget we also need the people to do the simpler jobs.
    You're right we do need people to do simple jobs, but they aren't worth that much income. If someone stocks shelves all day, they don't have the right to a high income like the people who built the company from scratch.
    If Mr. Shelf Stocker wants more money, he needs to do something worth more than something a high school kid can do with 10 minutes of training.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Sorry but hillary at most would maintain the statu quo, which is better in the grand scheme of things than pushing for massive tax breaks
    You are stupid if u think Hillary wouldnt have done exactly the same.... seriously.

How many PRIVATE meetings did she have with Wall Street in the run up to the election?

Yeah there was no collusion will the filthy rich at all... none at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    You are stupid if u think Hillary wouldnt have done exactly the same.... seriously.

How many PRIVATE meetings did she have with Wall Street in the run up to the election?

Yeah there was no collusion will the filthy rich at all... none at all.
    Ehm, the maintaining of the statu quo was what hillary parroted, and what the execs expected.
    In what world you live? In the one of the consñiracy theories and the but her emailz?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    You're right we do need people to do simple jobs, but they aren't worth that much income. If someone stocks shelves all day, they don't have the right to a high income like the people who built the company from scratch.
    If Mr. Shelf Stocker wants more money, he needs to do something worth more than something a high school kid can do with 10 minutes of training.
    They are worth that much income because in the US, wages have traditionally carried more than just value added. In fact high wages were the foundation upon which the American System was founded, which in turn generated the very successful American economy of the 20th century. Paying people like serfs is for European countries with an actual history of serfdom.

Deleted
    Ehm, the maintaining of the statu quo was what hillary parroted, and what the execs expected.
    In what world you live? In the one of the consñiracy theories and the but her emailz?
    Her collusion with Wall Street proved she was going to do their bidding. So whatever they want they wouldve got.

And if you are one of those ignorant sheep who ignore her emails then you really are not worth discussing Hillary with. Fact is that wikileaks revelations proved what everyone has thought about Hillary anyway. Shes probably the most corrupt politician in US history.

But hey you ignore all those facts...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    This never happens though. As noble an idea it is, it never happens.

Small businesses and the middle class are the ones who should be the target of reduced taxes, corporations can pay their taxes and the poor don't even make enough to pay them so the only ones who actually need relief are the middle class and the small businesses.
    Small businesses and middle/lower income earners should pay no taxes, let 100% of the burden be paid by the most wealthy and the largest companies, because they need the middle class consumption/investment than the middle/working classes need them. This will be a huge boon to GDP growth and real estate appreciation, bringing in record tax receipts to make communities healthier, more educated, and more vibrant.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    Oh no! What should we do????
    Vote for leaders who aren't in the pockets of the oligarchs, and who'd actually tax them to reduce that inequality, I would think.

Then watch them like hawks lest they climb into said pockets.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Her collusion with Wall Street proved she was going to do their bidding. So whatever they want they wouldve got.

And if you are one of those ignorant sheep who ignore her emails then you really are not worth discussing Hillary with. Fact is that wikileaks revelations proved what everyone has thought about Hillary anyway. Shes probably the most corrupt politician in US history.

But hey you ignore all those facts...
    Hey, here we have another awoken!
    Fact is, hillary was a normal politician. If you want a real, stinking corruption in one person, try to see your current prez
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    This is crazy. The bottom 50% is making 25K a year?
    Half the country surviving on that? How do they even make ends meet !?!?
    We need action. I can't believe people voted in the new guy who is gonna cut taxes on the rich.
    What action are you suggesting? Could it be that people aren't going to college and bettering their lives? I went to a tech school and got a degree in IT and make well over 50k a year. There's certainly no shortage of jobs in IT either. You can't force people to better their lives and it's not fair to people like me to give them free stuff for simply being lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    If this election has taught me anything, it's fuck the bottom half.
    As did the last 2.

Want to make more money? Get better skilled or educated.

People feel they deserve to make more just because things cost more.

Deleted
    Fact is, hillary was a normal politician. If you want a real, stinking corruption in one person, try to see your current prez
    No wonder the US is fukked.

Idiots who think that corrupt politicians who dont give a fukk about the people are the best theyre gonna get.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gmollster11 View Post
    Want to make more money? Get better skilled or educated.

People feel they deserve to make more just because things cost more.
    So u think its fine that the bottom half of the USA are earning exactly the same as they were earning in the 1980s?

And you think that its fine that the top 1% are earning many times more than the 1980s?

The FACT is that the top earners are doing better and the rest of the country isnt... if you think thats fine then you obviously dont give a fukk about your country or the people who live in it.

Trump is the result of wealth and corrupt government. If you are wealthy enough you can buy favor from politicians. When you have a $4 trillion dollar budget and corrupt people spending it, dont be shocked when people line up to get their pockets filled.

- - - Updated - - -

So u think its fine that the bottom half of the USA are earning exactly the same as they were earning in the 1980s?

And you think that its fine that the top 1% are earning many times more than the 1980s?

The FACT is that the top earners are doing better and the rest of the country isnt... if you think thats fine then you obviously dont give a fukk about your country or the people who live in it.
    Is this actual income or just on paper through investments and what not.

I dont think it is fine. Then again, who chooses to buy $500 iPhones enriching the very CEO's they despise making so much money. Who contributes to sports franchises and cries about how much the players or owners make? It is kind of hypocritical, no?

Lets also not forget that these people dont sit on their wealth, they invest it, which makes them even more wealthy.

Alot of family wealth comes from property and homes. The very thing people take equity loans out against these days destroying future wealth for their children. Those family homes that were willed to children were sold for McMansions that got foreclosed on. Wealth destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    When has "trickle down theory" ever worked?
    All the time. What doesn't work is "trickle down" government.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    All the time. What doesn't work is "trickle down" government.
    Thanks for the ignorant answer.
    I got exactly what I expected.

To be one percent you need to make about 465k to be five. About 250k.

Frankly I don't see the problem with this as there are several careers that can get you within this range easily. The issue comes down to the fact that most people rather not be in those jobs yet want to make that amount of money. That's just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    To be one percent you need to make about 465k to be five. About 250k.

Frankly I don't see the problem with this as there are several careers that can get you within this range easily. The issue comes down to the fact that most people rather not be in those jobs yet want to make that amount of money. That's just stupid.
    That's the kind of "thinking" that imagines in some strange fucked up way that people desire to be poor because it's easier and refuse to consider anything else because it would get in the way of some borderline fantasy narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    That's the kind of "thinking" that imagines in some strange fucked up way that people desire to be poor because it's easier and refuse to consider anything else because it would get in the way of some borderline fantasy narrative.

They don't desire to be poor they just desire more money than they can get.