Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    To be fair, bombs and stuff have a rep for being the go-to for terrorists. So it isn't too far off to remember the currently most prominent group(s) in this regard.

But to also be fair: Media and most people always were more cautious with calling ISIS in this case, simply because many things didn't really add up from the start. But I'm not surprised that it's mentioned as a possible culprit, given their recent track record. Don't get overly excited that it wasn't ISIS this time.
    Hand grenades, yes. This was some mobile phone deployed explosive made by some sort of professional. Nowadays a truck is your terrorist go to weapon in Europe.

It is telling how interest in this topic has dimished as soon as it lost most of its use as pretext to sprout poorly disguised racism.

10+ Year Old Account
    that seems like a fuckin comic book villain scheme.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    It is telling how interest in this topic has dimished as soon as it lost most of its use as pretext to sprout poorly disguised racism.
    Well if within 7 days leftist, neo nazis and islamists claim responsibility its natural that the interest slows down till more informations comes out. It could have been any of those groups. And now we know its no terrorism but a highly criminal action by a asshole with migration background. Glad that his plans failed and no one died, could have ended much worse for the team.

Time to focus our efforts on migrant crime and how to prevent it now!

Deleted
    So this guy was a market trader hoping to make the share prices fall so he could make money. Capitalist terrorist?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39664212

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    So this guy was a market trader hoping to make the share prices fall so he could make money. Capitalist terrorist?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39664212
    This is not terrorism at all. Just a crime.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    This is not terrorism at all. Just a crime.
    Terrorism usually consists of a series of attacks following the same motivation. We don't know yet whether this kind of attacks will find many imitators or not. It doesn't diminish the attack for what it is much more so than usual because people hoped it was one of "the usual suspects" and are now more unhappy or in denial or are playing the "Well, at least and fortunately, it was someone with migration background and not one of us." card. As usual people are rather concerned with the attacker than with the victims.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    The whole thing sounds like something from a action movie.
    Evil Villain causes mayhem to manipulate stocks and gain wealth. Then leaves letters laying about trying to blame various groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Terrorism usually consists of a series of attacks following the same motivation. We don't know yet whether this kind of attacks will find many imitators or not.
    Terrorism requires political/religious/ideological aims. Profit doesn't cut it. Imitation of terror act is not terrorism. Case closed.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

#NotAllRussians

I´m eating that infraction and subsequent ban.

Yeah, anyone could see that the claims of responsibility from Antifa and ISIS were very badly faked by right wingers (hope that will be persecuted as Strafvereitelung as well) , but this is really a new quality. That guy will go to prison for a looooong time.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2017-04-23 at 01:23 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Terrorism requires political/religious/ideological aims. Profit doesn't cut it. Imitation of terror act is not terrorism. Case closed.
    That's an interesting proclamation to make but I think you are looking at it the wrong and too narrow way. Terrorism aims at creating a constant feeling of threat and terror. Whatever the underlying motive is doesn't matter as long as there's a feeling of threat to protect against as a result. In this specific case, should it find people jumping the bandwagon, it would create a primary physical threat - that of people living in constant danger of life - and that of losing assets and wealth for a group of people which is something can affect their lives too and lose confidence in security and would require heightened measures in order to guard against it. It's similar to eco-terrorism where the aim however is not to kill people outright but to affect their lives through sabotage and property destruction, assets and ultimatively wealth as well. The only reason we cannot talk of terrorism yet is simply because it's so far an isolated incident and difficult to execute which in this specific case ended in a failure because he made some significant and amateurish mistakes. Fortunately.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

10+ Year Old Account
    That's an interesting proclamation to make but I think you are looking at it the wrong and too narrow way. Terrorism aims at creating a constant feeling of threat and terror. Whatever the underlying motive is doesn't matter as long as there's a feeling of threat to protect against as a result. In this specific case, should it find people jumping the bandwagon, it would create a primary physical threat - that of people living in constant danger of life - and that of losing assets and wealth for a group of people which is something can affect their lives too and lose confidence in security and would require heightened measures in order to guard against it. It's similar to eco-terrorism where the aim however is not to kill people outright but to affect their lives through sabotage and property destruction, assets and ultimatively wealth as well. The only reason we cannot talk of terrorism yet is simply because it's so far an isolated incident and difficult to execute which in this specific case ended in a failure because he made some significant and amateurish mistakes. Fortunately.
    Aim == motive.

Also to follow your logic, you are terrorist, because your post created a feeling of threat to protect against - your underlying motivation for the post is irrelevant.

Robbing a granny on the street is also an act of terrorism, didn't you know? The aim is obviously always to make all old people fear the constant threat of death.

Her purse had nothing to do with it.

Whoever thinks this was an act of terror is crazy. This was an assassination attempt on a football team in order to make big profits.

15+ Year Old Account
    Aim == motive
    A motive per se describes the formulated set of reasons which caused you to moved towards a certain action and an aim describes the final condition you plan to head to. Thus aim and motive are in most cases quite different. If my aim is to protect all animals, my motive may be revenge against animal torturers and empathy for animals, so my motivation was seeing to many animals suffer and people profiting from it, therefore my goal with destroying as many labs OR freeing all, even dangerous, animals as possible is to fulfil my aim to help protecting animals. If I do this often enough lab workers in a region might be afraid their lab is the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Whoever thinks this was an act of terror is crazy. This was an assassination attempt on a football team in order to make big profits.
    Nobody claimed otherwise even I agree it's just been a crime.
    Last edited by Ravenblade; 2017-04-23 at 07:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A motive per se describes the formulated set of reasons which caused you to moved towards a certain action and an aim describes the final condition you plan to head to. Thus aim and motive are in most cases quite different. If my aim is to protect all animals, my motive may be revenge against animal torturers and empathy for animals, so my motivation was seeing to many animals suffer and people profiting from it, therefore my goal with destroying as many labs OR freeing all, even dangerous, animals as possible is to fulfil my aim to help protecting animals. If I do this often enough lab workers in a region might be afraid their lab is the next one.
    Aim == motive. The sooner you understand it the better. Semantics has nothing to do with it. It's pure logic.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Robbing a granny on the street is also an act of terrorism, didn't you know? The aim is obviously always to make all old people fear the constant threat of death.

Her purse had nothing to do with it.

"it's not terrorism because the perp was white".

Just say that, we know what you mean.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Aim == motive. The sooner you understand it the better. Semantics has nothing to do with it. It's pure logic.
    Sometimes (often) those two coincide, but not always.

Deleted
    FYI Looks like this was about money.

15+ Year Old Account
    They are separate aspects. They can be the same but in a lot cases they don't. That's a simple fact. I even gave you an example.