Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Blizzard can easily get new subs from the newer generation by just advertising ALOT on TV etc. Yet they do not.
    You think the way to approach getting new subs from the youngest generation is to double-down on the form of entertainment they consume the least? Honestly, you sound like a good fit for the current team at Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

Get Pewdie Pie to play WoW! maybe then we get some of dat new gen players into WoW...

Waait. i take that back,,, DONT BRING THOSE PPL INTO WOW PLEASE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vimtu View Post
    Get Pewdie Pie to play WoW! maybe then we get some of dat new gen players into WoW...

Waait. i take that back,,, DONT BRING THOSE PPL INTO WOW PLEASE!!!
    They did get both PewDiePie and Markiplier to play WoW to advertise the movie though. Some of these new gen players might've slipped in..... the ones who watch these 2 *scared*

I think it's the community's fault. These veteran players have all played WoW, then they quit, move to more popular games, and spread the word that WoW is bad because of X, or if WoW is brought up in a conversation they say "yeah I played that game, but it sucks now". They don't mention any of the good things.

Not only that, but most WoW YouTubers are mostly just doing clickbait titles about controversial topics, and sadly those are the ones that get the most views.

I don't think Blizzard can do anything to combat this.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

advertising wow on tv for the newer generation? last time i checked they dont even watch tv anymore.

And as other have said, they dont have the patience to play such a long game

"New generation" doesn't watch TV.

Blizzard can easily get new subs from the newer generation by just advertising ALOT on Hulu/YouTube etc. Yet they do not.
    Fix't that for you. Way more of the newer generation aren't watching TV compared to online stuff. Hell I don't even watch TV anymore because it's shite.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Newer generation has a too short attention span for MMORPGs. Stuff like shooters and MOBAs seem to be the upper limit these days.
    This too.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Einst3in View Post
    OP reminds me of a sad grandpa who wants to talk his grandkids into playing pong...but actually they got a brand new amiga at home.
    What's an amiga?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    TV adds were already a thing around Legion release, it did even happen in such backward place like Poland.
    Didn't know that :\
    What I know is that it didn't happen in Portugal (as in several other countries)... unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    Because younger generations have plenty of games to play, which are online, free/cheaper, have large esport scenes, with faster pace than wow and which require far less time commitment than MMORPGs?
    Pretty much this. World of Tanks comes to mind....

Deleted
    Stop making drama. Just a couple of years ago they had a big TV campaign with several celebreties. Keep it together man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    WoW is too badly designed right now that it can never accomodate a new player.
    Any "new player" wow gets are returning players.

Edit: And unlike many people here, I believe that it is not because "its an MMO" but rather because of how bad it is when compared to others in market. And dont come to the whole "still the biggest playerbase" argument, because its also the #1 MMO in the world to lose players per year, and if people are still playing it is purely based on old addictions.
    I know a lot of new people who enjoy/love new MMOs like Tree of Savior, but I just can't picture someone new playing WoW.
    Sadly its true Vanilla and BC times when all of us was stupid and green in to the game are gone.Community in the game will never help you and if you do not have atleast few friends who play this game from years chances to achieve something from the start are just close to 0%
    No need to say that current generation just do not have the patience and dedication to work and develop 1 character years ahead
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2017-04-24 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    What's an amiga?
    It was the late 80s early 90s go to home computer that alongside the Atari ST brought out some good gaming memories for those of us in our early to mid 30s. Then Doom came out and everyone went full IBM or similar which became the basis of modern computing today.

7+ Year Old Account
    Advertising on TV is certainly not gonna get the newer generation's attention... But they should definitely advertise more on the internet (YouTube etc...). Its been a long time since I have seen a WoW add.

Sent from my BLU ADVANCE 5.0 HD using Tapatalk
    Who needs signatures anyway?

15+ Year Old Account
    Simple as that. Plenty of places i notice lately, when there is a WoW reference or picture, nobody seems to know it.
    Not even the simple WoW cinematics some still wonder what game it is.

The new generation right now has no clue what WoW is.

Blizzard can easily get new subs from the newer generation by just advertising ALOT on TV etc. Yet they do not.

I feel like Blizzard is abandoning the game itself bit by bit, just realising this after seeing newer generation not knowing WoW.
    Many people in their 20's which is the current new generation also has no clue what Star Wars, Star Trek or Lord of the Rings is and they have a much larger social net than WoW has. I think you over estimate how many subscribers played this game.

WoW did have over 100 million players go through this game throughout the first 10 years but games like Call of Duty sell 100 million copies in a year, or have in the past.

WoW's target audience is past and present players. New players really aren't going to be their target anymore. That's for their other games.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

of course, the game is trash right now.
    This isn't the same company. They are not in touch with the playerbase, they are hellbent on profit, and yea companies deserve profit, but not at the cost of the health of the game, and they became their own worst enemy. WoW was special not because of vanilla, bc, or wrath. No nostalgia here. It was special because of Blizzards involvement with the community, which is all but lost now. They changed everything into the least possible communication with the community.

I definitely agree with this post. When I was younger, I heard of WoW through my cousins who absolutely loved the game. I would always sit by the computer and watch them play and think that WoW was literally the coolest thing. Now that I have grown up, I rarely ever hear about WoW. I basically only hear about the Xbox or the Playstation. It seems like not many people know about MMORPGs anymore, which is pretty upsetting, because I love playing WoW and being immersed in the online world. I honestly believe if it weren't for my cousins introducing me to WoW when I was younger, I would not know what WoW is now. :-(

Simple as that. Plenty of places i notice lately, when there is a WoW reference or picture, nobody seems to know it.
    Not even the simple WoW cinematics some still wonder what game it is.

The new generation right now has no clue what WoW is.

I feel like Blizzard is abandoning the game itself bit by bit, just realising this after seeing newer generation not knowing WoW.
    Prob not the game just isnt fun. They would not play it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Problem is the newer generation doesn't care about games like WoW. They mostly play FPS games so they can tell other people in game they slept with their mothers. Not to mention their spaz on graphics.
    This. Games like Overwatch that have about 5 minutes of gameplay, repeated over and over, that boils down to shooting respawning people in an arena for a "high score". I guess if someone has the attention span of a goldfish that kind of thing might be appealing. If I wanted that type of gameplay I'd still be playing Atari 2600.

Younger gamers seem to like either Minecraft or Call of Duty. It's not that they don't know anything about WoW. It's that they aren't interested.