Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Red Pill (the Movie). Why is it banned?

A bit disappointed today
    A Movie which contains no sex & hardly any violence has been banned at my local theatre.
    In fact their is hardly a swear word in this movie

It is a documentary, similar along the lines of some of Michael Moore's movies.
    However it is written and presented by a young American lady named Cassie Jay, who also happens to be a feminist.

Most Australian New sites including some left leaning news sites are saying "Why the Ban"

One commentator says:

Forget the men’s rights movement – is there anything less feminist than the claim that young women need to be protected from a documentary? By claiming that the documentary could ‘physically threaten women on campus’, the students’ union is painting women as too weak and vulnerable to engage in intellectual life.

Whether or not you agree with the premise of The Red Pill, it shouldn’t be banned. Students who disagree with it should go along to the screening and argue their case against it, not stop it from being shown altogether.

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/the-re...21-gvpd1l.html

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite...4#.WP2TR7h24co

Anyway see what you think.
    The Trailer is shown below

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because it said and showed the hypocrisy of both sides, whilst showing that the people that are often labelled the feminazi's boogeymen are mostly just Regular people.

Just like Feminazis ruined true Feminism and made it a horrid parody of it's former self, MGTOW's have also turned many reasonable discussions into shit flinging contests and have become basically the "Male" counterpart to Feminazis.

This Movie tried to show that there are actually reasonable people on both sides and that discussion, not shit flinging is the way to mend the divide between the 2 genders and since they went against the "OMG MISOGYNIES EVERYWHUR!" narrative it was banned because of idiots.

Welcome to the 21st century.

because it is likely to cause psychological harm to already gullible idiots, just like if there was a movie on how vaccines make your kid autistic.

If the message was more important than a quick cash-in, they should upload it to youtube or something, and now people can view it with no bans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    If the message was more important than a quick cash-in, they should upload it to youtube or something, and now people can view it with no bans.
    Pretty poor argument.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is it actually banned though, or just not shown? The movie doesn't seem like an obvious choice to show at a theater, tbh.

Why would they waste screen space on a movie that no one is going to buy a ticket to see?

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Is it actually banned though, or just not shown? The movie doesn't seem like an obvious choice to show at a theater, tbh.
    Not a obvious choice to see at a Movie theater ?

The same theaters that have banned the showing off Red Pill, have in the past shown
    Michael Moore doco's and the Super size me doco.. this is no different.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/busin...75412eda75e1d5

DENDY has become the latest cinema to ban a controversial film exploring the men’s rights movement, following pressure from feminist groups.

A sold-out April 26 session at Dendy Newtown for The Red Pill, a documentary by US filmmaker Cassie Jaye, has been cancelled, and a session scheduled for Dendy Canberra on May 17 also appears to have been ditched.

The showings were organised by cinema crowdsourcing website FanForce. Dendy, the art house cinema chain owned by Mel Gibson’s Icon Film Distribution, did not respond to requests for comment.
    Last edited by Blobfish; 2017-04-24 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    It's not. It's just that pretty much all the cinemas here have either not picked it up or cancelled their screenings.

I'm sure the right wing will celebrate this victory of business's rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both the OP and the articles fail to point out the movie is not 'banned'.

It's been removed from a handful of schools and local, privately owned places where the owner's opinions have direct control over what shows.

It isn't being shown or removed/cancelled/banned from theaters. It's not a major production.

While I'm not commenting on the importance of the material, please be aware that the titles and info is sort of misleading. There is a difference between it being banned, and a handful of privately owned, small time places removing it. Schools (Which are notorious for opinonated stuff lately) and an art house (which again, opinionated)
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Because it doesn't support either side of the argument and instead offers a balanced objective look at things like feminism and mens rights.

And both the far Left and the far Right (read: the people with the loudest voices) can't be having any of that.

Looks like the owners of the film are trying to generate some controversy in order to sell tickets.

Think of how small the audience for this documentary is.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Because it doesn't support either side of the argument and instead offers a balanced objective look at things like feminism and mens rights.
    If they wanted it to be seen as that, they shouldn't have named it after a collection of shitheads.

It's like naming a WW2 documentary "Nazis : The Movie" and wondering why you're attracting hate.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

I wouldn't say it's banned as more 'blocked' by the femminazis.

Western women are the dominant force in the world right now, they control the vote, the economy, everything. So if women decide we are not going to see a certain movie, you better believe we are not going to see it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    If they wanted it to be seen as that, they shouldn't have named it after a collection of shitheads.

It's like naming a WW2 documentary "Nazis : The Movie" and wondering why you're attracting hate.
    Yeah there is that point as well. Imo its a documentary that everyone should watch, but the naming ensures that one side really isn't going to see it and the other side will go to see it and probably not get the intended message.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really don't understand the drive some western countries have for these feminism and men's right movement things. Most notably the US. I can't remember when anyone even mentioned feminism or men's rights here. A movie like that would literally get zero viewers in Finland. Maybe that's the reason the cinemas have "banned" it there, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Maybe becuase it is a bullshit "documentary" that is likely to cause more harm then good?
    In any case, I doubt it is "banned", though you are australian, right? Your country does seem to like censorship.

i'm sure you can download it from somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Just like Feminazis ruined true Feminism and made it a horrid parody of it's former self, MGTOW's have also turned many reasonable discussions into shit flinging contests and have become basically the "Male" counterpart to Feminazis.
    Everyone's a huge pussy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Is this the new boogey(wo)man? First people said the jews controlled everything, and now all of a sudden it's women?
    Apparently they control "everything".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    I wouldn't say it's banned as more 'blocked' by the femminazis.

Western women are the dominant force in the world right now, they control the vote, the economy, everything. So if women decide we are not going to see a certain movie, you better believe we are not going to see it.
    Victim
    /10
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.