Anyone else experience stuttering when they eyebeam?

Hey so for the past couple weeks I've been noticing some stuttering when I eyebeam 9+ mobs.

I turned off combat scrolling text and that helped a little but is there anything else I can do?

Do you mean when the Eye Beam stops canceling early, or when the animation sort of clips off and then back on?

As far as I know, the animation clipping is just visual and doesn't hurt your damage.

As for when the cast just "breaks", I believe you do lose damage -- iirc, somebody once said it was due to procs that the game considers to be "casting a spell" and thus stops the channel. I think that the Satyr neck enchant was responsible for this at some point, but I don't know if it still is or if it was the only culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    Do you mean when the Eye Beam stops canceling early, or when the animation sort of clips off and then back on?

As far as I know, the animation clipping is just visual and doesn't hurt your damage.

As for when the cast just "breaks", I believe you do lose damage -- iirc, somebody once said it was due to procs that the game considers to be "casting a spell" and thus stops the channel. I think that the Satyr neck enchant was responsible for this at some point, but I don't know if it still is or if it was the only culprit.
    More like when i'm eye beaming and every tick hitting is a stutter fest(though i don't see numbers anymore)

i believe they mean eyebeam is causing them fps dips.

my question - do you use recount?

Quote Originally Posted by the boar View Post
    i believe they mean eyebeam is causing them fps dips.

my question - do you use recount?
    No I use details. Streamer mode disabled, update interval 0.20.

You'd have to do a little testing.

The first thing you can do, the "broadest" test, is just disable ALL addons. Do that, go in game, see if the same thing happens. If it doesn't, we know what's going on -- there's either a specific addon (or group of addons) causing a problem, or you simply have too many addons running and start to lag when you cast Eye Beam, for one of many potential reasons. You could have a complex WeakAura triggered by that, you could have some rotation addon where an Eye Beam triggers some sort of different calculations, who knows. The point is that disabling them all well let us know if we should be looking in that general area or not.

If you disable addons, it works fine, then you re-enable the addons and it stops working again, start disabling addons in chunks. Do like 1/5 of your addons at once; Let's say you use 20 addons, disable 5 at a time and try again. If you disable the first 5 and it's still messed up, keep them disabled and then disable another 5 and try again. If at that point the stuttering goes away, you know it's one of those addons and should be able to determine which one it is with common sense at that point, but if the addons in that group are all very similar you can go through disabling those last 5 one-by-one.

If it's not an addon (it doesn't work any better with them all disabled) it could be a computer setting, the effect could for some reason specifically be causing issues, your particle density setting could be too high and that happens to have a high particle count, who knows. I'm assuming it is NOT a hardware issue as I think you would experience framerate drops from more than just Eye Beam. If you want, post your basic computer specs just in case.

If you don't want to do the entire addon disabling thing, you can also do this: Determine your Addons' memory consumptions by hovering over the icon of the WoW menu bar. That's the small little bar of buttons that has the Customer Support icon, the "Game Shop" icon, and the icons for "Quest Log", "Social", etc. I think it's the far-right icon on that menu but it could be the second from the right, I'm not in-game right now so I'm not 100% sure but it'll be obvious; just hover over them until you see the tooltip.

When doing that, check (and let us know) if any one addon seems to be using a proportionately large amount of RAM compared to the rest. If you can take a screenshot of the entire thing that would help us help you, too.

If you're still not willing to do the addon-disabling-debugging extravaganza, here's the next step to debunking this mystery without needing to, after checking the RAM usage; checking CPU usage! The RAM usage really doesn't matter much unless you have a terribly low-end computer or *really* low RAM (and also a bunch of shit running alongside WoW), but the CPU usage is very relevant; everything an addon does takes place between frames, and monitoring CPU usage can definitely help you find a culprit.

Install this addon:
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ddonUsage.html

Or if you don't want to manually install one and prefer Curse you can use this, but I would suggest the above:
    https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/addons-cpu-usage

Go in-game and leave all your addons enabled, or at least enough enabled that the problem still happens. Follow whatever instructions you need to in order to turn on the addon's "recording" or "profiling" and go play for a bit. Make sure you cast Eye Beam and cause the lag to happen. After, go back and check the addon, stop the profiling, and review the data and see which one seems to be spiking up your CPU use on average. If you have a hard time figuring it out, try a smaller sample size; turn on profiling, count to ten, cast Eye Beam once, count to ten, turn off profiling. See if that gives results that are easier to use; and as before, posting a screenshot will help us help you.

Aside from outright deleting your Interface/WTF folders, which is the generic blue response for issues like this but is usually overkill and is only used as a solution because it's a sort of "all-in-one" failsafe answer, this is your best bet if your goal is to actually find out what's causing the problem to fix it for the future.

This should've been fixed in 7.2. It was Inner Demons procs causing it to stop eyebeam.

Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    This should've been fixed in 7.2. It was Inner Demons procs causing it to stop eyebeam.
    I knew about the Inner Demons proc, and I believe it was, but I don't believe that was the only source. It was the same problem with Inner Demons; when it would proc, the game actually considered that you "casting" a spell. To the game, it was the same as you pushing a button for a spell called "Inner Demons" and then the cast goes off, even though it was really an uncontrollable proc. As such, as would happen if you really did physically cast another spell, the game cancels your active channel and the new spell goes off.

As it was more of a mechanical issue rather than an issue specific to Inner Demons, I'm like 90% sure there were other procs that causes the same problem; Mark of the Hidden Satyr being one of them, as I believe the game also considered that a "player casted spell".

If it were just Inner Demons causing it I don't think it would have happened as often; an Inner Demons coincidentally lining up with and proccing during an Eye Beam channel is statistically rare and wouldn't happen that often, but when you add in additional sources such as Satyr you can see why it was problematic and occurred at a more noticeable rate.

Also, while we're at it why is it that demonic build when you eye beam while you're already in demonic form it won't extend the duration!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ehxy View Post
    Also, while we're at it why is it that demonic build when you eye beam while you're already in demonic form it won't extend the duration!
    sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Noticeably, it extends less often when you have less than a certain time remaining, Just haven't figured out exactly how much yet!
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Noticeably, it extends less often when you have less than a certain time remaining, Just haven't figured out exactly how much yet!
    Demonic can't extend an already active Demonic. Otherwise It would be possible to achieve a long lasting Demonic Form with legendary Helm and a massive amount of mobs.
    But using Eye Beam (8s + Eye Beam channel duration) -> Meta (additional 30s) -> wait atleast 8s (so the Demonic part of your Demon Form vanishes, not sure about this point) -> using Eye Beam again (new Demonic Duration at the end of Meta) is possible.
    Last edited by Ribesal; 2017-04-24 at 08:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm certain I've seen my meta weak aura go upto 35+seconds remaining. If I remember I'll screenshot it.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

Demonic (8sec) meta can/will only add to regular 30sec meta one time per full meta. Any additional eye beams cast during that same 30 second meta will not extend the duration.
    So the ideal is to eye beam (8 secs meta), then meta right after the 8 sec meta expires, then eye beam early in the meta to extend it +8 secs....then wait til the whole thing expires and immediately eye beam again for another 8 sec meta.
    By doing this, you can effectively have a 54 second meta with only minimal breaks between each one.

I think your issue maybe CPU related. What CPU are you running in your system? I had this same problem with my old Ivy Bridge machine before I built my new Skylake machine with a higher clock speed. Issue went away with the new machine and I copied the WoW install directly from the old machine. It wasn't addon related for me.

As for Meta extension, Demonic meta cannot extend itself. You can extend a Regular Meta one time with Eye Beam/Demonic Meta, but after that, nothing more is added to the duration. You used to be able to infinitely add to it but, needless to say, it got nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    I'm certain I've seen my meta weak aura go upto 35+seconds remaining. If I remember I'll screenshot it.
    No, you're right -- it's just a cap of one time. You could extend it further in the past, but right now you can extend a Meta with Eye Beam/Demonic a single time. After that, further Eye Beams will not add any time to Meta.

This only applies to hard-cast Metas, not temporary Demonic-Metas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for clearing that up. As you may have guessed I've recently rerolled xD
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

No problem, questions get answered pretty quick around here so don't ever feel like something is too dumb or too obvious to ask

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah noticed that. Slowly getting all the intricacies down, but if you can think of any more don't hesitate to throw them my way.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

You used to be able to run trough some m+'s with almost 100% uptime perma meta. I guess that was a bit too much. :P