Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    ...and yet there was just a movie out.
    Because bad investments are unheard of, right? The movie managed to scape by in the box office and the critical reception was "meh" at best. Quoting that as something positive is delusional at best..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    It was the late 80s early 90s go to home computer that alongside the Atari ST brought out some good gaming memories for those of us in our early to mid 30s. Then Doom came out and everyone went full IBM or similar which became the basis of modern computing today.
    You guys with your filthy rich parents .

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Don't you ever get tired of creating all these threads proclaiming how WoW is doomed? You've been doing so for years and your predictions never come to pass...

Also, "newer generations" and "advertising on TV"... Top KEK right there!

- - - Updated - - -

Haha, indeed.
    i was going to post, but it looks like you read my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

is really the marketing strategy the problem? Wow just need to be released on consoles to gain 2-3 millions of new players and with ftp model it can grown back another 2-3 millions; the point is: how the mmo market is going in the next 5 years? And blizzard is really committed to keep wow as it's flagship or are they slipping it slowly into maintenance mode?
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

How would mods even work with a console WoW? I can't even imagine playing WoW without being heavily modded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    How would mods even work with a console WoW? I can't even imagine playing WoW without being heavily modded.
    The ugly ass sci-fi GUIs are not needed at all.

Bossmods are the only thing that you kinda need really and some function for logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Fallout 4 on xbox had them , they work much like those on pc and those are mods that don't change the ui but change even game and character parameters and abilities, wow mods are just a different way to present the ui and mostly do just informations they don't change a single bit of parameters or abilities, slowly even the last barrier of consoles games don't being moddable is crumbling.
    Last edited by bufferunderrun; 2017-04-24 at 08:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    The golden age of MMORP is over. Young players prefer other games (easy access, instant gratification, something to hop in and out) and consoles/smartphones. WoW will shrink to a niche game for the older ones who cannot let lose their beloved habit.

Deleted
    even hollywood stars played wow during the golden era. it's a fall from grace if you look at the game now.

I'm perfectly content with WoW being a niche fixture as long as it retains its raiding component. I understand the appeal of faster paced games in other genres but there's nothing quite like WoW's Mythic raiding scene out there. It's unfortunate newer gamers are disillusioned by WoW but I'm not going to pretend there's much that can be done about that. Gaming trends change over time and WoW's golden age was more than a half decade ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The ugly ass sci-fi GUIs are not needed at all.

Bossmods are the only thing that you kinda need really and some function for logs.
    I could play wow without Bossmods, but it is impossible for me to play wow without weakauras.
    I have noticed that i would like to have weakauras in D3, because honestly it is the best way i know of tracking cooldowns.
    Also damagemeters are a must for optimazing rotations, stats, and trying things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    The golden age of MMORP is over. Young players prefer other games (easy access, instant gratification, something to hop in and out) and consoles/smartphones. WoW will shrink to a niche game for the older ones who cannot let lose their beloved habit.
    I keep hearing this "instant gratification" thing and i think it is not at all the reason.
    The problem is that in a MMO you have to do quite a lot of chores, for a gameplay that does not depend on you, meaning you can be the whole week farming AP and when raid time comes (the bulk of the enjoyment) it is cancelled.
    That is something that does not happen for example in Dark souls games, you put the effort but the "raiding" is always available for you at any desired time.
    Also when raiding, most of the times, you have to accept that things are not always gonna be as you would like them to, because there are another 19 people who will not like to do everything like you would like.

Deleted
    Advertising at this point will hardly make any difference. Most of the people who wanted to try out wow already did, the number of newcomers is probably really low and will drop even lower.

Wow is a game of a different generation, it's playerbase and reputation will decline even further no matter what they do.

Just enjoy it while it lasts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I understand the appeal of faster paced games in other genres
    See i do disagree here, it is not the faster pace, it is the lack of control over the gameplay, which if in addition is at a slower pace, it really makes a lot of people stay away from the genre.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    Just enjoy it while it lasts.
    Very true.
    This is the first time i am gonna need the next exp to be announced to be sure there is a next expansion.

Have u seen the playerbase in Overwach?...most of the plaiers are little shits talking and talking and cursing...I am glad the newer generation doesn't join WoW...too many dumb kids these days

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Simple as that. Plenty of places i notice lately, when there is a WoW reference or picture, nobody seems to know it.
    Not even the simple WoW cinematics some still wonder what game it is.

The new generation right now has no clue what WoW is.

Blizzard can easily get new subs from the newer generation by just advertising ALOT on TV etc. Yet they do not.

I feel like Blizzard is abandoning the game itself bit by bit, just realising this after seeing newer generation not knowing WoW.
    They tried advertisement in WoD

It created hype at the time, then people were massively let down with how lacking WoD was. I can imagine that pissed off a lot of new players who might have seen the above then tried WoD

The warcraft movie was probably the best advertisement, granted it needed a few tweeks (I shit you not, some of my friends couldn't understand why green was bad or what fel was) but high paced action movie based on a game, that's the best way to capture new players these days

15+ Year Old Account
    Overwatch and HotS was created for the new generation.

WoW will die a slow a painful death. Blizz will milk it for everything they can and then try another MMO, except it wil be a SMO.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    How is this going to help new players cacthing up????
    you can instantly get to 15 now, and over 10 days get to 25, then get to 26 for free, and your mostly caught up
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    Edit: And unlike many people here, I believe that it is not because "its an MMO" but rather because of how bad it is when compared to others in market. And dont come to the whole "still the biggest playerbase" argument, because its also the #1 MMO in the world to lose players per year, and if people are still playing it is purely based on old addictions.
    I know a lot of new people who enjoy/love new MMOs like Tree of Savior, but I just can't picture someone new playing WoW.
    thing is wow is kinda like mcdonalds - everybody knows its more or less shit/junk yet people simply cannot let it go - imo because of how much time they invested into ti - young people simply see how junk it is and cba to waste time on garbage producut with outdated graphics and gameplay .

its time to let wow die and from its ashes maybe something new will rise

[Baseless speculation that cannot be proven nor falisified]

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    thing is wow is kinda like mcdonalds - everybody knows its more or less shit/junk yet people simply cannot let it go - imo because of how much time they invested into ti - young people simply see how junk it is and cba to waste time on garbage producut with outdated graphics and gameplay .

...in what way is that at all "like McDonald's?" I've seen some shitty analogies on this forum but this is one of the most confusing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

Outdated graphics? Have you actually tried setting graphics high? The world looks absolutely beautiful. Orders of magnitude better than any of the popular games like LoL, dota, OW, CSGO, etc.