Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Welcome to the new 21st Century, where banning and triggering have become the new way to do censorship. This way they can get away with actual censorship without calling it that, and still denying it.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    If only MRM had any fucking idea at all what it was doing, but unfortunately its only goals seem to be bitching at feminism and trying to double down on the exact sorts of harmful thoughts and practices that create the problems they're so upset about.
    Of course that is what you see...I would expect no less. These are not reasonable people expressing real issues that adversely affect them....they're the kind who spew the "exact sorts of harmful thoughts and practices that create the problems they're so upset about". Yeah, that's it...that's the ticket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    You wanna know the sad and harsh reality as to why men's issues are never brought up? At least in my view?

First, when do you ever read about these problems? Its always as a counter to women's rights articles, editorials, comments, etc. Its never on its own. Its never an issue presented on its own merits as something that needs something to be done with. It is basically (at least in a public sense) just troll groups that bring up these issues that lead the average onlooker to think its not a real problem because its just some dumb ass internet people. Or at least gets downplaywed becasue its use is to downplay feminism.

Thats the real problem. A way to fix this would be to separate the mens issues from feminism and instead of making men's issue a "counter" to an argument of feminism, it becomes its own thing that can have an actual goal and maybe lead to some help.

It needs a structure that isnt publicly run by what are essentially trolls.
    I'm kicking around the idea that the reason Men's Right's aren't brought up until Women's rights are brought up, is because some of the demands for changes to Women's rights are unfair for men.

Both Men and Women have had social issues or even professional issues. But when you work to resolve all the issues for one of the two, the second will obviously speak up and say, "Hey! But what about us? Why do they get all the positive change, but we have to sit here and just live with our issues?"

Can't fix one side without the other side feeling neglected. I'm sure what i've said is flawed, hence the "kicking around the idea" disclaimer.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I'm kicking around the idea that the reason Men's Right's aren't brought up until Women's rights are brought up, is because some of the demands for changes to Women's rights are unfair for men.

Both Men and Women have had social issues or even professional issues. But when you work to resolve all the issues for one of the two, the second will obviously speak up and say, "Hey! But what about us? Why do they get all the positive change, but we have to sit here and just live with our issues?"

Can't fix one side without the other side feeling neglected. I'm sure what i've said is flawed, hence the "kicking around the idea" disclaimer.
    That is also true, but things like shelters, domestic abuse, etc those need to be something that stand on their own and dont exist as a copy/paste of some twitter twit trying to shut down a feminism argument

Because USA is THE country of freedom right ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they fucking worked for it.
    Oh come on, you know people would rather sit back and complain rather than to get off their butts and do something about it.

There is also the feeling that in general, people aren't inclined to work towards change until their personal comforts are completely at risk.

- - - Updated - - -

That is also true, but things like shelters, domestic abuse, etc those need to be something that stand on their own and dont exist as a copy/paste of some twitter twit trying to shut down a feminism argument
    I agree. I don't think MRA's should be stopping feminists from correcting their issues. If anything, they should be working together and focus on what they have in common, and work together to make a change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh come on, you know people would rather sit back and complain rather than to get off their butts and do something about it.

There is also the feeling that in general, people aren't inclined to work towards change until their personal comforts are completely at risk.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree. I don't think MRA's should be stopping feminists from correcting their issues. If anything, they should be working together and focus on what they have in common, and work together to make a change.
    Or at least actually try to get some focus on men's issues that are not designed specifically to argue against others.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've literally been yelled at for suggesting abolishing the male gender role as opposed to returning society to a state where it revolved around it.
    Did someone disagree with you, then "yelled" at you and hurt your feelings one time? And this your basis for lacking any sympathy for the MRM? That bastard! Men are such monsters!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't disagree, but the point is if they don't like how things are, then instead of bitching about it on the internet, they need to actually go do things. As much as they may bitch about "those crazy feminists" and their protests or whatever, that's actual action that keeps the issue in the public eye and helps motivate people to change the situation. Whining about feminism on some backwater blog, not so much. If feminists had limited themselves to bitching about society in their diaries and agreeing with each other a lot about how shitty it is in private, they wouldn't have gotten shit done either. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, the people who are generally interested in MRM don't really seem to get it.
    Or at least actually try to get some focus on men's issues that are not designed specifically to argue against others.
    Well said, I completely agree with you both.

There needs to be genuine issues, and actual action. Not just youtube videos, no-name blogs, or private meetings.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't disagree, but the point is if they don't like how things are, then instead of bitching about it on the internet, they need to actually go do things. As much as they may bitch about "those crazy feminists" and their protests or whatever, that's actual action that keeps the issue in the public eye and helps motivate people to change the situation. Whining about feminism on some backwater blog, not so much. If feminists had limited themselves to bitching about society in their diaries and agreeing with each other a lot about how shitty it is in private, they wouldn't have gotten shit done either. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, the people who are generally interested in MRM don't really seem to get it.
    You're right...men need women like you to explain it to them. lol

Spoiler: I'm male.
    And a whipped one at that.

That doesn't say they had to, they chose to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    MGTOW's have also turned many reasonable discussions into shit flinging contests and have become basically the "Male" counterpart to Feminazis.
    I don't think you really understand what MGTOW is. It's pretty weird how people keep misrepresenting a group of dudes that literally don't want anything to do with anyone else.

7+ Year Old Account
    Spoiler: I'm male.
    I stand corrected.

You're right...men need boys like you to explain it to them. lol

Nice avatar!

15+ Year Old Account
    Can't speak in a general sense, but the early attempts at shelters I've heard about have been linked to feminism whether they wanted to or not. There was a push for some in England many years ago, but they were harassed (physically, in media, politically) by feminist groups to the point where they had to shut down. A huge push to shut down a center for victims of domestic abuse, just because the victims were men.
    I know the same happened some while back in Sweden (until they eventually got one open in 2015) and in many other countries.

I agree that MRA's are screwing themselves over by focusing so much attention on feminism, but even for the groups that just try to help people in peace they often get dragged into a battle with feminist groups simply for focusing on men with services that have previously been associated with feminism (rape shelters, domestic abuse help, gender-specific legal counseling, gender-specific interests groups, etc.).

The side isn't innocent by any means, but if we're blaming them for being too attached to feminism, we should recognize that feminism has attached itself to them to sabotage when there's attempts to do some actual good. There's idiots and extremists on both sides, unfortunately only one side seems to have their section of rational well-meaning members taken seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    I stand corrected.

You're right...men need "men" like you to explain it to them. lol

Nice avatar!
    What's wrong with his avatar?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Can't speak in a general sense, but the early attempts at shelters I've heard about have been linked to feminism whether they wanted to or not. There was a push for some in England many years ago, but they were harassed (physically, in media, politically) by feminist groups to the point where they had to shut down. A huge push to shut down a center for victims of domestic abuse, just because the victims were men.
    I know the same happened some while back in Sweden (until they eventually got one open in 2015) and in many other countries.

I agree that MRA's are screwing themselves over by focusing so much attention on feminism, but even for the groups that just try to help people in peace they often get dragged into a battle with feminist groups simply for focusing on men with services that have previously been associated with feminism (rape shelters, domestic abuse help, gender-specific legal counseling, gender-specific interests groups, etc.).

The side isn't innocent by any means, but if we're blaming them for being too attached to feminism, we should recognize that feminism has attached itself to them to sabotage when there's attempts to do some actual good. There's idiots and extremists on both sides, unfortunately only one side seems to have their section of rational well-meaning members taken seriously.
    It certainly feels too mutual, but to just keep this stupid entanglement is hurting them much more. Its better to suck it up and just make the shelters.

7+ Year Old Account
    What's wrong with his avatar?
    Nothing...except it looks like something a kiddie would use. It's got a 'My Little Pony' vibe.

*snipped*

Infracted - Trolling
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2017-04-24 at 06:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing...except it looks like something a kiddie would use.
    You seem to be overcompensating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing...except it looks like something a kiddie would use. It's got a 'My Little Pony' vibe.
    Probably best to not be calling others kiddies while you post on a forum for a rated T video game. Just sayin