Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    Racism is a hell of a thing, isn't it?
    Yes it is. Do you know the most effective way to combat racism? Bring people together. Do you know the most effective way to bring people together? Have them speak the same language.

The idea that people could move to another country entirely and not even integrate with that country to the level where they don't even speak the language is utter insanity to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    uh, who is arguing a single culture is a bad thing necessarily? it's just advantageous to share ideas/goods/customs with other people.
    Retards who don't understand that "The Melting Pot" is the most effective way to combat racism.

Mainly because of "muh cultural appropriation" which is ironic because that just leads to even more racism.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tupimus View Post
    Because communists spread into Western academia. They like to indoctrinate young people. It's easier.
    It's much easier to indoctrinate a monoculture with no different points of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    What's the alternative? Going back to tar and feathering Germans for the horrible crime of speaking German?
    and being german, and having that german beer, and having gorgeous german women... that should be a crime
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Yes it is. Do you know the most effective way to combat racism? Bring people together. Do you know the most effective way to bring people together? Have them speak the same language.

The idea that people could move to another country entirely and not even integrate with that country to the level where they don't even speak the language is utter insanity to me.
    That's because you're from the UK and you speak english. It's easy to get on your high horse about people needing to speak your language.

The most effective way to combat racism is for people to open themselves up to other cultures, and stop being so nationalistic. The answer isn't, "You must conform to us". That's your Imperialist mentality speaking, and that's literally never worked in the history of the world.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

10+ Year Old Account

Exactly this, when i see foreigners in my country, not talking the normal langauge, i feel so well not afraid but upset on how this is acceptable and how normal it is where you go to places where basically you are in a different country even though you still are in your own.

Thing is, if you speak up against it you are seen as racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I agree, but some cultures do not mix as nice and easy as others.
    The problem is not the culture but how integration was handled. I'm going to assume here you are talking about Muslims. Past generations did not care about integration they were a new work force that was needed, this was no different how we handled others in that regard often seeing them as even temporary work forces. It is also important to note that others that integrated to other countries those things didn't happen smoothly either, what is probably what gives the impression that it went great, it didn't.

What took place was they never fully integrated what is a problem which causes can be found on both sides of the discussion, and to keep it really short the problem is not Islam in itself or anything else but their education levels, their backgrounds (can't expect people from wartorn nations to act as we do) and the connection back to the old country and importantly how religion is seen there, it works there but it doesn't work here. If we had a large group of people integrating from let's say Poland to the west and practice christianity how they do there you would see similar conflicts regarding our modern day values. So until we cut the cord with the connection to the old country on several levels we won't see integration happening and despite being conservative i don't believe that assimilation what the far right proposes is a good or even realistic solution.

And before anyone brings in the problem of terrorist attacks that are religious based, the sad truth is, it's not the new generation of immigrants creating that problem but those here for several generations.

In the same way that Diversity is a strength: It isn't, nor has it the capacity or capability to ever be. Unless you actually believe progressive propaganda.

To elaborate, it is not a strength because culture is an iceberg. All the topics like food and holidays, that you see people using as examples as to why they believe it to be a strength, are the part of said iceberg that lies above the water. But bellow that are more sensitive elements like unwritten dress codes, attitudes towards woman, gender roles, etc.

Now what happens should you try to bring two cultural icebergs together, to merge the elements lying above the water? There is conflict between the unseen elements below; they grind and fight against each other, creating only the potential for conflict and stripping away social cohesion and trust.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Exactly this, when i see foreigners in my country, not talking the normal langauge, i feel so well not afraid but upset on how this is acceptable and how normal it is where you go to places where basically you are in a different country even though you still are in your own.

Thing is, if you speak up against it you are seen as racist.
    Why does it bother you? Do you think they are talking about you?

I hate the whole idea that "Diversity is our strength". Its so cheesy and vague. It means absolutely nothing

I read a quote somewhere that was something like "Diversity is not our strength, Decency is our strength".

Its so true. I could care less what color you are or where you are from. If you are a good person, than that is all that matters.

What if there was a pedophile ring consisting of all white men. And then another pedophile ring, consisting of a muslim, a black person, a hispanic and an asian. Does this "diverse" group of pedophiles somehow make it better that they are shitty people? No, of course not.

I just cant stand how people think having a diverse group of people automatically means everything is going to be great. What if they are bad people? What difference does their nationality make? Theres great people from the U.S, and theres shitty people from the U.S. Same with every single country.

It's not too hard to be a decent person - don't kill, rob, rape, and assault people - its pretty simple. Your color of skin has absolutely nothing to do with what you choose to do as a person.
    Last edited by Billy4269; 2017-04-25 at 07:09 PM.

The most effective way to combat racism is for people to open themselves up to other cultures, and stop being so nationalistic.
    Literally the ENTIRE POINT behind multiculturalism is for people NOT to open themselves up to other cultures. The cultures are distinct and separate and don't (and even shouldn't) need to interact.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Why does it bother you? Do you think they are talking about you?
    Usually it feels a bit threatening especially when there is alot of them and when they look at you.
    I just think it's normal to speak the language of the country that you live in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

There's nothing inherently wrong with it, Switzerland and Singapore serving as a fine example that it can work under the right circumstances. Under the right circumstances.

I have 3 main comments on multiculturalism.

1) Just because it may work fine under some certain circumstances doesn't mean that it should be an actively chased goal by the politicians (IMO) and it should - under no circumstances - be state-subsidized as it allows the new arrivals to not integrate into, let alone interact with, the majority culture in the country they emigrate to.

2) There is also, of course, another important factor to be considered and that is secularism or lack of ditto. In Europe, we have developed highly secular nations, arguably the most secular nations on Earth, but the cultures we have recently decided to mix with are not secular and does not consider men and women equal under the law either. It does not take an MIT-degree to figure out that this will at best cause tensions and a difficult phase adaption, at worst all out ghettorization and hostilities.
    Under any circumstance, those politicians deciding to favor multicultural politics have - IMO - a moral obligation to be very aware of this potential bomb and approach the concept of multiculturalism very carefully, and very incrementally with constant and careful evaluation as to not threaten the established order and norms in the host country.

3) Now, I know all the comments "ohh but the food gets better" and "multiculturalism is a mixed salad, you don't want cabbage only right??" are all nice and cute. But to use the salad-example terminology, I would say that compatible cultures is like mixing sugar, water and some flavoring, which creates a nice sweet drink whereas mixing incompatible cultures is more like mixing water and solid elemental lithium - it will blow your toilet to pieces as the lithium dissolves in a violent exothermic reaction.
    So, not all cultures are equal and not all cultures should get 'mixed', IMO.

When it comes to multiculturalism in Europe - from what I have observed around - I am under the impression that our politicians and leaders have not considered any of the three points above, which I consider important, and therefore are in such a mess right now.

Multiculturalism in the US has worked "better" for two reasons:
    1) They exterminated the original cultures of the African captives brought to America and that of the native Americans, thus removing any rival cultures. A very cruel way which they IMO shouldn't have done, but this approach did remove the rivalry between cultures, laying the foundation for an all dominating and supreme European culture. May this crime never happen again.
    2) When newcomers arrived to America, they were/are expected to take care of themselves and become self-sufficient, which means that people coming to America have to play by the rules and respect the law of the land. This means there is a strong American culture to integrate into because not respecting it, or its laws, dooms the immigrants financially.
    Last edited by Pengekaer; 2017-04-25 at 07:17 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Usually it feels a bit threatening especially when there is alot of them and when they look at you.
    I just think it's normal to speak the language of the country that you live in.
    Why? Why do you care what people say in their own discussions?

Let me give you some help: They're not talking about you. You don't matter a lick to them. You're just paranoid and fearful.

That's because you're from the UK and you speak english. It's easy to get on your high horse about people needing to speak your language.

The most effective way to combat racism is for people to open themselves up to other cultures, and stop being so nationalistic. The answer isn't, "You must conform to us". That's your Imperialist mentality speaking, and that's literally never worked in the history of the world.
    eehh... it has worked... every empire that was multicultural, had a official language (latin, spanish, turkish, portugese, english, russian, etc)

Deleted

Literally never worked in the history of the world? The most successful Empires in the history of our planet are Imperialist, bar none. The entire basis of our culture comes from it. Our very language is a remnant of an Imperial power from over 2000 years ago that lasted a Millennia, so get off your fucking high horse about it never working.

As for needing to speak my language, yes, I do expect people who come to my country to learn how to speak to me, because if they don't, how the hell am I suppose to interact with them? Or better yet how the hell are they supposed to interact with the rest of the country?

Yes the most effective way to combat racism is to open yourself up to other cultures, but its a bit fucking hard to do that when you can't even speak to each other.

Retards who don't understand that "The Melting Pot" is the most effective way to combat racism.

Mainly because of "muh cultural appropriation" which is ironic because that just leads to even more racism.
    I'm asking the OP to explain his vague post more. especially where he gets idea people don't prefer having a single culture. but I'm going to assume OP is European or the like where they have multiculturalism*. not the kind Americans are used to.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Literally the ENTIRE POINT behind multiculturalism is for people NOT to open themselves up to other cultures. The cultures are distinct and separate and don't (and even shouldn't) need to interact.
    i thought that multiculturalism was about opening to other cultures, and in a weird blender, you get a new society

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Putricide View Post
    In the same way that Diversity is a strength: It isn't, nor has it the capacity or capability to ever be. Unless you actually believe progressive propaganda.

To elaborate, it is not a strength because culture is an iceberg. All the topics like food and holidays, that you see people using as examples as to why they believe it to be a strength, are the part of said iceberg that lies above the water. But bellow that are more sensitive elements like unwritten dress codes, attitudes towards woman, gender roles, etc.

Now what happens should you try to bring two cultural icebergs together, to merge the elements lying above the water? There is conflict between the unseen elements below; they grind and fight against each other, creating only the potential for conflict and stripping away social cohesion and trust.
    That "conflict" is just a projection of your personal intolerance. Plenty of people don't get upset and hostile when confronted with another culture.

This is pretty thoroughly wrong. Not "2+2=5" wrong. "2+2=platybus bananafort" wrong.

That's...actually completely wrong. Nationalism is for people NOT to open themselves up to other cultures. Multiculturalism is based on being openly accepting, integrating, and respecting other cultures. It absolutely doesn't have any tenants that cultures should be distinct, separate, and never interact.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Deleted
    It is not. At least the history of Eurasia and my country/region proves it. The suffering caused by multiethnic and multcultural Empires and their subsequent collapse in the last 1000 years is immeasurable.

Keep it to yourself, yanks and Canadians.

- - - Updated - - -

Nationalism is for people NOT to open themselves up to other cultures.
    Painful simplification. Nationalism is the core of the Enlightenment’s notion of liberal democracy.