Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla Azshara, it was just kind of there. The only fascinating thing I remember about it was the ginormous gate in that one Furbolg camp. It was like... either a dwarven gate or an old school giant human gate.

I mean, it was pretty and stuff, but I'd seen plenty of elven ruins by that point.
    Last edited by Auxis; 2017-04-26 at 02:03 PM.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Defo the Firelands questing zone (molten Front), i totally forgot about that until the other week and I used to spend months in there!!

I have a feeling Argus will be a similar map to this place

Last edited by MarkTheMadMad; 2017-04-26 at 02:05 PM.

Some alliance zones. I never play as alliance

The only thing I've forgotten is how immersive this game was.

Remembering when I was lvling in classic and how we had to jump continents just to go to the areas that were appropriate for our levels, had to walk miles through opposite faction zones with 40%( or was it 60% ? cant remember) mvt speed mounts just to unlock that flightpath on the other side so I could fly to the nearest boat/zepp ride back to the other continent when i was done. It really took an hour or so just to get through from one end of the continent to the other on mount if you didn't have any connecting flightpath.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    The only thing I've forgotten is how immersive this game was.

Remembering when I was lvling in classic and how we had to jump continents just to go to the areas that were appropriate for our levels, had to walk miles through opposite faction zones with 40%( or was it 60% ? cant remember) mvt speed mounts just to unlock that flightpath on the other side so I could fly to the nearest boat/zepp ride back to the other continent when i was done. It really took an hour or so just to get through from one end of the continent to the other on mount if you didn't have any connecting flightpath.
    I completely agree, I can't say that you'll ever have that feeling again in WoW just because only a few zones are added here and there. But damn back in the day I remember just walking from fucking Mulgore to the Crossroads in the Barrens and you had to go thru the south part of Barrens which was like lvl 20-30s when you were only level 8-10 and it just gave you such a fun feeling.

I loved how every starting race had 2-3 independent leveling zones, and then there were shared leveling zones and then finally a few end game zones. You really could make 3-5 characters and level them all to 60 by taking different paths. Once the expansions were released leveling became much more "cookie cutter" and there were only 1 maybe 2 paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in vanilla/BC I'd say none since I actually spent time out in the world. Since the cata revamp I'd say Desolace, Feralas, and Redridge (always been horde, never quested there).

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I constantly forget about Feralas - I'm unsure why. It can't seem to remain in my memory, and even when I'm thinking of southern Kalimdor there's a hole I just sort of mentally skip over that Feralas would otherwise occupy. Since Cata it's become WoW's version flyover country, there's no need to go there and nothing to really see there except jungle forest and random ruins. The runner-up would be the Borean Tundra, if only because I sincerely want to forget it exists because its layout and overall design are personally infuriating. I hated that zone and everything in it with a fiery passion during the early days of WotLK.
    Borean Tundra was a masterpiece. The fusion of several different types of sub-zones made the whole thing outstanding. Nearly all other zones had one theme to them. But Borean had elven ruins, foggy coastlines, small towns, that terraced water pit thing, a small winter zone with the oculus, the rolling plains, cavernous mountain rage, and that necromancer/plague area. It felt like 5 or 6 mini zones put together, and each questline reflected that.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Deleted
    Does Hrothgar's Landing count? It IS its own zone on the world map. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Badlands: Out of all the zones on this list, this is the one you really don't remember. It's location is simply so incovenient not even the most naïve noob will go there. To reach the zone for leveling you actually have to take a flightpath to it at the end of Eastern Plaguelands or the equivelant. It's most prominent stronghold is 'New Kargath', yeah...
    Really? I love badlands. One of the best revamped cata zones. There's some great story there with Rhea, and The Day Deathwing Came is one of the best mini questlines in the game.

Zones you forgot even existed
    Hmm, can't remember, forgot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Borean Tundra was a masterpiece. The fusion of several different types of sub-zones made the whole thing outstanding. Nearly all other zones had one theme to them. But Borean had elven ruins, foggy coastlines, small towns, that terraced water pit thing, a small winter zone with the oculus, the rolling plains, cavernous mountain rage, and that necromancer/plague area. It felt like 5 or 6 mini zones put together, and each questline reflected that.
    To each their own, I suppose. I just felt like it had no structure and no real theme - like a hodgepodge of different ideas all thrown together without rhyme or reason like refuse cut from the other zones and made into their own garbage scow of a zone. One moment I'm fighting magnataurs outside of the main Horde encampment and the next I'm in transplanted Northrend killing elven vampires. I had to cross a gnomish airfield to get there, and over across the way I see some walrus-people chilling out with the Vrykul. It was a mess.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Really? I love badlands. One of the best revamped cata zones. There's some great story there with Rhea, and The Day Deathwing Came is one of the best mini questlines in the game.
    Yeah I mentioned it earlier. It had a cool questline(Rhea) and the funny one "Day Deathwing came"
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    If I were to describe the purpose of this thread I'd say there isn't one. Give it a purpose for yourself.

I'm here to remind you about zones you forgot even existed. Note: Most of these zones are forgotten in the sense that you didn't even develop nostalgic thoughts about them, good or bad. Desolace f.e. is memorable because it's a forsaken backwater.

- Feralas: This is one of those zones that's just kinda there. Like most zones I'll mention, it's geographic location is simply so incovenient you'd never even accidentaly enter it to reach your destination. It's a beautiful zone, but so forgettable. All I remember was Dire Maul, and even after the Cata revamp I forgot all about it.
    - Zul'drak: A sore eye of wrath, but not as sore as Borean Tundra. It has this ziggurat stairs design to it, but the zone itself is just so skippable. There's no need to even come close to it these days.
    - Townlong Steppes: Never has there been a more tedious tint of green. Dread Wastes was more memorable because it looked like Y'Shaarj puked on it and the quests were memorably unbearable.
    Townlong? I don't even. People will fly over it to get to ToT, but we all forgot it has like 4 islands of the coast that serve absolutely no purpose.
    - The Hinterlands: This one is a shame really. It's such a beautiful zone, but there's nothing there: Aerie Peak and a grove, most people won't even realise the significance of the two.
    - Badlands: Out of all the zones on this list, this is the one you really don't remember. It's location is simply so incovenient not even the most naïve noob will go there. To reach the zone for leveling you actually have to take a flightpath to it at the end of Eastern Plaguelands or the equivelant. It's most prominent stronghold is 'New Kargath', yeah...

A shame I guess. Putting Legion invasions there would've made more sense than Westfall or the Barrens, which are conveniently close to our faction capitals. A way to breath new life into them.
    Badlands, Def badlands.

Well I never truly forgot any zone ever existed, but the ones that i've visited the least in a decade of this game include

- Feralas
    - Ghostlands
    - Stonetalon Mountains
    - Darkshore
    - Winterspring
    - Felwood
    - Bloodmyst Isle
    - Krasarang Wilds
    - Vash'jr
    - Redridge Mountains
    - Duskwood

All of these zones have something in common: They don't have a raid in them that drops a farmable mount or even a good source of tmog, they also aren't in the pathway between your portal and the raid you wish you farm. For example, if you do not have the Onyxia mount, you've been through thousand needles a good couple dozen (or hundred) times as you port from Caverns of Time and fly north.

It is fun to revisit these zones though, I recently went and had a look around Vash'jr again and its just as claustrophobic and disorientating as I remember.

Guess I am the opposite as most people as the ones that keep getting listed here are among my favorites in WoW.

Desolace, Thousand Needles, Silithus.

The reason people seem to dislike these zones are exactly why I like them. They aren't quest dense and festival of perfectly chaining hubs. The zones with more exploration and aesthetic than questquestquest have always been my favorite. I really lends itself to the idea of a wild and open world.

To answer the OP, I think the most "forgettable" to me is Dustwallow Marsh. Every time I hear its name spoken, it takes me a moment to remember which zone that is. I often confuse it with Swamps of Sorrows.
    Last edited by Assumi; 2017-04-26 at 06:15 PM.

silverpine forest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    zuldrak had some great questing but looked like a turd. some of the zones i try to forgot are those that were screwed up by the cataclysm developers such as Stranglethorn Vale, Barrens and thousand needles. Other zones that should be forgotten are; Silithus, Desolace, Swamp of Sorrows, and Stonetalon mountains. the sadly forgotten are zones that the older players remember fondly like Wetlands, Duskwood, Loch Modan, and Feralas. Screw most of the WoD zones because of the short term thinking involved with that whole expansion and screw the ad nauseum of fel green that started in Tanaan jungle and spread like mold in a rain forest to Legion. Deepholm could be filled in with virtual sewage and i would never miss it and Dread wastes is the Tanaan jungle of sha colors, also known as Rorschach copy paste. anyway, end of rant/reminisce.
    STV and thousand needles were ruined by cata, but southern barrens for alliance is mad fun

I realized the other day that it's probably been 10 solid years since I stepped foot in the Bloodmyst Isles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was in outland the other day and completely forgot Bladesedge was a zone. Cool concept

Twilight Highlands. You kinda do that place to hit max level and grind rep then you never really look back. I found the other Cataclysm zones to be more memorable.

Crystalsong Forest too just because there's literally nothing worth interest in the zone other than Dalaran.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.