Poll: And

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Its an opinion, its not whining.
    You are not stating it as an opinion, you are stating it as fact and using an extremely biased poll to try to establish it as fact.

7.2 is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    The underlying question that was asked was if 7.3 would redeem 7.2. My answer is relevant. The poll is stupid.
    If the question was formulated "Do you think 7.3 will redeem 7.2", which was most likely his intention, then the poll options yes and no make perfect sense.
    Do you expect them to make 7.3 a content patch with actual content that outshines other major patches like 5.2 by a mile? Yes or no.
    Do you expect 7.3 to make up for the lack of content in 7.2? Yes or no.

The poll options don't need to be more than yes, no and I quit/dont play the game.

There's plenty of stuff to do and the quality of life improvements were nice, the only problem I have is with the gating of the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    If the question was formulated "Do you think 7.3 will redeem 7.2", which was most likely his intention, then the poll options yes and no make perfect sense.
    Do you expect them to make 7.3 a content patch with actual content that outshines other major patches like 5.2 by a mile? Yes or no.

The poll options don't need to be more than yes, no and I quit/dont play the game.
    Or a 4th option: "I don't think 7.2 needs "redeeming" because its perfectly fine".

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    IMHO nothing will redeem 2.4.3 or 3.3.5a
    What? 2.4.3 needs redeeming? One of the best patches in the history of WoW IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Or a 4th option: "I don't think 7.2 needs "redeeming" because its perfectly fine".
    You think releasing a "big" content patch with no content at all is perfectly fine? Nice "new" zone, nice "story quests". Raid is 7.2.5. 1 Dungeon.
    They have done better before and I just expect them to deliver on par with that or more. Not less!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nospheratu View Post
    It's so funny watching everyone getting confused with patch names, tiers, what belongs where and whatnot.

7.1: First minor content patch (Kara, story continuation)
    7.1.5: Balance patch prior to Nighthold (first tier raid, part of Legion's launch)
    7.2: First major content patch (ToS, hub zone)
    7.2.5: Balance patch prior to ToS (second tier, part of 7.2)

It would also be fair to speculate (using mainly the MoP patching cycle/naming) that 7.3 will not bring a new raid and that will come with 7.4 as the last patch. How their plans for the next expansion are coming along will probably determine this.
    "7.2: First major content patch (ToS, hub zone)"
    "7.2.5: Balance patch prior to ToS (second tier, part of 7.2)"

Here's what's really funny - you just claimed ToS was released in BOTH 7.2 and 7.2.5. Again "Uh..."

ToS is not out so talking about it as part of 7.2 is premature. Do we know (have a blue link) that ToS will release as part of 7.2? By 'as part of' I don't mean the week before 7.2.5 either. People claimed BRF was part of 6.0 because it came out a week or so before 6.1 but come on... it was really a 6.1 thing. Yes, technically it released in the 6.0 cycle but it wasn't part of the game for most of 6.0 so, from the perspective of "when did most people get to play it" it was a 6.1 feature.

Similarly, if we go 12 weeks to get to the end of the story we're in, ToS releases in week 13 and 7.2.5 drops 14 weeks from now then no, ToS was not really part of 7.2. If ToS drops 12 weeks from now and 7.2.5 comes out, say, 8 weeks later? Then we can reasonably say ToS was a 7.2 feature.
    Last edited by clevin; 2017-04-26 at 05:10 PM.

If you don't like the game now then it is doubtful. Part of the downside of 7.2 is it was a lot of small changes to things people might not care about or notice. I liked the weapon skins quests, mythic + Kara, the new broken shore stuff is nice enough, invasions are okay, extra exalted rewards, the class mounts will be nice as well as ToS raid. That still leaves things for others I personally don't care about, but people seem to like, the pet battle dungeon and the addition of the new 5 man dungeon, heroic versions of Kara, CoS and Arcway. If at least some of that isn't appealing to you then Legion or WoW probably isn't for you.

I forgot about the BG changes every other week you can do. Blizzard AB was great.
    Last edited by Alvito; 2017-04-26 at 05:09 PM.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post

Are you a mind reader with the ability to predict with a binary yes/no answer how good a future content patch is? Do you have any oracle-like senses you want to share with us for the good of mankind?

If not, then this poll is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They should rather fix the real inherent issues of PvP which mostly derive from poor class design instead of making silly games for people with no interest in PvP. I mean, even in other games "brawl" gamemodes become boring really quickly.
    I'd be surprised if the class design team is the team designing PvP brawls.

Why does the poll not give me the option to voice my opinion that I don't believe Patch 7.2 needs redemption? If you wan't an honest result, include options for those that are happy with the patch too.

Ye man game's bad. Every patch is flawed. Should probably just not play imo. /s

Stuff to do every day. Whether you choose to do it or not is your fault.

Blizzard has to gate things again to keep crack addicts from burning out in a week or two and saying there's nothing to do
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Poll assumes we know everything (or anything) about 7.3 and that 7.2 needs redeeming, so no point in answering a poll this biased.

Deleted
    There is nothing wrong with 7.2

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    "7.2: First major content patch (ToS, hub zone)"
    "7.2.5: Balance patch prior to ToS (second tier, part of 7.2)"

Here's what's really funny - you just claimed ToS was released in BOTH 7.2 and 7.2.5. Again "Uh..."

ToS is not out so talking about it as part of 7.2 is premature. Do we know (have a blue link) that ToS will release as part of 7.2? By 'as part of' I don't mean the week before 7.2.5 either. People claimed BRF was part of 6.0 because it came out a week or so before 6.1 but come on... it was really a 6.1 thing. Yes, technically it released in the 6.0 cycle but it wasn't part of the game for most of 6.0 so, from the perspective of "when did most people get to play it" it was a 6.1 feature.

Similarly, if we go 12 weeks to get to the end of the story we're in, ToS releases in week 13 and 7.2.5 drops 14 weeks from now then no, ToS was not really part of 7.2. If ToS drops 12 weeks from now and 7.2.5 comes out, say, 8 weeks later? Then we can reasonably say ToS was a 7.2 feature.
    You can spin words any way you like, it doesn't change the fact that this is how the game's developers plan and present the content cycle.

The fact that everything is time-gated to death and ToS will be "opened" weeks after 7.2 release doesn't change the fact that it's part of 7.2, just like NH was part of 7.0. It's been repeated that x.x.5 patches are class balance patches that may contain non-current progression features (micro holidays etc).

The reason it works like this is to get the non-raid content to players without suddenly invalidating the previous tier (Nighthold) before guilds finish it in time.

In any case, that's all semantics and has no impact whatsoever on the actual content itself, which is what makes it funny.
    Last edited by Nospheratu; 2017-04-26 at 05:31 PM.

There's no redeeming to be done, so I voted no
    Epics for show, Greens for the pro

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Uh... what? (see bolded)

ToS is part of 7.2.5 IIRC. So 7.2 itself can't be judged on a raid that's not part of it and not released.
    The patch is called 7.2 Tomb of Sargeras so your statement is incorrect.

Since there's nothing to redeem, my answer would naturally be no.

I expect it to be on the level of 7.1, which was a great medium sized patch.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

7.2 doesn't need redeeming.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll answer on the last day of 7.3 when we can have an actual retrospective.
    IMO there's a poor expectation players have when it comes to patch drops, and part of the fault lies with Blizzard's marketing (7.2 is a systems/data patch, 7.2.5 is the ToS patch).
    But players are used to a patch entailing all sorts of new things to do (and there are), but it also dresses up most of the other things we're already doing.
    In a way, it's like Cataclysm. Sure, the planet was redesigned, but for players who don't care about going back to level, there's a lot of wasted effort.