Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Democrats are winning about as much as Carlos Estevez. Boths conditions appear to be terminal.
    Who said anything about Democrats?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    ...what? Those two things are entirely unrelated. Having a slim pool of people to choose from (which I find hard to believe, during his weeks of revolving door interviews he put on for his supporters there were plenty of vetted, qualified people he interviewed for positions) has nothing to do with an inability to properly vett his appointees.

There is no excuse for getting "blindsided" like this by one of the top advisers to the president, and a man who would be getting some of the highest level security access and briefings. It doesn't matter if you only had 2 people to choose from, this shit doesnt' fly.

Then that's a problem for the Trump camp and their inability to properly vett their appointees...which is literally what I just wrote.

I can't tell if you're trying to defend/excuse the administration or not with this post, but if you are it's not a terribly good job. If you're not, they're still terrible excuses that don't fly in the slightest.
    Well it would help if they followed normal protocols like submittimg tax returns and ethics agreements in a timelt manner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Who said anything about Democrats?
    The Republicans? It's their straw-man. "Pay no attention to what we're doing, just think of the things the Democrats would be doing that we say would be worse!".
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

15+ Year Old Account
    Why the fuck is it so hard to not break the law? You literally have to try to break it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Well it would help if they followed normal protocols like submittimg tax returns and ethics agreements in a timelt manner.
    Guess Tax Return is the new Birth Certificate go to in the political world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    The Republicans? It's their straw-man. "Pay no attention to what we're doing, just think of the things the Democrats would be doing that we say would be worse!".
    A Democrats closet is filled with straw-men. Be careful with those torches...

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Guess Tax Return is the new Birth Certificate go to in the political world..
    If it were only that simple, it would be ironic, and totally deserved punishment, for President Birther Conspiracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well birtherism was manufactured. We know trump didnt submit his tax returns however

Having said that okay sure whatever. 8 years of that shit so you can and should expect some fight. Trump didnt show us his tax return and is also secret hitler who has been colluding with russian agents to undermine the US and also wants to fuck his daugther
    . Is that even for 8 years of the atheist muslim marxist illegal citizen obama? Its a fucking start...

10+ Year Old Account
    If that were the case, Trump would show us his tax returns. Long and short form of course.
    Eat yo vegetables

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    If that were the case, Trump would show us his tax returns. Long and short form of course.
    Rachel Madcow already showed us in her big reveal. You guys were foaming over it in excitement before the reveal. Why not anymore?

10+ Year Old Account
    A Democrats closet is filled with straw-men. Be careful with those torches...
    You're response to my claim of the Republicans using Democrats as straw-men, is that the Democrats have more straw-men? You do understand, that is exactly the kind of straw-man argument I'm claiming are being made?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    Rachel Madcow already showed us in her big reveal. You guys were foaming over it in excitement before the reveal. Why not anymore?
    Current ones please. We need the most up to date information to investiage his collbarations with neo nazis and moscow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Current ones please. We need the most up to date information to investiage his collbarations with neo nazis and moscow
    So the russia-conspiracy theory added nazis in it for a new flavour?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    The name of the fallacy you're looking for is Red Herring

10+ Year Old Account
    So the russia-conspiracy theory added nazis in it for a new flavour?
    Added? Bannon has been in the WH since day 1

7+ Year Old Account
    Presidential candidates have been releasing their tax returns prior to being elected for over 40 years - that's four decades of precedent that Trump turned his orange nose up at.

No candidate has ever been asked to procure a birth certificate to prove his citizenship in the more than 240 years that America has been a country. That is, until the president had black skin, then it was enough of an uncertainty to make the GOP foam at the mouth for 8 years.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Even Fox News is calling the lack of cooperation from the White House a cover up. It took Nixon 6 years to be impeached. We might be looking at 6 months with this idiot, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Taking Not Getting it to a whole new level.

Tax return release is common practice for Presidential Nominees. Fyi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Even Fox News is calling the lack of cooperation from the White House a cover up. It took Nixon 6 years to be impeached. We might be looking at 6 months with this idiot, lol.
    Your link will just be ignored because it's Shepard Smith.

He's "Not a true conservative" according to some.

7+ Year Old Account
    The tax documents were several pages from his 2005 tax returns. The story here was not the "ties & collusion" Dems have been hoping to glean from his more current returns. The story was about how much, or how little, he stood to pay and how that provides insight to his agenda re: tax reform (Source)

INSKEEP: OK. So he paid 25 percent of his income in taxes. What's the big deal here?

JOHNSTON: Well, he paid 24. But he would have paid 35 percent if it wasn't for this $103 million of negative income, presumably from a tax shelter that Congress shut down but let people who had already bought it keep. He actually would have paid less than 3.5 percent - his regular federal income tax, 3.5 percent, which is lower than the rate paid by the poorest half of Americans.
    The only reason Trump paid 24% is because of something called the Alternative Minimum Tax. The individual alternative minimum tax (AMT) operates alongside the regular income tax. It requires many taxpayers to calculate their liability twice—once under the rules for the regular income tax and once under the AMT rules—and then pay the higher amount. Originally intended to prevent perceived abuses by a handful of the very rich, it now affects almost 5 million filers.

Trump has indicated that he wants to abolish the AMT. If he does this, he and others like him will be able to avoid billions if not trillions in taxes.
    Last edited by vondevon; 2017-04-26 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Shepherd Smith is the only actual journalist on Fox, he's the only one who calls shit like it is and doesn't shill hard like the rest of the Fox anchors (who don't do news like Smith does, per Fox themselves!).

He's literally the only person I can think of at Fox that I respect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Why the fuck is it so hard to not break the law? You literally have to try to break it.
    I'm willing to bet a very large amount of money you've broken the law at some point. Jaywalking is probably something you've done, for instance.

However, I'm sure that wasn't your point -- which is that laws like THIS are not broken accidently. Maaaaaaaaybe in ignorance, but someone like Flynn would not be ignorant of these laws.

- - - Updated - - -

Because that wasn't a tax return. That was 2 pages that didn't give any details which would be relevant to the reasons why people want to see his tax returns. And, as stated, they need to be recent to be relevant.

If nothing else, the fact he's pushing a tax structure reform nearly demands an explanation to ensure he's not doing so to pocket the money from it. Which, without his taxes, we have no way of knowing.

The fact that people are arguing for LESS transparency after complaining for 8 years about transparency under Obama is mind numbing hypocrisy.