Thread: DH Flight Form

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

DH Flight Form

Everytime an illidari npc comes to my aid on the broken shore, I watch enviously as they bound into the sky when they depart. Does anyone else wish that instead of a bat mount they would just allow us to use our own wings to fly?

Quote Originally Posted by Cove210 View Post
    Everytime an illidari npc comes to my aid on the broken shore, I watch enviously as they bound into the sky when they depart. Does anyone else wish that instead of a bat mount they would just allow us to use our own wings to fly?
    I mean, we already have meta forms that have big wings. Seems stupid to disallow flying around with our demon wings outside of making a 'flight form' unique to druids.

that would be awesome to fly in our demon form

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    only makes sense

that would be awesome! I hope blizz hear us.

Ever since I saw how badass meta form was, I wanted to have it for flying.

Also, check out how you land from a jump in meta form---It's so freakin' cool! You use your wings to brace the fall. Perfect for coming out of flying.

Yep. I posted a few times in the main "DH mount" threads both on here and the official forums saying that. I think a bunch of other people have too.

It just makes sense that we'd have a flight ability either in addition to or in place of a class mount. I mean, druids have an inherent flight form because they can turn into a bird. We literally *HAVE WINGS*. Even in Boomkin form they get that dumb "Flap" ability.

There should be a default ability that is either instant cast (prefered) or takes as long as a mount cast, 1.5 seconds, that sprouts our wings out and enabled flight. It doesn't have to put us in Meta form, but they could always add a glyph for that.

I'm sure Blizzard has either thought of this or has seen at least one post suggesting it, so clearly there's a reason why they won't do it... I just can't guess what it is. I honestly feel like they already put time into making the mount and thus don't want that to go to waste, but why can't we have both?! The wings already exist, it won't take any new art, all they'd have to do is add some basic "flap" animation and that I think that might even already exist for NPCs!

Blizzard actually talked about this at one point and said that initially the plan was using wings to fly, but they changed their mind and settled on gliding instead of flying.

Yes, it should do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    Yep. I posted a few times in the main "DH mount" threads both on here and the official forums saying that. I think a bunch of other people have too.

It just makes sense that we'd have a flight ability either in addition to or in place of a class mount. I mean, druids have an inherent flight form because they can turn into a bird. We literally *HAVE WINGS*. Even in Boomkin form they get that dumb "Flap" ability.

There should be a default ability that is either instant cast (prefered) or takes as long as a mount cast, 1.5 seconds, that sprouts our wings out and enabled flight. It doesn't have to put us in Meta form, but they could always add a glyph for that.

I'm sure Blizzard has either thought of this or has seen at least one post suggesting it, so clearly there's a reason why they won't do it... I just can't guess what it is. I honestly feel like they already put time into making the mount and thus don't want that to go to waste, but why can't we have both?! The wings already exist, it won't take any new art, all they'd have to do is add some basic "flap" animation and that I think that might even already exist for NPCs!
    been a long time since i played monk but they have(had?) this zen flight i think it was called.. where they could float around on a cloud only it wasn't as fast as regular flying mount.. i'd be down with something like that just for the novelty of it.. i mean the bat is pretty badass and i do want it so that could be a compromise.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    been a long time since i played monk but they have(had?) this zen flight i think it was called.. where they could float around on a cloud only it wasn't as fast as regular flying mount.. i'd be down with something like that just for the novelty of it.. i mean the bat is pretty badass and i do want it so that could be a compromise.
    Yep, I remember Zen Flight. It was super slow but I remember at some point I couldn't fly but could use that, either due to level or whatever.

Still around...you have to buy the skill from the Monk Quartermaster.

Let's be honest...the only reason they don't do this is they want druids to keep their precious flying.

I mean hell...even Illidan flies in the Cathedral dungeon at the end
    Or if not flies "jumps up and stays up there a long time handling the air"

Yeah, ever since the release of DH and announcement of class mounts, I hoped they would add fly form for DH. Not only druids, but for example worgen too, can turn into their mount (at least ground one). I don't care if it was regular 1,5s cast and had same restrictions as a regular fly mount, it really should. But majority of the assets for it are already in game and I would be fine with the bat we're getting going as some loot from boss on mythic, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    I mean hell...even Illidan flies in the Cathedral dungeon at the end
    Or if not flies "jumps up and stays up there a long time handling the air"
    Exactly, this is even more frustrating, as Illidan literaly says "I'm gonna take to the skies" and jumps up and flies to fight the bats.

Well, it's the same principle as with the Transformed Adepts that manage to stay in Metamorphosis permanently (ADEPTS!).

So basically, they're better than you at that aswell.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a druid myself, I think this should be a thing, the NPC's can use their wings to fly, I don't see any good reason you DH's can't =/

Blizzard response to that was that even Illidan didn't use his wings for Long flights. He just hovered most of the time.

i think it would be cool, even if it was just a glyph just like this monk one that lets him levitate while meditatin or something like that(don't really remember how it works) at slow flight speed.

two problems with that is that our Regular model doesn't have wings all the time and blizzard stated that they tried putting wings on our regular forms but it didn't worked pretty good on animations. Meaning we would have to be on Metamorphosis when on Flight form. Which makes the second problem: Vengeance Metamorphosis doesn't have wings and even their glide animation is clearly someone at blizzard being too lazy to give it a real Glide animation and just using the Falling animation with a lame aura.

So, i think it would be kinda cool i guess. But don't see it coming anytime soon. And i would rather have a rework on our Vengeance Metamorphosis(The form itself is pretty awesome, but it feels very Beta. No weapons, same combat animation for everything, glide is a joke) than anything else.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

I would love to see this introduced into the game at some point! But I think we may already be up there with all our ''cool points'' for them to make extra effort to bring a flight form to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I'm sure Blizzard has either thought of this or has seen at least one post suggesting it, so clearly there's a reason why they won't do it... I just can't guess what it is
    They want druids to have a monopoly on herbs. They are, after all, foresty.
    <Progress> - Firemaw EU

Quote Originally Posted by Cove210 View Post
    Yep! So, so much ! Even the illidari Murlock can fly >.<

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Quote Originally Posted by fjeenzy View Post
    They want druids to have a monopoly on herbs. They are, after all, foresty.
    but sky golems :/

seriously though. Anything that could herb that isnt a sky golem would be great blizz I am so sick of that damn mount.