Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Does anyone else feel like they can't keep up?

I don't have a ton of time to play, an hour or two per day, and for the first time ever in this game, I just feel like it's impossible to keep up.
    I'm not even close to hitting the required rep, still need a ton of stuff for Pathfinder 1, but that's not even the worst part.
    The worst part is people's super exclusionary mindset that you suddenly need 900+ to complete a +4. Just a few months ago we ran +4 with 850. And go figure the raiding scene... "Link curve" and please over-gear the content you're trying to do by 20 ilvl. It's like... what?
    My ret paladin, and only character, is sitting at 895 and does perfectly respectable damage, but I can literally spend half an hour in the queue before getting into a dungeon group higher than a +2, an hour or two for a raid that likely falls apart after the first two wipes. So what is there to do? Grind WQ's until I get 910 drops in all slots while everyone else progress to 925 via high dungeons and raids and then face the same problem? Is anyone else experiencing this?

Yeah, it's an mmo and it requires an investment of time, etc., and I'm certainly not looking for pity, but I'm wondering if I'm the only person feeling this.

Deleted
    I quit raiding after I cleared HC EN. I used to be invited to every group at the start of Legion because I had 2 legendaries and got lucky with 850 procs.

Now I'm 895, I don't actually bother with Mythic+ or raiding anymore, but every group indeed requires 900+ ilvl for the reason to carry the leader.

If you want to access this content, just make your own groups. Set your own requirements.

If anything is hard to keep up with for me, it's maintaining all three specs with decent gear. If you farm Mythic+ all the time, it's not an issue really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    I don't have a ton of time to play, an hour or two per day, and for the first time ever in this game, I just feel like it's impossible to keep up.
    The big failure of WoW's current design is to make people feel like they have to "keep up" with something, rather than just being able to enjoy whatever time they spend in the game. I don't remember ever feeling like I needed to "keep up" in vanilla. Just because someone else was raiding didn't make my low level dungeon experience any worse.

The worst part is people's super exclusionary mindset that you suddenly need 900+ to complete a +4. Just a few months ago we ran +4 with 850.
    It's not "exclusionary", it's optimization. People want to maximize their performance and minimize the time it takes. An obvious way to do that is to take the best geared players into their groups. Nobody in WoW is under any obligation to provide a group for you, everyone is free to create any kind of group their like.

play a tank or a healer, I promise you'll get groups (that or find a guild/group to play with regularly)

the real issue here is just that (as always) DPS are a dime a dozen; why take a 895 guy when you can take one who's 905?

Deleted
    A big reason behind this design philosophy is the "There's nothing to do in this game!" complaints that were all over the forums in WoD. We even had threads here on mmo-champion asking others for suggestions on what to do, and everyone's response of what they did on an average day was typically the same, log in, do garrison missions, log out.

Legion's focus has been to make sure we always have something to do for this reason, which I think is fine. That people who ask for 900+ for content that doesn't require it is not at all surprising, it's always been like that. They want to ensure a quick and smooth run with no wipes, since you can never trust a pug, but you can to some degree trust their gear.

The solution is to find friends or a guild with a similar mindset to your own and create your own groups.

This was noticeable from the start of the expansion, i noticed it around when HC EN released since i already had 2 slots with gear better than HC EN, and i am not interested in raiding Mythic.

Usually i would have unsubbed by now and sub again mid X.2 patch, catch up, unsub, play x.3 patch etc.

Since i noticed that because of AP and the whole Titanforged thing it would be impossible to catch up in a manner i deem "proper" so that my character isnt useless that is.

Thats why i raid 3(6) hours a week (6 isnt always hence in brackets) with a casual guild, pug the rest when i have free time and do around to 5-6 WQ per day including emmisary that provide AP so in total like 2+4 or something to stay up to speed, World Quests usually took less than 30mins, now they take less than 15m cause of flying.

I barely do any M+ too, more like 1-2 per 2 weeks if i bother, and maybe 3/7 times a week my daily heroic which usually lasts ~10mins.

I would guess i play around to 15h minimum a week and around 25 tops when i feel like grinding some AP and thats since December, i put it in more time before that for sure since i would grind ALL AP World quests which would take a couple of hours each day and a few M+.

I am 906 (902) equipped etc etc.

Its all about what you deem acceptable for your character and how far you wanna progress as to where you stop or push.

You want to do more OP but the fact you didnt sacrifice a bit more time doesnt allow you, thats mostly because of the community but not the game itself though.

Problem is, you need to accept community sucks ass, so either you find a casual environment to raid and keep up, or you push to play a few more hours so you can play when it matters, its pretty much what i do.

I sacrifice a few hours of my life per week, to make sure when the next patch is out i will be fine with pugs etc etc.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-04-27 at 09:27 AM.

Minus Suramar, Pathfinder One just passively happens. Part Two was extremely fast to spite looking like it would take quite awhile initially. And I'm not having any problems getting into any M+ that I can do the DPS for. Personally, I'm not comfortable over +6 ATM. Haven't been spending very much time playing at all, either. An hour or two every few days? You're Item Level is higher than mine, too. Seen a few carry groups asking for 900, though. But those are people just looking to blitz through as rapidly as possible. Most groups that I've seen are still asking for around 840 to 850, depending on what Mythic+ you're looking at. 840 for like the base +0, and 850 by +2-3. 870 for 5-6? So I dunno, with only one character, keeping up should be easy. Juggling multiple characters this time feels really difficult to do, though.

My S.O. has 3 characters she's actively playing. All roughly equal and getting into groups similar to what I get into. (With only playing a bit more often than I do.) But we're in the U.S.? Are you in the E.U. or something maybe? I dunno how things are over there, so if you are, that'd invalidate any opinion I could have on it.

I feel you, i stepped down from raiding 2 mths back, i was 894 back then, getting into any m+ was fast, sometimes instant.

Now i got lucky with drops in Heroic NH so i am sitting at 900 equipped. I no longer get any invites in to any m+, even a +5. I was kicked from a +8 because a 910 DK joined, so i made my own groups, i gave people a chance, i got in the 890s and 880s to do a +5 and they screw it up.

3 times in a row i depleted my keys by giving people the benefit of doubt, even had a healer who only healed with flash of light with the grievous affix in a +8 Maw. It's getting real boring and depressing, and since i have no luck with Heroic Titanforged, gg to my ilvl.

And the AP system, my god... i got fire and frost to 44 and i'm already getting burnt out, 83mil AP to the next trait and dont get me started on the Legendary system. I want to play a new class, explore a little but when i think of the AP/Class quests to unlock the 3rd relic and gearing followers for mission table gear AND legendary RNG, i gave up.

I find myself logging in lesser as the weeks go by, i still want to play but i just don't have that "i should play some wow today!" kind of feeling.

I feel the same way. Working 48 hours a week overnight and trying to take care of my dog/ spend time with my girlfriend, while also finding time to sleep, and make raid nights is hard enough. add to that the amount of dailies i have to do to not fall too far behind every one else and it literally makes it so i don't have time for a second hobby. i can't imagine if i had kids i wouldn't be able to play at all. don't get me wrong I'm happy there's a ton of content, but making all of the content reward more power seems to be the biggest flaw in legion's design. I'm starting to think either gating the artifact weapons or offering cosmetic rewards for grinds would have been a much better option than offering potential upgrades or AP for literally everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrair View Post
    Now i got lucky with drops in Heroic NH so i am sitting at 900 equipped. I no longer get any invites in to any m+, even a +5. I was kicked from a +8 because a 910 DK joined, so i made my own groups, i gave people a chance, i got in the 890s and 880s to do a +5 and they screw it up.

3 times in a row i depleted my keys by giving people the benefit of doubt, even had a healer who only healed with flash of light with the grievous affix in a +8 Maw. It's getting real boring and depressing, and since i have no luck with Heroic Titanforged, gg to my ilvl.
    And this is the problem with the game.

Saw 2 days ago that the average item level of the people actively playing, around 1.5m from whoever the Battle.net API allows to check that the average ilvl of everyone is 889.

So its acceptable for anyone to ask 890 for any content at this point in 7.2

The problem is, ilevel does not reflect ability to play and keep up with stuff.

Thats why you set the bar higher to keep it as clean as possible, it doesnt reflect the skill of everyone, but it saves you some times really.

As example i would always get the 915 Mage on the Group finder when i am doing my raids over anyone else, cause in order for him to have this item level means he is raiding Mythic, he wont fuck up my HC run.

Most people follow this mentality really, not much you can do, but you end up to this mentality after getting screwed over many times that is.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-04-27 at 09:39 AM.

Yeah, so I quit. I'm up for three nights of raiding a week. Th rest of the week I want to do things outside of WoW. The AP grind just knocked all the fun out of the game for me. It got to the point where my raid team was moaning about people on [less than they have] points. Fuck it.

So you prefer complaining about spending hours in queues because of high requirements set by players instead of creating your group?

Casual logic...

Deleted
    In your hour or two a day, you can make your own group. It is much faster then trying to join spmeone elses groups.
    Question is: why dont you make your own group , be it raid or m+ group?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Yeah, so I quit. I'm up for three nights of raiding a week. Th rest of the week I want to do things outside of WoW. The AP grind just knocked all the fun out of the game for me. It got to the point where my raid team was moaning about people on [less than they have] points. Fuck it.
    Your raid team obviously gone ahead, so you and others like you simply dont belong to that group anymore. Simple as that.
    I left my raid group and joined more progressed one, since thats the level Im playing atm. Suggest you do the same.

I cannot stand the AP grind and stopped playing wow 3 months ago because of it. Between AK and an AP I felt like a hamster on a wheel. It was fun at first when the content was new, but now it is just tedious.

I too can't spend lots of time playing. Two hrs a day, occasionally bit more if weekend. But can't say I'm falling behind much. Pathfinder p1 i made fairly quick when i decided to actually do it. Part two I achieved 2 or 3 days after very first announcements that people had already achieved it. It's just a matter of goals. I knew what requirements are necessary for that so I worked toward them beforehand, as much as I could. So when part 2 was unlocked all I missed was rep.

And as for req. ilvl for anything - old as WoW itself. During WotLK people demanded HC 25 LK title for regular pug. And back then gear score dictated who gets an invite. People demanded far overgeared people so the run could be done as fast as possible. Today's requesting ilvl 900 for a +2 is nothing new. Just wait heroic/mythic 25 achi requests for normal pugs argus.

Iam just a LFR hero now

I gave up on competitive raiding cause it was too stressful plus playing a game on raid night when i would much prefer to do other things and the excitment of downing a boss just for a pair of bracers has long stopped for me.

I still play wow but i find being a casual doing older stuff on my own is much more for me now

There is almost nothing to do and you can't keep up? I... I don't know how you manage to do that..

Also, make your own group if you get declined so often.

The worst part is people's super exclusionary mindset that you suddenly need 900+ to complete a +4. Just a few months ago we ran +4 with 850. And go figure the raiding scene... "Link curve" and please over-gear the content you're trying to do by 20 ilvl. It's like... what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Meiffert View Post
    As to why the required ilvl in many groups is so extremely high:

A big misconception is that required ilvl (by the group leader) has anything to do with the difficulty of the content (as in - this raid is doable in 860).
    Those two concepts have almost no correlation at all.

Instead, it's a simple supply/demand scenario:
    If the group leader can get enough players in a reasonable timeframe with a certain ilvl requirement, he will set at least that.

Example:
    (with required ilvl of)
    - 920, your group only gets 2 applicants after waiting for an hour; the group will never form
    - 915, the group will form, but because of people losing interest/patience, it will take 1-2 hours to get a full group
    - 910, your group will fill in 5-10 minutes
    - 900, the group will fill in a minute
    - 8xx, same as 900

Under these circumstances, it makes the most sense to require between 900 (for very easy content, such as m+3 dungeon) - 910 (for harder content like heroic raids).
    The fact that 850 should be enough to do the m+3 is completely irrelevant.
    As for the rest of your post, the only advice I have for you is to find a guild or some friends to play with. Best way to do dungeons or some easier raiding.
    Unfortunately, for higher-end progression raiding, schedule is likely to be required. The content is not designed to be progressed in PuGs.

All you people complaiining now have foresight juat as bad as blizzard apparently. WoD with all the pruned gear customization a d mass injection of rng past warforge that i hoped would leave qith qod got worse. I quit when hfc launched and a couple days later they showed us Legion. And the paragon levels. Random legendarys the titanforge with ilvl ranges so spastic you wish you only had warforge to pray for instead.

I laughed so fucking hard at the catastrophy that was coming and sure enougj the results were worse than anything i could have imagined. All three are a complete and absolute nightmare to keep you playing 24/7 like a slave. And with exponwntial growth and staggering of content they just string you along for montha now

Absolute fuxking joke of a company Blizzard has become

My advice to you is to quit and stop jumping through their hoops to play a video game ran by one of the m9st out of touch development teams in the industry at the moment.

This is the team that brought you wod
    Thia is the team that brought you legions aqful systems
    This is the team that gutted customization of gear
    This is the team that mass pruned classes
    This is the team that added more rng to ita mmo reqard structure than diablo 3
    This is the company that introduced the hilarious ilevel scaling
    This is the company 5hat us stringing you along a shallow questline for 3 months.

Ita not going to get better. Its go8ng to get worse because with each major update they prove how out of touch and lack of forethought exists. Fucking absolute morons.dB
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-04-27 at 10:47 AM.

I'm not even close to hitting the required rep, still need a ton of stuff for Pathfinder 1, but that's not even the worst part.
    My ret paladin, and only character, is sitting at 895 and does perfectly respectable damage, but I can literally spend half an hour in the queue before getting into a dungeon group higher than a +2, an hour or two for a raid that likely falls apart after the first two wipes. So what is there to do? Grind WQ's until I get 910 drops in all slots while everyone else progress to 925 via high dungeons and raids and then face the same problem? Is anyone else experiencing this?

Yeah, it's an mmo and it requires an investment of time, etc., and I'm certainly not looking for pity, but I'm wondering if I'm the only person feeling this.
    it's pretty simple you have my same problem you don't have enough time to play required to do certain activity, I've completely discarged organized raiding/dungeon and do only lfr/random/wq, i do them with my time schedules and have 0 pressure to drop legs/farm ap/ be exalted cap profession etc.

You need to evaluate if that kind of gameplay suit you or if you don't enjoy it then wow is probably not a game for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.