Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the spells taken from warlocks were spells demon hunters had that were given to warlocks because "eh no demon hunters coming"
    demon hunters had immolation, aura, and metamorph, spells that were given to warlock cause "eh no demon hunters" and were taken back when they were added

also the "dark metamorph" is literally just what metamorph was... but they made it dark to lok scarier
    tell me what spells demon hunters took from warlocks that were not demon hunter spells in warcraft 3 (now i know they have immolation aura instead of immolate, but warlocks kept immolate, so they traded off immolation aura instead)
    - - - Updated - - -

look below, demon hunters had mana burn, immolate, and metamorph, evasion aswell
    Huh...well, good call. Still, despite the history of WC3, Warlocks in WoW had a decade to get established as a WoW class before DHs came along. Maybe that sucks for DHs, but it still didn't leave them enough for 3 full specs. Every other class has 3, and druids get FOUR. But Demon Hunters? Blizzard is just like "eh...we CBF to come up with a 3rd spec". Doesn't that strike you as odd? I know it made the class seem a little more lackluster to me.

I wonder what that means for any future classes Blizzard adds to the game? Are they only going to get two specs? One?

the tank spec is fun, the dps one with that rush thing is annoying
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Huh...well, good call. Still, despite the history of WC3, Warlocks in WoW had a decade to get established as a WoW class before DHs came along. Maybe that sucks for DHs, but it still didn't leave them enough for 3 full specs. Every other class has 3, and druids get FOUR. But Demon Hunters? Blizzard is just like "eh...we CBF to come up with a 3rd spec". Doesn't that strike you as odd? I know it made the class seem a little more lackluster to me.

I wonder what that means for any future classes Blizzard adds to the game? Are they only going to get two specs? One?
    Well you can tank blizzard for not adding a 3rd possibly ranged spec for demon hunters, then their population would really explode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are keeping me subscribed, so yeah I do

- - - Updated - - -

On the topic of 2 specs, I really wish they created a third spec that had to do with Soul eating or whatever like Allari. They would use scythes instead of Glaives.

Though.. That might just make them warlocks

Quote Originally Posted by Rivux View Post
    Don't understand who can find a 4 button DPS spec fun
    So...like every other DPS spec in the game?

Legion really trimmed down every spec so nearly every spec has a base of maybe 4-5 core abilities with talents or the Artifact giving them an extra button up to maybe 6-7 core abilities.

OT: Yes I enjoy them, I play Vengeance and the nigh immortality of the spec while questing and leveling are insane along with how satisfying the gap closing/ movement is in general. I found myself dying on other classes more often than I'd like due to trying to double-jump/ glide to places only to fall to my death

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Well you can tank blizzard for not adding a 3rd possibly ranged spec for demon hunters, then their population would really explode.
    Maybe more of a magic-based spec? I know in the Illidan book he's explained to be just as much a master of the arcane as he is of melee combat. Some of his disciples had to have followed up that aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Halefire94 View Post
    On the topic of 2 specs, I really wish they created a third spec that had to do with Soul eating or whatever like Allari. They would use scythes instead of Glaives.

Though.. That might just make them warlocks
    Could have made that into a healer-type spec maybe? Hmm...not really sure how well that would fit the whole "Rrrr! Anger! Angst! Kill all the things!" theme of DHs tho. That's probably the wall Blizzard ran into in the first place.

7+ Year Old Account
    no, i dislike melee classes.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account

the thing is everyone wanted demon hunters, and they are interesting, their lore is huge, but their capabilities in combat are very very few. demon hunter really should have been a 4th spec for warlocks instead of its own class... like how demon hunters were a glyph for demo locks for mop
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    I like demon hunters ......in my belly.
    /thread

Playing? Not really.
    Fighting against? Hell no.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

the thing is everyone wanted demon hunters, and they are interesting, their lore is huge, but their capabilities in combat are very very few. demon hunter really should have been a 4th spec for warlocks instead of its own class... like how demon hunters were a glyph for demo locks for mop
    Hmm...I don't know if that would have worked as a 4th spec for locks. Warlocks have their own lore going back to the whole corrupting influence of demon blood on orcs. There's actually a fair amount of similarity between how the Orcs were corrupted with demon blood and how DHs are "corrupted" by a demon soul. But I'm not sure if it's close enough to justify putting them all under the same umbrella.

From a gameplay and game-mechanics standpoint I completely agree. But from a lore perspective it would seem VERY strange. Are there any Nelf warlocks in the lore? Are there any Orc demon hunters? I know orcs have a bit of un-tapped potential in the game with Blademasters. They also tend to wear blindfolds and run around without a shirt on, just like Demon Hunters. But would that be enough? I don't know. Maybe someone with more knowledge of the lore can answer that.

I liked them for the first couple months but i got real bored with them . I only ever pop on mine to do world bosses . They were ok for getting around , especially High Mountain but now I dont need them because of flying.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

They are fun for sure.
    Only playing mine as an alt though.

Yeah I agree but still meta belonged to warlocks in vanilla and people will all ways know that demon hunters stole it but Yeah

the spells taken from warlocks were spells demon hunters had that were given to warlocks because "eh no demon hunters coming"
    demon hunters had immolation, aura, and metamorph, spells that were given to warlock cause "eh no demon hunters" and were taken back when they were added

also the "dark metamorph" is literally just what metamorph was... but they made it dark to lok scarier
    tell me what spells demon hunters took from warlocks that were not demon hunter spells in warcraft 3 (now i know they have immolation aura instead of immolate, but warlocks kept immolate, so they traded off immolation aura instead)
    - - - Updated - - -

look below, demon hunters had mana burn, immolate, and metamorph, evasion aswell
    I love your arguments, you always win. Solid facts though.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Deleted
    not really, don't find the class that fun to play. It was fun to play at first due to the mobility and stuff, but after a while it got stale.

boring to play and their mobility needs to be neutered in pvp

10+ Year Old Account
    It's alright, dps specs pretty fragile and annoying to play, tank specs good though. If it had another race tied to it is probably play it more, because elves suck.
    #boycottchina

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    I love your arguments, you always win. Solid facts though.
    <3
    thank you~!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taygames View Post
    Yeah I agree but still meta belonged to warlocks in vanilla and people will all ways know that demon hunters stole it but Yeah
    demon hunters owned meta in warcraft three though, so warlocks stole it from them, aswell as mana burn and immolation aura
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Every other class has 3, and druids get FOUR. But Demon Hunters? Blizzard is just like "eh...we CBF to come up with a 3rd spec". Doesn't that strike you as odd? I know it made the class seem a little more lackluster to me.

I think it falls in line with their design philosophy for the current expansion - emphasizing class fantasy. Hunters, Warlocks and Rogues had their specs changed to fit their identities better. I'm sure if they could, they would remove some specs entirely, like some of the 'redundant' pure DPS specs. It's hard to remove anything that people have already become familiar with though, like taking away Boomkin spec or taking out one of the Rogue specs.

This game has too many specs as it is, but still plenty of classes to explore. I think having a 2-spec class is fine. Even Death Knights technically don't need a Blood Spec to fulfill their class fantasy; that's always been more of a Dreadlord thing anyways. They could have kept Frost the tanking spec and get rid of dual wielding altogether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.