Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Kick other people from random groups, no matter what reason you have. You are toxic. Or just don't use this shit. LFD/LFR are all toxic.
    No. Realm hopping is toxic and it is wasting slot for someone who actually wants to do the quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    WQGF is the same for me...I always had it in manual mode and it has worked beautifully for months.
    I didn't even realise there was an automatic mode, I did notice the horrendous lag I would often get trying to loot mobs and such though.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Pressing one button to instantly find a group is much quicker than manually finding a group.
    Pushing one button seems to work fine in the default system, when you go into a WQ area - you press the green button.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I knew they would break that addon. Just another reason not to re sub. Was a fantastic addon. Rip.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Auto-grouping addons are a good example of when too much convenience becomes detrimental to the overall experience. Just another chip removed from the near-dead social aspect of the game.
    The social aspect was as much as players made it.
    I don't use such an addon.
    I do world quests on my own for the most part, except for those I cannot.
    Sometimes I get an invite, and help someone.

Players choose convenience over interaction.
    It was in decline long before the group finder addons.
    The solution of a guild being paraded around long before then.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    I am so happy that Blizzard broke this add on!!!!!! For a long time solo players have been using this cheating add on to find groups and since its sooo damn efficient literally everyone I know uses it. This killed actual group content. I hated it and always try and find a few randoms to go out and quest with for a good hour but it was sooo hard to find a single person to quest with.. kinda sad huh it is WoW. Now if you want to solo quests you can go on ahead and if you want someone to do them with start a " CACHE GROUP" OR a "BROKEN SHORE WQ" group and knock em down )
    It didn't get broken just needs you to click some extra buttons. How is it cheating?

So addon didnt break for me. What did break then, no server hopping with server hop addon?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    So addon didnt break for me. What did break then, no server hopping with server hop addon?
    Probably broke for people using it on full auto.
    I've had it on the "Ask" mode ever since I had several spawned bosses disappear before my eyes, just because I got auto-inserted into a group.
    Last edited by Ooshraxa; 2017-04-28 at 10:04 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    I am so happy that Blizzard broke this add on!!!!!! For a long time solo players have been using this cheating add on to find groups and since its sooo damn efficient literally everyone I know uses it. This killed actual group content. I hated it and always try and find a few randoms to go out and quest with for a good hour but it was sooo hard to find a single person to quest with.. kinda sad huh it is WoW. Now if you want to solo quests you can go on ahead and if you want someone to do them with start a " CACHE GROUP" OR a "BROKEN SHORE WQ" group and knock em down )
    You're that guy who spams local chat for an hour looking for a WQ group and then starts spewing vulgarity when no one invites you aren't you!

WQGF isn't a cheat it just makes it easier to find a group looking to do a group WQ without scrolling through 30 premades with 1 or 2 players in it and find a real group and not some guy who made a premade and never accepts anyone. Why the hell would we want everyone creating a new premade looking for members instead of joining one that is already forming on an other linked server?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    A shame they didn't actually break it, it clutters up the group finder tool horribly.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    It's kinda broken for me. Any time I click on a world quest to try and find a group, it will give this error:

[WQGF] An error has occured when trying to create a new group finder entry. Please retry.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Butthurt probable Chinese gold farmer affected by this add-on because WQGF's main existence, aside from ease of grouping for WQs, was to tackle the parasitic realm hoppers issue that plagued groups in WoD...

For what content do people use this automatic groupfinder thing? Legion has quests that are only doable as a group?
    I only searched for a group while doing quests once and that was to get the new artifact traits because the mobs needed for the quests weren't there for some reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you have a world quest that involves, say for example killing 15 mobs and clicking 4 harpoons, or filling a blue bar etc, these quests are done so much quicker with 5 people tagging and killing more mobs in a shorter time. Reduces competition against other mobs too, it sucks when you go to an area with very few mobs as someone already killed them all. Joining a group phases you to their realm, so you don't have to wait for respawns.

It's not required, and it's not because people CANNOT solo the world quests, it is used because it is far quicker to complete quests in a group of 5 that solo. We've been doing world quests for 8 month, sometimes we just want them over with to get the rewards and will take the quicker route.

Have people never taken the quickest route through their 4 embassy quests just to get the box? You don't go out of your way to pick that stupid quest 6000 yards away from all the other quests just because it's a more fun quest.

Deleted
    Not sure if breaking it was a good thing. Why not optimize group finder instead?

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Butthurt probable Chinese gold farmer affected by this add-on because WQGF's main existence, aside from ease of grouping for WQs, was to tackle the parasitic realm hoppers issue that plagued groups in WoD...
    Yep, possibly one of those farmers that runs bots that join every group for realm hopping. I wish Blizzard was faster at banning them.

Not even sure what people are whining for?

I didnt even know that eye at the side of a WQ had an automatic mode, only ever used it for World Bosses, just 30 seconds faster than the previous way.

So you are crying over that because you cant do WQs or you want to leech WQs?

Seems like people are whining that they cant leech WQs now.

7+ Year Old Account
    I just love the big difference between the reception of this "ban" here compared to the offical forums. On the forums, people are going apeshit and calling Blizzard some of the worst things possible, while here, the more anonymous forum, alot more people are looking at the reasonable arguments for why this addon was broken a little bit xD
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    I have never seen anyone looking for a group to do worldquests in trade or general chat before the addon was there. Don't see it now. So what exactly is the problem?

I can't even imagine that there are people that say: "oh yes, I'll group with this random for the next hour to do all WQs and we will become best friends forever and that random person will be the god-father/mother of my child soon..." (exaggerating for effect).

If Blizzard didn't make these WQs unnecessarily tedious (kill 29 of x, then free 1,382 of those and then pick up 100 items off the floor), then these addons wouldn't be necessary. Making these quests require "more" to collect does not make them more interesting. Just more tedious.

Yeah, I can't queue for a group while on a flight path, go feed the cats to come back to a completed quest, then flight off and queue for another while I was in the shower, again while getting dressed. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Not broken. It just requires a lot more unessesary interaction to work.
    fixed that for you

blizzard did what no developer ever should do - they made user friendly interface less user friendly

people should get fired for this as its painfuly proving how incompetent devs there are.

its simple - their interface was garbage and WQGF was working amazingly well - jealous and jaded devs destroyed it - Ion should get sacked for approving this.