Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Do you not have the ability to understand something without agreeing with it? Your comment was needlessly assuming somehow I held this view.
    It was just a question. That's good you don't but there are people that do. It does make you wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    It was just a question. That's good you don't but there are people that do. It does make you wonder.
    I really was curious: do you understand the logic behind the insult even though you don't agree with its use?

Quote Originally Posted by Allerius View Post
    You know you almost realized that it's stupid to get upset over words but then have to add some stupid bs to allow for your party's race politics. In another world...

I mean if this is raising your voice then it definitely isn't important to anything because nothing except time wasting is accomplished here. Your heart is in the right place though.
    Well... You're reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    HAHA!

Says the guy who keeps on pushing for pointless wars to justify American corporate interests.
    So which pointless wars exactly have I pushed?

Do you mean the ISIS war I consider illegal because Obama, and now Trump, haven't bothered to get an AUMF from Congress they might not have the votes to get? The war I largely regard as a distraction for the US?

Do you mean the Afghan War, which has been so under-resourced and ignored for so many years, that I regard our ongoing presence there as basically pointless, and have IRL ongoing anxiety because my best friend is going there for the third time in four years to fight terror in a country that's seen Al Qaeda decimated years ago and has foolishly expanded into defeating the Taliban (which we won't)?

Do you mean the Syrian conflict which I said on countless occasions would be a historic and catastrophic mistake for the US to do basically anything more than it's doing? The one that I said that if the US committed large numbers of ground forces, you could kiss US superpowerdom goodbye?

Or how about Iran, which I said basically the same thing? A large US conflict against Iran would be superpower suicide.

Do you mean War with North Korea which I said "would come at such a high price the US military would never and should never openly do it" and it "would be the largest war the US has fought in since the first Korean War"?

I genuinely curious which wars you think I want the US to get into.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    I wouldn't say globalist myself but I am disappointed that he backed off on his isolationist america first stance since election.
    Isolationism is impossible in the 21st century.

The commercial jetliner
    The internet
    International supply chains
    Multinational corporations
    World War II

All made it impossible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    WW3 with Russia over Syria!
    Good golly good gosh. Imagine if we had launched some kind of attack on Syria and hit a base that had Russian troops on it! Mushroom clouds over New York City within 18 hours for sure.

Good thing Killary wasn't elected!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    As an outsider looking in, I would say that things went to hell when the American political landscape changed from "Dems VS Republicans acting as checks and balances" to "Hatfields VS McCoys in a bitter feud to the death over something nobody even remembers with no quarter given on either side and nothing but scorched earth in between".

When one party spends 8 years waging a scorched earth war against pretty much literally anything the other party proposes, on grounds that amount to pretty much "They Want it, so we will fight it just because it is them", you have ceased to have even a semblance of viable government. When that same party then wins an election, and their president basically makes it his first order of business to attempt to utterly dismantle EVERYTHING the previous president did, simply because the previous president was on the other ticket, it pretty much smacks of nothing but petty vengeance, instead of actual governance.

Maybe you guys should take a stab at fixing that kind of shit first.....
    You diagnosed it perfectly correct. As an example, I want to create a Time Machine to arrange the meeting between Nancy Pelosi 2017 and Nancy Pelosi 2002. I think she would utterly detest what she's become. She's gone from being a principled San Fransisco liberal to becoming basically a political WWE Superstar - she continues to serve because she loves the fight, and justifies it on policy grounds. But really she loves the fight and should have retired years ago.

That's just one name of course, but it extends through Congress. It's been taken over by too many people who play zero-sum politics and define winning as "bludgeoning the opposition". Problem is the American way of politics is designed to drive consensus, which is leading to this gridlock. It's putting square pegs in round holes.

Ironically the thing that would solve it best would be pork. There is a direct relation to the fact that the year John Boehner banned Congressional Earmarks (early 2011), budgets stopped being passed except in the form of "2 year deals" and "must pass Omnibus bills" and "continuing resolutions". Mega-bills were the only way to "bring home the bacon" in bills.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post

Good thing Killary wasn't elected!
    Does this mean that you are getting ready to buy a ticket on the Trump train?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Anybody that did not understand that it is not possible for a billionaire to not be a globalist, is a fucking idiot. Secondary effect, idiots are easily conned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    So, Trump is one of those evil globalist cucks from the evil coastal cities full of elites?
    Its almost like hes a billionaire from NYC???!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Does this mean that you are getting ready to buy a ticket on the Trump train?
    You do realize I was being entirely sarcastic right?

The "Bombing Assad will lead to World War III cuz Russia will defend him" crap was hyperbolic nonsense. In the end, by Trump's own order, all Russia's presence, S-300, S-400 and bluster got them was a single phone call with a 60 minute warning: "we're attacking Assad in an hour, have your troops stay in their barracks so they don't get hurt".

Russia can't protect anybody.

Military experts knew this. Observers knew this. Journalists knew this. Russia has about 30 aircraft in Syria, about 10 of which are actual fighters, and a measly ~110 air defense missiles. And they do not have the capacity to reinforce this.

But noooooo said the knuckledragging flying monkey's who voted for President Watersports... if America punched Assad in the face, it'd be war with Russia!

It was bullshit, and will always be bullshit, and they should be embarrassed about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Eastern Europe and the Rust belt have more in common than the Coasts and the Rust belt. Both were made poorer by neo-liberalism.
    No you were made poor by being in the USSR while everyone else developed and got rich. Now you are on international welfare.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    No you were made poor by being in the USSR while everyone else developed and got rich. Now you are on international welfare.
    Cheap imports and foreign presure made people poor.

ITT "I'm a cuck, you're a cuck, he's a cuck, we're all cucks HEY!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Cheap imports and foreign presure made people poor.
    No, I'm pretty sure decades of being under a Communist regime made ya'll poor.

Maybe if you'd quit whining, accepted personal responsability and stopped being lazy, you'd be far up on the road of recovery like Poland is.

But hey, keep blaming LIBRULZ that's clearly been working so well for you

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

Trump has been a *gasp* Global president forever.
    Haha, what in the fuck.
    Good thing nearly everybody dislikes him in my country.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jswizzle View Post
    ITT "I'm a cuck, you're a cuck, he's a cuck, we're all cucks HEY!!"
    cuck cuck cuckooo

You do realize I was being entirely sarcastic right?

The "Bombing Assad will lead to World War III cuz Russia will defend him" crap was hyperbolic nonsense. In the end, by Trump's own order, all Russia's presence, S-300, S-400 and bluster got them was a single phone call with a 60 minute warning: "we're attacking Assad in an hour, have your troops stay in their barracks so they don't get hurt".

Russia can't protect anybody.

Military experts knew this. Observers knew this. Journalists knew this. Russia has about 30 aircraft in Syria, about 10 of which are actual fighters, and a measly ~110 air defense missiles. And they do not have the capacity to reinforce this.

But noooooo said the knuckledragging flying monkey's who voted for President Watersports... if America punched Assad in the face, it'd be war with Russia!

It was bullshit, and will always be bullshit, and they should be embarrassed about it.
    I think that the reason not to go after Assad is that it will just turn Syria into another Libya, which will make the migrant issue even worse. The last 3 countries this was done in just resulted in a state of permanent civil war, so why do you think Syria would be any different?

I don't even think Clinton's supposed foreign policy plans were internally consistent, since there were supposedly plans for a pivot to Asia. Did they seriously want further commitment to the middle east while also pivoting to deal with China? Seems like that would stretch things pretty thin.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

I think that the reason not to go after Assad is that it will just turn Syria into another Libya, which will make the migrant issue even worse. The last 3 countries this was done in just resulted in a state of permanent civil war, so why do you think Syria would be any different?

And what you wrote is a perfectly reasonable point of view and one I broadly share. The US should do nothing that makes it "own" Syria. It should however, make the cost of Russia's ownership of Syria very, very high. It's generally done that. It could do more.

It must also be restated though that the refugee crisis with regards to Syria was weaponized by Russia. They strategically bombed civilian centers to drive them north. It is part of their plan to destabilize the EU.

But what you and I wrote also isn't remotely "war in Syria leads to World War III". That's bullshit. It was always bullshit.

I don't even think Clinton's supposed foreign policy plans were internally consistent, since there were supposedly plans for a pivot to Asia. Did they seriously want further commitment to the middle east while also pivoting to deal with China? Seems like that would stretch things pretty thin.
    Well that is happening and had to happen anyway. Notice how we're talking about North Korea a lot? Notice how Trump wants 355 ships, which you don't need for Europe or the Middle East by the way (and the Navy said before the election they wanted 350). The pivot to Asia is one of those emerging consensuses this country develops from time to time. The chance of a confrontation with China beyond 2030 is greater than it was a few years ago. US security policy must have Asia-Pacific and Europe as its two pillars. The Middle East is just a distraction. Clinton wouldn't have committed much more than Obama or Trump has.

On April 28th 2017, The Ultrazord of Donald Trump's bullshit, lies and deception took its most impressive form yet.

Yes folks. Donald Trump came out.

As a globalist.

In the Wall Street Journal.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-s...act-1493320127

Ohhhh deplorables, paranoid about the outside world to mask your own incredible and pathetic insecurities...

This fucking retard actually used the 'g-word' that triggers his flying monkey supporters like nothing else. He's either the stupidest man alive and doesn't understand the words he uses. Or he's so frustrated / bored, he's taken to trolling his supporters.

- - - Updated - - -

It also occurs to me looking at it right now, the Ultrazord has enough guns and bling to be perfectly suitable for the Great Over-Compensator.

Happy 100 Days, Deplorables! *snicker*.
    Wow Trump flipped once again. Welcome to politics young padawan. You have much to learn.

10+ Year Old Account
    That picture of the dinosaur in the OP is fucking epic.

Its like . . . . . . like Voltron or The Constructacons all came together to make a dino bot.

Isolationism is impossible in the 21st century.

The commercial jetliner
    The internet
    International supply chains
    Multinational corporations
    World War II

All made it impossible.
    Am speaking in terms of reducing it economically and military presence in foreign nations. I realize 100% hands off is impossible but I would prefer to see it reduced where possible. Tariffs should be in place to favor local production that kind of thing.

I can't say the idea to meddle in Syria is to my liking at all.

What's this fucking "us" stuff. You're from goddamn Bulgaria. Get out of here and finish building my missile defense radar or something.
    *Pats his back*

Shhhh..it's okay...

No need to yell at people...

Shhhh.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    Wow Trump flipped once again. Welcome to politics young padawan. You have much to learn.
    *Claps slowly*

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    During election

Trump supporters: But Trump is not like other politicians out there that's why he's got my vote he tells it like it is.

After election

Trump supporters: But he's just being a politician.

/Facepalm