Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Some people never learn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Antwerp, look it up. I know there are fellow people from Antwerp on this board who will support my opinion on this. And yes, I reject bullshit sensationalist news.
    "Approximately 500 people attended Saturday’s protest in the capital of Belgium’s Flemish region, where one of the speakers used a loudspeaker to chant a call in Arabic that means “slaughter the Jews.”"

A follow up story, where three Muslim men were indicted for the chant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Wouldn't got as far as to say most people are moderate, but even a fundamentalist wont just attack random people on the street. A lot of the violence happening in europe is mostly from younger people and i wouldn't even say the are fundamentalist, because they often don't have a lot of knowledge about their religion - but its an "easy target to vent" - like youths are all around the globe, sad but that's how people are. The same like i got beaten up by such a gang 2 times in my life - they didn't need a specific reason.
    Yea the law keeps them from killing each other. Doesn't stop people from blowing up your tires or throwing eggs at your house. And people don't need many reasons to hate you. Trump? Religion? Sports Team?

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    They do realise almost 1-2 million Muslims, from Anti-Israel cultures/countries, migrated there just recently?
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Fuel to the fire!

15+ Year Old Account
    Jews would be highly unsafe in East Germany where it is "basic knowledge" that "Jews started WWII" and bombed their precious Dresden and killed "hundreds of millions" of their inhabitants. Yes, I've heard fellow East German people saying that or something similar quite a few times in a casual context.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Fuel to the fire!
    Terrible choise of words for jews that want to live in germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Terrible choise of words for jews that want to live in germany.
    The puns must live on!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, and they get arrested and stuff. You'll always find a few mad men everywhere, doesn't London have a similar park where idiots go protest about everything and shout rubbish?

Pretending it's a major issue is extreme exaggeration when 99,9% of jews and muslims are just peacefully sharing neighborhoods and streets with each other.

500 people is nothing.
    500 people is not 0.01% of the Arabic speakers in Antwerp. You said that Jews in Antwerp could walk around "without issue" from Muslims there, yet a quick Google showed that was not really true.

I get that you want it to be the case, most people like to think they live somewhere nice, but it clearly does not mean it is the case.

We have lots of problems with anti-Semitism in London, largely from the Muslim demographic and the far left. We also have issues with far right, white supremacists hating Jews, but as they number somewhere in the region of five figures throughout the whole country, then they are nowhere near the main problem we face when it comes to anti-Semitism.

anti-semitism has been on the rise in College campuses for quite a few years now.....

you see far more anti-semitism from the left as a result of the push to support Islam and its only going to get worse.

Yeah, and they get arrested and stuff. You'll always find a few mad men everywhere, doesn't London have a similar park where idiots go protest about everything and shout rubbish?

Pretending it's a major issue is extreme exaggeration when 99,9% of jews and muslims are just peacefully sharing neighborhoods and streets with each other.

500 people is nothing.
    This poll is done by Pew research a very prestigious and respectable polling company

https://www.thoughtco.com/muslim-views-of-jews-2076073

It contradicts your claims fundamentally

Percentage of Muslims with Unfavorable Views of Jews:
    Jordan - 100 percent
    Lebanon - 99 percent
    Egypt - 98 percent
    Morocco - 88 percent
    Indonesia - 76 percent
    Pakistan - 74 percent
    Turkey - 60 percent

Event 5% would be a huge number when you talk about millions of people and these are islamic nations btw

So yes islam has nothing to do with jew hatred -_-
    Last edited by veehro; 2017-04-28 at 03:33 PM.

Deleted
    Well, anti semitism isnt very common in germany, thanks to our past.

The problem is that some people take a replacement, and do act anti-muslimist.

Which is literally the same. At the end it is bigottery against everything that is different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by veehro View Post
    wish people would try to realize why AFD is getting votes in the first place so that they stop doing what it is they're doing and make AFD irelevant
    At 9% in the polls the AfD is not exactly a real threat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't see how your google search somehow disproves the fact that the near unanimous majority of the muslim community leaves jews quite well alone and is not interested in starting anything against them. Daily life in my city is peaceful, despite whatever anyone tries to claim. And 500 people in that particular city is exactly very close to nothing compared to the entire demographic.

It's nothing but sensationalism to me to claim that jews, orthodox ones at that making themselves very obvious, are somehow living in fear in the city or have to have 'antisemitism' as a concern on their minds. It's like claiming that people in the US should live in fear of guns and police violence.
    I suppose if you ignore the incidents of anti-Semitism in Antwerp, then you can claim that Antwerp does not have any issues with anti-Semitism. It is a somewhat odd position to take, but that is your choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or rather that the incidents are as minimal and minuscule as one could expect them to be, and do not change the fact that it's peaceful and jews and muslims aren't murdering or attacking each other in the streets on a frequency more often than the rare outliers.
    I would not call a gathering of 500 people calling for the slaughter of Jews in a city to be "miniscule". Antwerp has roughly the population of Malta, if a crowd of 500 gathered here and chanted "Slaughter the Jews", I doubt the Maltese would think it was "miniscule".

That was just the first story that came up when Googling, so unlikely to be the only incident.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    ...according to a study released by the Anti-Defamation League.
    The same group that labeled Pepe the Frog a symbol of racism / hate crimes? Lol, just lol.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I would not call a gathering of 500 people calling for the slaughter of Jews in a city to be "miniscule". Antwerp has roughly the population of Malta, if a crowd of 500 gathered here and chanted "Slaughter the Jews", I doubt the Maltese would think it was "miniscule".

That was just the first story that came up when Googling, so unlikely to be the only incident.
    It boggles the mind to see people claim Europe hasn't had an antisemitism problem on the rise since the importation of the only ethno-religious group who seems to legally be allowed to hate Jews.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Surprised by the high number of gay men assaults, was depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The SPLC is not a neutral and reliable source. It's a common mistake, as their name sounds official. Take a look at their list of "anti-Muslim extremists", for example, and then shake your head in wonder as to why Ayaan Hirsi Ali would be on there: https://www.splcenter.org/20161025/j...lim-extremists

Now check out their generic list of "extremists", wherein people like Charles Murray, Pamela Gellar and David Horowitz are listed alongside Klansmen and neo-Nazis: https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-h...les/individual

15+ Year Old Account

500 people is nothing.
    Ha. "Because gang violence rarely, if ever, happens in the bay area that must mean it isn't rampant in watts and compton!"

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Why can't people leave Jews alone? They're the scapegoat for every moron out there
    Jews are disproportionatly successful in countries where they are the minority because they have tight families, value education, and exhibit a strong work ethic. This disproportionate affluence incites the envy of larger populations with less means who would rather attack the Jews than solve their own cultural shortcomings. It's been the same sad story over and over across centuries and multiple continents.