Poll: Keep it Locked ?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    If lockout is removed, people will make LFR farm groups to farm titanforged gear and farm it all day long instead of spamming mythic+. Could be a good thing for players that would be put in those groups.

- - - Updated - - -

That's lame justification of developer resource allocation. LFR didn't do that, bad management did.
    You call it lame only because you don't want to accept it.
    Because you refuse to accept why LFR remains popular.
    In WoD it had hugely nerfed gear rewards.
    And that didn't dent the popularity.

Blizzard finally realised that it wasn't player choice, when they finally stopped listening the the so-called "real raiders".

Catering to a minority would have been poorer resource allocation.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

7+ Year Old Account
    if it was not for LFR back in Dragon Soul, I doubt I would be raiding today. It helped me get a reasonable amount of gear and let me see the fights (sure mechanics were not important but its was clear as to what you had to do if you paid attention) I don't get why so many people want it removed. It is meant to be for those who are new to raiding and want to see the fights while also obtaining the weakest level of raid gear.

As to whether they should remove the lock. Hell no, we don't want another place to grind for a chance at titanforged, ill just do mythic raids and m+ tyvm.

LFR is the bridge gap between a freshly leveled toon and higher m+/normal/heroic raids. So once u hit 110 and you are 830 you can just afk for a couple hours through LFRs and get enough gear for m+ and entry level normal/heroic NH.

Deleted
    Unlocking would help me finally get the shoulder item from Xavius which is eluding me (missed only few lockouts, used bonus roll each time... these things just don't drop for me), or farming patterns which are very elusive.

Besides that, I don't care much.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If lockout is removed, people will make LFR farm groups to farm titanforged gear and farm it all day long instead of spamming mythic+. Could be a good thing for players that would be put in those groups.

- - - Updated - - -

That's lame justification of developer resource allocation. LFR didn't do that, bad management did.
    1) Nobody is going to do that. Just like nobody farmed Mythic + 4 for gear, they did it for AP. The chance of getting a decent titanforge from base level 865 gear is so insanely low it's not worth it. Yes I've seen the picture of the 925 DoS with a socket from LFR, but that's FAR FAR FAR FAR from a common occurrence. Getting an 860 up to 925 let alone with a socket is probably about on par with getting a thunderfury binding. Shit even from Heroic we don't get many 925s, I think the entire raid group having cleared Heroic since it was released has only a few.

2) You're delusional if you can't see what LFR has done for raiding. Bad management nothing, raid participation used to be complete garbage. Do you know how many people ever ran BWL? Tiny tiny percentage of the playerbase. AQ40? Naxx? SSC/TK/Hyjal/BT? Ulduar? ICC beyond the freebie first boss? Any of the Cata raids pre-DS? Very very very small percentage of the playerbase. So why continue to pump resources into that? Why churn out large tiers like Ulduar instead of bullshit 5 boss phoned in voice acting tiers like ToC? And thus LFR was born and participation skyrocketed, large tiers were justified once more, and people who would've never gotten to see content got to see content and got watered down rewards that impacted nobody else's gameplay in the slightest. Many many tryhard tears were shed, but everyone else was happy.

At this point they could probably merge LFR and normal but it HAS TO be queueable. If there is no queuable raid option, partcipation numbers will plummet again because even though Normal is completely and totally faceroll player set requirements would lock the vast majority of LFR raiders out of it. For all the whining about LFR from people who no valid complaints, LFR is an essential part of this game if we raiders want to continue having good raid content. Well maybe some of you want random total thrown together bullshit like ToC / Ruby Sanctum / Firelands (lol the return of the cave full of monsters!) / and Dragon Soul (Which was the first LFR tier but the actual creation part of it was bare minimum effort, it's pretty obvious when you run it.)

Deleted
    No you silly LFR is the ONLY justification to do raids at all cause raiders (who are allways so damn stupid thinkin of themself as being the majority of wow players) are the smallest MINORITY of wow players. Hell even pvp pet battlers are more players then raiders. So with lfr devs wouldnt waste hours/days/weeks on raids....

Yes, just remove LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    This. LFR is bad for the game.
    Please do tell, how LFR is bad for the game. I am really curious.

LFR is most likely one of the best things that ever happend to this game. Don't like it? Don't do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankai View Post
    Bottom line is that people are farming 5 man dungeons on mythic and coming out with gear thats better than what you would get on average from lfr, so why is lfr still on the weekly lock out. whats the point ?

Would it not make sense to remove the lfr raids from the weekly lockout so that they can be farmed just like mythic's ?

or is there something special about lfr that I am missing.
    Weeeeeeeeell, yes, keep the lock for gear. Sorry, but LFR isn't a dungeon.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    If they removed the lockout completely or made it daily they'd have to drop how lucrative it is versus time spent.
    I would agree... but the way they handled WQ's and mythics make it look like a huge waste of time even if they had a daily lock out on LFR

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    2) You're delusional if you can't see what LFR has done for raiding. Bad management nothing, raid participation used to be complete garbage. Do you know how many people ever ran BWL? Tiny tiny percentage of the playerbase. AQ40? Naxx? SSC/TK/Hyjal/BT? Ulduar? ICC beyond the freebie first boss? Any of the Cata raids pre-DS? Very very very small percentage of the playerbase. So why continue to pump resources into that? Why churn out large tiers like Ulduar instead of bullshit 5 boss phoned in voice acting tiers like ToC? And thus LFR was born and participation skyrocketed, large tiers were justified once more, and people who would've never gotten to see content got to see content and got watered down rewards that impacted nobody else's gameplay in the slightest. Many many tryhard tears were shed, but everyone else was happy.
    Raid participation comparison is meaningless because its taken out of context. It used to be low because there was game outside of raids. Leveling took ages, gearing up in dungeons took ages. Game pace was slow. But you always had something to look forward to.

Today participation rate is high because there is nothing else to do. Leveling is instant, game pace is fast. 2-3 days and you are at max level with nothing left to do. And its free gear for clicking few buttons. Who doesn't like free gear?

As for people not seeing raids, its utter bullshit. Have you seen Ulduar? Yes, you have. Every player has. Some saw it when it was current content, some saw it later, but everyone saw it at some point. Seeing Ulduar in next expansion is equal to LFR - same lack of difficulty, but at least it required some organization.

Problem is today WoW is fast paced. Everyone wants instant gratification. WoW is no longer MMORPG, it is fast food dumbed down equivalent of what game used to be.

If you can't see bad things LFR brought to WoW, you are the delusional one. Before Cataclysm WoW was MMORPG, there were communities, there were pugs happening all the time. Those who wanted to see raids, saw them. Players had something to look forward to. Guilds were big, social and there was never lack of recruits interested in seeing raids.

After LFR many players lost interest in raiding because there is nothing to look forward to. Too many modes of same content is still same content. Pool of recruits got smaller. Guilds got smaller or died, realms died. LFR is anonymous, which means players no longer need to form bonds with other players, which led to much less player interaction in what supposed to be social game. Though some of it is not LFR's fault, it is 10=25 raiding model fault. Whole Cataclysm was clusterfuck of epic proportions. LFR was attempt to fix that problem, but it made things only worse.

Then group finder was added. With group finder it is easy to find groups for raids. We no longer need LFR. Removing LFR would make normal/heroic raiding more active. It would make players interact with each other again, forming new guilds or making existing guilds bigger. It would bring MMO back to WoW.

Though removing LFR would upset people who want rewards for doing nothing or want WoW to be solo game, so I understand why you think LFR was the best thing until free gold WoD missions table.
    Last edited by mmocbeba583bd0; 2017-04-28 at 11:15 AM.

Then group finder was added. With group finder it is easy to find groups for raids. We no longer need LFR. Removing LFR would make normal/heroic raiding more active.
    I don't think I buy this. In reality group finder groups always require you to vastly out gear the raid. 900+ for NH heroic is a pretty standard requirement. This is totally understandable because no way will an appropriately geared group of randoms clear heroic nighthold. Even these overgeared groups still wipe frequently or not even make it to the end before the group falls apart. If you want to do it with appropriate gear you need to be in an organised group who practice together - group finder is useless for that.

It would make players interact with each other again, forming new guilds or making existing guilds bigger. It would bring MMO back to WoW.
    Or it will make them pass on the raid altogether. That said Blizzard could do a lot to make it easier to organise like removing realm restrictions on guild membership and make finding and joining guilds in game easier (or possible!). This would do a lot more for guilds than removing LFR, IMO. And it wouldn't exclude people who don't want to be organised from seeing the raid.

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when EN LFR came, this random potato guy getting titanforge trinket 895, and he was afk 99% of the time.

They dont call it LF Retards for no reason lul

And no I didn't gear alts there, i ran mythics for gear.
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Deleted
    So all you lot that want LFR removed I assume you don't do LFR right.

I do lfr with my wife on weekends. She travels M-F for work, and can only play Saturday and Sunday morning. So for her its either LFR or don't see the content all all. I suppose we could find a Normal NH group, except they all require 900 and AotC at this point.... okay I'm exaggerating, about 2 out of 10 take ilvl under 890 and of those two they'll boot you if you are bottom dps (which could be over 450k). At this late stage, you need Heroic Nighthold gear to get in a Regular Nighthold group. I wish that were an exaggeration. Go look in a queue and see for yourself.

LFR is a good barrier to entry. When I came back to the game I was scared to death to raid. Raiders in BC (and to an extent now) hyped it up like its the pinnacle of gaming and the average player shouldn't even bother with it. In reality anyone can be a decent raider, you just need time in game (gearing / ap), studying your rotation, and knowing the fights.

I don't really care if people gear up there, or get titanforged. As a fresh 110 I ran it to help get my tier bonuses. If some dude gets an 895 titan forged Draught, good for him.

Instead of removing LFR try to make it like Normal and scrap normal.

Getting tireed if this shit for linking some fucking achivement to get some quest done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Basically there exists this bubble of players that never have raided hardcore, or done any end game progression in the game. These guys stick to Heroic and normal, and look down on people that do LFR, in the same way mythic raiders look down on them.

To these players, they think their gear actually is prestigious, and not just handed to them for participation. They're infuriated that LFR players can also get that appearance from an even easier mode.

Its all about the ego, man.

These are the same people that rage when they can't do their mage tower challenge in 5 tries or less, and INSIST its due to legendaries and the fact that their ilvl isn't 915.

As you said - people that don't need it or like it just don't do it. But these players want YOU to not have it, either.
    I'd +1 this post if I could. Perfectly sums up the butthurt, entitled mentality of those kind of players perfectly.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by chase_the_mofo View Post
    LFR is garbage, just remove it.
    I disagree but only because it gives another color for transmog of tier... LFR is terrible...but it gives transmog colors... So torn

As long as the LFR drops the same gear as raids, no. It'll just become yet another thing to farm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Callywally View Post
    if it was not for LFR back in Dragon Soul, I doubt I would be raiding today. It helped me get a reasonable amount of gear and let me see the fights (sure mechanics were not important but its was clear as to what you had to do if you paid attention) I don't get why so many people want it removed. It is meant to be for those who are new to raiding and want to see the fights while also obtaining the weakest level of raid gear.
    Truthtalk: It's because some basement dwellers don't understand that WoW is just a game and are so deluded and have such a content poor real life that they think their accomplishments in WoW mean anything at all.

These basement dwellers somehow get some sort of false sense of personal accomplishment by playing a video game, and they are offended by the fact that casuals are able to kill the same bosses that are providing them with their sense of self worth. The fact that people who appreciate WoW for what it is - just a game - are killing the same bosses as they are, demolish the only thing in their lives that give it any sort of meaning "look at me, i'm killing a boss in an easy to play online game".

It's a sad thing, honestly. The people calling for LFR to be remove should be pittied. They have nothing more significant going on in their lives than playing a video game and getting a sense of self worth from beating some encounter on some difficulty in some game. You should just understand how sad they are and feel sorry for them that they have nothing more significant in their lives to occupy their time with.