Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Yeah, I should be. I'm ordering lunch and then I'm going back to it.

I don't take the position that pragmatism (at least in the common sense) can be completely divorced from ideology in a loose sense, in that you need goals or motivations to work towards for pragmatism to even be able to be applied. It's more about contrasting rational and empirically driven decision making against strict adherence to a simple set of rules, generally ones expressing virtue or morals, without regard for whether or not you'll like the consequences of adherence to those rules.
    Empirical stuff is also biased though.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    What hyperbole? Trump can't go a day without making a patently ludicrous claim or demand (now asking South Korea to pay for the missile defense system we're deploying...you know, after the fact), lying through his teeth (I'll be too busy to go golfing or even leave the White House!), or generally coming off as a complete buffoon (I didn't know the job would be this hard!).
    The parts where he gets tagged as some grand villain, a beacon for racists, a fascist or autocrat, someone that's going to nuke everybody and attack our allies. It's like Bush. Go with the "He's an idiot" angle? Go for it. Want to go for the "enslave all arabs" nonsense? You lose me.

Conversely. Trump is an idiot? Alright, but that is going to get spammy with how people like to make those threads. Trump is a rich douchebag? That's a shock? Trump is a fascist that wants to kill "brown people"(love that buzzword)? What are you smoking?

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I'm not sure if this is some trite objection meant to drag the conversation down into the bowels of some epistemic hell or if you actually think that within the normal parameters of the "impartiality" we accept everyday as a necessary precondition of being able to function at all that empirical evidence is somehow not OK.
    Rude. 10char

- - - Updated - - -
    @Nixx On point though there are legitimate problems when speaking when gathering/processing data. I can use two differet methodologies and reach to the conclussion that immigrants overwhelmingly use welfare compare to natives or is about the same. Same case with their benefits vs their cost, or macro forecasting.

Example if I define an immigrant as a complement their effects on wages is neutral, if I define them as substitutes their wages drop down.
    Last edited by NED funded; 2017-04-28 at 06:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    >everything he says is a lie
    >DID YOU SEE WHAT HE SAID IT MUST BE THE TRUTH BECAUSE HE SAID IT.

Wait.. Which one are we doing this week again?
    And if you weren't a mindless drone, you could use your own sense of critical thinking to realize that it's not the words content that matters, it's the fact that it was said -at all-. You DO realize it was virtually his whole platform, "not being a globalist"?

I'll give you an example to help you follow along: You see a man get on a bus you are on. He screams "JESUS WAS A PANCAKE SENT TO SAVE US FROM OUR WAFFLE OVERLORDS"

Do the words themselves make any sense? Of course not. But what do they imply? That this man is -crazy- as balls.

Thus ends todays lesson on contextual conversation clues.

Quote Originally Posted by Hombregato View Post
    Empirical stuff is also biased though.
    hey, you wanna go to the postmodernism philosophy stuff?
    because the "reality is biased" is very postmodern lol
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    hey, you wanna go to the postmodernism philosophy stuff?
    because the "reality is biased" is very postmodern lol
    Sociology called they want their meme back.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    My party? My party is the Republican Party. The one that's been seized in a Hostile Takeover by the paranoid, racist and entirely backwards alt-right.
    Seized? How cute.

I refer you to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy

In 1968, the GOP made a Devil's bargain.

Did you think those people (and in some cases by now, their children) would never demand payment for their support, and instead continue to support center-right GOP candidates just because the Democrats were an even worse option for them?

Your precious party has sown the wind; now, reap the whirlwind.
    Last edited by Berengil; 2017-04-28 at 08:27 PM.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Eastern Europe and the Rust belt have more in common than the Coasts and the Rust belt. Both were made poorer by neo-liberalism.
    Because you had more money than you could carry under the soviet union amirite?
    Last edited by Crispin; 2017-04-28 at 08:38 PM.

God damn the rage is delicious its like mmo champ is askin for 8 years

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Because you had more money than you could carry under the soviet union amirite?
    We used to make 40% of all personal computers in the Comecon. Then China and USA took over the market and 300 000 assemblers and engineers lost their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    We used to make 40% of all personal computers in the Comecon. Then China and USA took over the market and 300 000 assemblers and engineers lost their jobs.
    http://www.tradingeconomics.com/bulgaria/gdp hit max

Instead you can serve drinks to "rich" western europeans, getting drunk as fuck in the various beach resorts you have, I'm sure they tip more in a week than your parents earned in a month. Or ofcourse come here and clean hotel rooms and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    no I just can translate your bullshit quickly because it's all the same, a bunch of yapping and no substance
    The fucking irony here is staggering and should be bronzed.

10+ Year Old Account
    On April 28th 2017, The Ultrazord of Donald Trump's bullshit, lies and deception took its most impressive form yet.

Yes folks. Donald Trump came out.

As a globalist.

In the Wall Street Journal.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-s...act-1493320127

Ohhhh deplorables, paranoid about the outside world to mask your own incredible and pathetic insecurities...

This fucking retard actually used the 'g-word' that triggers his flying monkey supporters like nothing else. He's either the stupidest man alive and doesn't understand the words he uses. Or he's so frustrated / bored, he's taken to trolling his supporters.

- - - Updated - - -

It also occurs to me looking at it right now, the Ultrazord has enough guns and bling to be perfectly suitable for the Great Over-Compensator.

Happy 100 Days, Deplorables! *snicker*.
    Dude you must recognize this doesn't really matter to the people who supported him? Watch that CNN sit down with the trump supporters. They've literally internalized this logic that trump cannot fail. If he wins that's awesome look how well he succeed given the odds against him what an outsider. If he fails well he was an outsider and he had paul ryan and the democrats and the law and the courts all stacked against him. I'll cite fucking galbraith here cause as usual he's bang the fuck on

Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    http://www.tradingeconomics.com/bulgaria/gdp hit max

Instead you can serve drinks to "rich" western europeans, getting drunk as fuck in the various beach resorts you have, I'm sure they tip more in a week than your parents earned in a month. Or ofcourse come here and clean hotel rooms and whatnot.
    Your nation bashing and racism are cute, but don't take away from the truth. Neo liberalism has brought great misery to regions that rely on manufacturing.

Not all of Europe can get EU funds to raise pigs like Denmark or be a tax heaven like Ireland.

How do you define what is pragmatic? It seems like a pretty loaded word.
    I take it on a case by case basis. Since I used Taiwan as an example earlier, I'll continue with that here.

There was Tongyong Pinyin, which is a clear case of putting idealism over pragmatism, given that there is a better system which is 1) efficient in both use and implementation 2) consistent with the rest of the fucking world, and 3) easier to interpret. And the results have been a wash, as expected. Another, more important example, is independence. The country has effective independence already. The only way for their freedom and independence to be compromised is if they make a push for official independence. And the DPP's favorite game is to get as close to that as they possibly can and raise tensions in whatever way they can.

It is a party of irresponsible children who would risk their country going to shit because of some fake sense of oppression and injustice. Not unlike the current far-right infested Republican party, who are concerned with statistically negligible bullshit like terrorism deaths or in person voter fraud, and waste copious amounts of time and money on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

On April 28th 2017, The Ultrazord of Donald Trump's bullshit, lies and deception took its most impressive form yet.

Yes folks. Donald Trump came out.

As a globalist.

In the Wall Street Journal.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-s...act-1493320127

Ohhhh deplorables, paranoid about the outside world to mask your own incredible and pathetic insecurities...

This fucking retard actually used the 'g-word' that triggers his flying monkey supporters like nothing else. He's either the stupidest man alive and doesn't understand the words he uses. Or he's so frustrated / bored, he's taken to trolling his supporters.

- - - Updated - - -

It also occurs to me looking at it right now, the Ultrazord has enough guns and bling to be perfectly suitable for the Great Over-Compensator.

Happy 100 Days, Deplorables! *snicker*.
    What power ranger is that? Asking for a friend

Sociology called they want their meme back.
    Lol
    I dont like postmodernists though (as a leftist, i adhere to the materialism and empiricity, most of the time)
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Slightly off topic, but I get an infraction and ban for calling Trudeau a cuck yet here we get to call Trump a fucking retard and the stupidest man alive and his supporters flying monkeys.

Now, I'm not one to call out inconsistencies or hypocrisies (okay, yes I am), but it seems in this forum you can call the POTUS whatever you want and disrespect those who voted for him. But heaven help you if you call out the progressive left's poster boy Trudeau. Can the mods maybe give us a list of people we can or can't abuse that won't perturb your sensitivities?
    Likely because of the word cuck, and how it was just being used to troll; or the fact that no one reported him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Etselion View Post
    Alex Jones on suicide watch
    Well, after losing his custody battle, in which his lawyer said he's just acting for ratings, I wouldn't be surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Likely because of the word cuck, and how it was just being used to troll; or the fact that no one reported him.

Well, after losing his custody battle, in which his lawyer said he's just acting for ratings, I wouldn't be surprised.
    I do like how whenever alt right types explain why everyone is an idiot for NOT being insulted by "cuck," they always launch into some detailed scenario of a big black dude coming into your house and having hot steamy jungle sex with your wife while you sit in the corner and cry about it, since this is clearly something they have spent an inordinate amount of time thinking about.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe he, like many people on this forum, thinks globalism and globalization are the same thing ?

Hell, i am a nationalist and i support globalization. But i totally despise globalism.

Globalization = free trade between countries
    Globalism = supranational entities over national sovereign.
    Last edited by igualitarist; 2017-04-29 at 01:18 AM.