Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    No. Blizzard reworked the WoW code to where addons can not access the Premade finder anymore, essentially making WQGF absolutely useless. So the creator can't do anything about it, even if he could bypass the restriction, its obvious Blizzard does not want Addons to do that anymore. So hes done with WQGF.
    Why then would it still work, but after I install the newer version you cannot even config it anymore, it's completely deleted pretty much.

This is AFTER blizz code changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Why then would it still work, but after I install the newer version you cannot even config it anymore, it's completely deleted pretty much.

This is AFTER blizz code changes.

The old version worked until your WoW updated. So if you did not update, the Addon worked.

And if you say it worked after the code, congratulations your computer apparently ignores changes and works.

Either that or you're lying for reasons unkown, fact is Blizzard broke the way the addon works.
    Last edited by sarym13; 2017-04-28 at 11:19 PM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    The old version worked until your WoW updated. So if you did not update, the Addon worked.
    Yes, but after I updated the ADDON after that, it doesn't even show up in the Interface-Addons Config list anymore, try it yourself version 0.23.

0.22.6 still worked manually.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-04-28 at 11:22 PM.

The creator of the addon updated it one last time to say "Goodbye" and broke it from doing anything at all. The previous version was still partially working, and will work if you don't update it / have auto-update on your curse client.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    This was removed because of technical problems. The lag I had yesterday (before the hotfix) was ridiculous. It took like 3 seconds of lag before I could do anything. Literally unplayable.
    Sure.. blame an addon that's been available for 6 months for a trouble that started 4 days ago.

They just took the easy way to fix their problem, but it's not really the addon's fault.. I'm going to assume everybody leveling alts in invasions with their flying mounts has something to do with it though.

This situation really sucks... the addon was fantastic and made WQs much more tolerable. Just one button click and you can get shit done way faster. Sad to see the addon creator ragequit, but I can't blame him.

Anyways, the addon is exacly how world quests should work anyways, that should be built into the game.

It's exactly like Fate in Final Fantasy or whatever the name was in Rift.

Of course with the option to turn it off

Must admit though, in recent days the amount of people staying on their mount and not contributing was getting on my nerves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Update on WQGF

0.24 (29/04/2017)
    - Back in business.
    - Trying to comply with the new UI restrictions. Guaranteed with 99% less automation!
    - This is a very early prototype, expect bugs!

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Anyways, the addon is exacly how world quests should work anyways, that should be built into the game.

It's exactly like Fate in Final Fantasy or whatever the name was in Rift.

Of course with the option to turn it off

Must admit though, in recent days the amount of people staying on their mount and not contributing was getting on my nerves.
    But it is built into the game, has been since 7.1.5.

But hey it's not like you and everyone else forgot that, that'd be ridiculous!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Update on WQGF

0.24 (29/04/2017)
    - Back in business.
    - Trying to comply with the new UI restrictions. Guaranteed with 99% less automation!
    - This is a very early prototype, expect bugs!
    So he's (understandably) given up on the automation and will now be messing around and updating the simply convenient options?

I'm surprised. If I made a free project for other people and it's primary purpose was trashed and irreparable, I don't don't think I'd care enough to maintain even the "extra" functions that could still work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    So he's (understandably) given up on the automation and will now be messing around and updating the simply convenient options?

I'm surprised. If I made a free project for other people and it's primary purpose was trashed and irreparable, I don't don't think I'd care enough to maintain even the "extra" functions that could still work.
    It works rather well, you now get a pop up as before to search for a group, after you click yes, you have to click to apply for each group individually in a small text box.

So you still have the cross language benefit and so on, just a few presses more.

So for those not aware the Addon is working again. Just with more clicks.

But won't this just basically cause issues again? Granted the lag/realm issues caused by WQGF only happened during the Invasions, but still. All Blizzard did was remove how the automated process of the addon worked on the group finder.

I'm seriously confused by how much people are freaking out over this. Who in the hell needs to group for any WQ outside world bosses and dungeons? Every other WQ, even the "elites" are a joke to solo and have always been a joke to solo. Not one time have I ever required the help of another player to complete any WQ, with the exception of weekly world bosses and dungeons as mentioned before. And even then I could possibly solo some of these basic Mythic dungeons at this point.

I did read through the blue post, and the various complaints, and most of the complaints are BS. Yes the addons are broken right now, but they can be fixed and will simply require more manual input and refreshing by the player. Only the automation part of the addons is permanently disabled. So if you still need that crutch, if you can't solo quests that you absolutely should be soloing, your addons will be fixed as soon as their developers get around to it. Or you can use the built in tool provided by Blizzard as others mentioned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    I'm seriously confused by how much people are freaking out over this. Who in the hell needs to group for any WQ outside world bosses and dungeons? Every other WQ, even the "elites" are a joke to solo and have always been a joke to solo. Not one time have I ever required the help of another player to complete any WQ, with the exception of weekly world bosses and dungeons as mentioned before. And even then I could possibly solo some of these basic Mythic dungeons at this point.

I did read through the blue post, and the various complaints, and most of the complaints are BS. Yes the addons are broken right now, but they can be fixed and will simply require more manual input and refreshing by the player. Only the automation part of the addons is permanently disabled. So if you still need that crutch, if you can't solo quests that you absolutely should be soloing, your addons will be fixed as soon as their developers get around to it. Or you can use the built in tool provided by Blizzard as others mentioned.
    It has nothing to do with diffuclty other than the undergeared alts, i use it to stream line and optimize my clears as i run wq's, invasions etc on 5 characters.

I can do this fast, i wouldn't be able to do this if i had to do everything solo. So just because you see no use for it doesn't many matter others share your opinion

You're asking why people don't want to spend 10 minutes on something they can otherwise do in 2 minutes. I'd rather clear my AP giving WQ's in 30ish minutes than an hour and change.

I'm 910 equipped, I can easily solo every world quest- elite or otherwise; but any quest that is 'fill the blue bar' still goes by loads faster if you're getting progress from 4 additional players just based on mob density. It's not that I can't do world quests without the addon, it's that I don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    It has nothing to do with diffuclty other than the undergeared alts, i use it to stream line and optimize my clears as i run wq's, invasions etc on 5 characters.

I can do this fast, i wouldn't be able to do this if i had to do everything solo. So just because you see no use for it doesn't many matter others share your opinion
    I've been solo'ing them since the day I unlocked access world quests. Gear has nothing to do with it, they can all be solo'd at any gear level. Even sub level 110 can handle them due to player scaling. I can do any invasion WQ's on my DH alt not problem at 103 and 104, never once have I needed to find a group.

10 minutes? Try 30 seconds. You're all just making my point for me. If you can't solo these elites, that's purely a skill problem. That's not an insult, that' just a statement of fact. I've never needed assistance for any of these quests, again with the exception of world boss and mythic dungeon world quests. This is from the first day I unlocked WQ and even on my alts doing the invasion world quests when they pop up.

The quests that have several requirements may take a few minutes, but the elites have always fallen over like a training dummy. The new rares on Broken Shore can take a couple minutes to kill, but even that can be sped up if I go and collect a couple of buffs first.
    Last edited by Slicer299; 2017-04-29 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolgrim View Post
    There was no whining in his post at all, just the facts.
    The fact that he was having a big whine you mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    You're asking why people don't want to spend 10 minutes on something they can otherwise do in 2 minutes. I'd rather clear my AP giving WQ's in 30ish minutes than an hour and change.

I'm 910 equipped, I can easily solo every world quest- elite or otherwise; but any quest that is 'fill the blue bar' still goes by loads faster if you're getting progress from 4 additional players just based on mob density. It's not that I can't do world quests without the addon, it's that I don't want to.

TRhe problem is here : people are complaining just because they want it both ways. You want to play a time consuming game without having to deal with the time consuming part

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I've been solo'ing them since the day I unlocked access world quests. Gear has nothing to do with it, they can all be solo'd at any gear level. Even sub level 110 can handle them due to player scaling. I can do any invasion WQ's on my DH alt not problem at 103 and 104, never once have I needed to find a group.
    It has nothing to do with difficulty. Only speed.
    If you have to kill 10 mobs and you're alone you will have to kill all 10 mobs. If you're in a party of 2-5 people, you might only have to kill 1 or 5 mobs. There is absolutely no chance it will become slower for you to complete the quest in a group. In fact, worst case scenario says you get to kill all 10 mobs needed for the quest - but, killing those would be equal to the speed of killing them alone.

I am easily able to kill all mobs within a very short time like you, but most of the time I will only have to kill 1-5 mobs instead of 10 simply because others are going ham on mobs already.

Edit: Calling it a skill issue only makes you seem like a fool.
    Last edited by Egor2765; 2017-04-29 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khis View Post
    TRhe problem is here : people are complaining just because they want it both ways. You want to play a time consuming game without having to deal with the time consuming part
    No I want to play a time consuming game as efficiently as possible.