Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I really think they should leave Elisande and Gul'dan alone on nerfs. At least until it's no longer cutting edge. I want to respect those who get Cutting Edge, not check the date to see if they're pro or have too much time.

7+ Year Old Account
    When 7.2.5 comes out, Blizzard will proberly take a look at the last 3 bosses of NH and see if they are something that needs to be done, that an overall item lvl/dps/HP increase will not solve on its own. With AP and artifacts, Blizzard have a tool ingame, that will slowly increase overall performance over time and therefore nerf to non-current bosses should not really be needed anymore, unless their is insta-death mechanics, that is stopping progression.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Most likely some nerfs to the later bosses a couple of weeks before tomb opens.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a 5% nerf to all mobs in Elisande and Gul'dan Mythic fights in the next month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by InkarnateKT View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see a 5% nerf to all mobs in Elisande and Gul'dan Mythic fights in the next month or so.
    More like 15% on all mobs (boss included). Those fights are overtuned shit right now and require tuning badly.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    More like 15% on all mobs (boss included). Those fights are overtuned shit right now and require tuning badly.
    I think anything over 5% would be too large a nerf, as new traits have already made them quite a bit easier. 10% could happen but i think it would be too big.

Elisande and Gul'dizzle will be getting hit by the nerf bat in the next month. Part of me hopes it'll just be HP nerfs but it'll probably HP nerfs on top of mechanic nerfs.

Sure 15%, but only after Tomb is out and cutting edge is no longer obtainable.

I fully expect in the next 3-5 weeks we'll get some targeted nerfs/adjustments to Gul'dan and possibly one or two others, and then about a month after that for Tomb to release and NH to get a blanket nerf.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Elisande and Gul'dizzle will be getting hit by the nerf bat in the next month. Part of me hopes it'll just be HP nerfs but it'll probably HP nerfs on top of mechanic nerfs.
    Pretty sure it will be mechanic nerfs, the dps requirements have already been made mostly irrelevant due to the new traits and so the only hard parts of the fights are the mechanics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    I still think Gul'dan is probably one of the fights least nerfed by the extra dps as you still have to learn most of the mechanics. At least at the current point I don't see anyone progressing it being able to skip too much of the fight, you need a lot of dps to be able to skip 2nd add in phase 1 which I doubt anyone progressing will have and while it's true that dps checks are much lower now in phase 2 and 3 you still have to learn all the mechanics. It's nothing compared to for example star augur where most of the hard mechanics are never seen anymore due to the dps increase.
    The main mechanics on Gul'dan are skipped too. You can BL on pull because you don't need the extra dps to phase gul'dan be4 illidan comes. You have one less add and one less empwered eye on p1 (300M+87M HP nerf); also you dont have a 3rd empowered hellfire, saving a healers CD to use on p2; you skip the fifth eye on p2, the hardest one; and you have BL for illidan with 3 orbs up which is pretty much overkill with only 2 CCs required instead of 4. So it's a HUGE nerf, it's now easier than augur pre-nerf.

Not even close, elisande and Gul'dan are a joke right now. People is killing Elisande with one set of rings even. Still they will nerf them to get 1k kills before tomb probably.
    Last edited by mmocc0105de390; 2017-04-29 at 01:30 AM.

There is really no point to nerf them, as you will be able to come back in Tomb of Sargeras gear to kill them anyways. I don't see the point of doing a Feature of Strength if you nerf the boss before the end of the tier.

Plus the 7.2 artifact is already pretty much the nerf, our raid dps skyrocketed in 7.2

The mount is not going away.. just the Feature of Strength.

Not going to lie, Star Augur was laughable.. it took us about 4h to kill him, less than Aluriel or Botanist by far. That is a bit sad, and we're almost to phase 3 Elisande.. the nerfs are showing, really.

Gul'dan has already been massively nerfed from the increased DPS. You're already skipping up to 3 sets of bonds from previous, meaning you can use healer bubbles for earlier bonds reducing damage. You're skipping hard bonds/hellfire combos saving healer cooldowns and most guilds are now able to skip the Fel Lord phase entirely.

P2, you're skipping the hardest Eye and an extra harvest, and the increased DPS means Eyes will die before the duplicate most of the time. Winds has been stealth nerfed since 7.2 and barely push you after the first one.

And P3, there's no losing to the overall DPS check anymore. Get through the second Visions and you're good.

---

Star Augur with the nerfs and increased DPS, you can choose to skip Fel Nova + Conjunction 2 or Skip the second Void add + Conjunction 3 depending on where you lust. Both are major points of failure previously, but you can choose which one is worse for your guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishei View Post
    Star Augur with the nerfs and increased DPS, you can choose to skip Fel Nova + Conjunction 2 or Skip the second Void add + Conjunction 3 depending on where you lust. Both are major points of failure previously, but you can choose which one is worse for your guild.
    We killed it last week and got both of those, lots of guilds getting to it now have bad dps so it's not much different. It's just killable with bad dps.

History says yes, logic is unclear. With the current AK/trait system, players get much stronger through the tier. We'll be easily in concordance range b4 the patch hits which may not seem like much but is a substantial increase as tightly as some of the bosses are tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    I still think Gul'dan is probably one of the fights least nerfed by the extra dps as you still have to learn most of the mechanics. At least at the current point I don't see anyone progressing it being able to skip too much of the fight, you need a lot of dps to be able to skip 2nd add in phase 1 which I doubt anyone progressing will have and while it's true that dps checks are much lower now in phase 2 and 3 you still have to learn all the mechanics. It's nothing compared to for example star augur where most of the hard mechanics are never seen anymore due to the dps increase.
    you can completely skip the hard part of m gul'dan with the dps people are doing now, which is the 4th storm & 5th eye combo.

Deleted
    I hope not, with the new weapon traits it's already trivial and will become even easier.

What's the point of Mythic as a difficulty with exclusive rewards and shit if you nerf it to the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I hope not, with the new weapon traits it's already trivial and will become even easier.

What's the point of Mythic as a difficulty with exclusive rewards and shit if you nerf it to the ground?
    The point is to be extremely challenging the first two months, then ease off so more people can get it done. We're still at only 0.5% of guilds have killed mythic Gul'dan so it can't be that trivial.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    The point is to be extremely challenging the first two months, then ease off so more people can get it done. We're still at only 0.5% of guilds have killed mythic Gul'dan so it can't be that trivial.
    How many people need to get it done in your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Well fortunately it is that trivial.

In phase 1 Gul'dan you can now skip the second demon add, dealing with a lot less empowered bonds and hellfire.
    In phase 2 you are skipping the eye that spawns just before a storm cast so it has to be killed on the move.
    In phase 3 you are massively cutting down on the time spent CCing adds, and the enrage is basically non-existant.

HP/Damage nerfs to Elisande aren't going to stop people wiping to rings. because at this point you push P1 so fast you only deal with 2-3. Missed soaks/recursion kicks will still basically be a wipe.

They've already said they are considering some nerfs, but unless they are massive I wouldn't expect much of a surge of kills. Any guild that has pulled Elisande in the next week will kill Gul'Dan in time for tomb, regardless of nerfs. Anyone else is just riding the dumb nerf train that people feel entitled to.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character