Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    So you being unable to play Resto properly means class quests were a waste of time?
    The scenario being bugged means he can't play Resto?? Ok man

Anyway having done all 12 class campaigns, they're really nothing to write home about. The only one I even remember anything from is the DK one. They all follow the same general outline of: do some quests out in the world, click to recruit some followers, run a bunch of dungeons, do 20 world quests. Wow, so immersive! If Blizzard had actually followed through on compelling class stories, sure I'd be sad to see them go. But they haven't.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

10+ Year Old Account
    Confirmed in the Q & A.

Really sad. Class quests were really the only cool thing in Legion.
    I got the more feeling, that they were talking about Legion content. Would be rather dumb to scrap class quests again.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    As has already been pointed out in another thread making a bunch of class-specific content in an expansion that strongly discourages alts turns out to be a waste of time and resources. In a way, same with the "choose your leveling zone order" (which was already bungled by the profession quests tending to all start in Azsuna).
    Nothing in legion strongly discourages ALTs except for people making themselves think it does.

well the mage tower "semi specific" bosses probably provide the closest thing to class specific you need. The long quest chains were a bit unnecessary, you probably only need 1 or 2 small quests to get the unique feel across.

Close this thread. Misleading title, misinformation. They never said this.

Quote Originally Posted by zomgzerg View Post
    I mean it was pretty clear that the class hall was legion's gimmick and not returning for the next one.
    Theres a difference between class quests and class halls, they don't have to be interconnected

Which is complete bullshit. Their whole "1/12 of the playerbase gets to experience this" is nonsense. I doubt that there are many players that only have one character. Most casual players even have around 3-4 characters. That way they get to experience 1/4 or 1/3 of all the quests, at the least. And everybody can level up a character of each class and play through these class quests, if they care enough. If they don't, their fault. I have a level 110 of every class, and I have done every single class quest in 7.0 and 7.2. I've had a max level character of every class since Wrath of the Lich King. Don't punish the people, that love class quests, because of the people that don't. They most likely hate all quests and only want to raid anyway.
    You don't speak for me or many other players. I play a single character this expansion: Paladin. What is the point of playing an alt when the time spent playing an alt I could have used getting artifact power for my main?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    You don't speak for me or many other players. I play a single character this expansion: Paladin. What is the point of playing an alt when the time spent playing an alt I could have used getting artifact power for my main?
    And you don't speak for me or many other players. What's your point? If you only play a paladin, don't complain about not getting to play the other class stories. It's your choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Close this thread. Misleading title, misinformation. They never said this.
    Stop lying. They did say this. I even posted a direct quote. Lore asked if we would see class quests in 7.3 and so on, Ion said now. How does "7.3 and so on" not translate to "Legion and beyond"? What is misleading about this? Blizzard has clearly stated that they don't think designing class quests is worth it.

And you don't speak for me or many other players. What's your point? If you only play a paladin, don't complain about not getting to play the other class stories. It's your choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Stop lying. They did say this. I even posted a direct quote. Lore asked if we would see class quests in 7.3 and so on, Ion said now. How does "7.3 and so on" not translate to "Legion and beyond"? What is misleading about this? Blizzard has clearly stated that they don't think designing class quests is worth it.
    They didn't say it, nor did you link to a source. I can put anything between quotation marks. Doesn't mean it's true or something that they said.

tl;dr: Source please.

Deleted
    They didn't say it, nor did you link to a source. I can put anything between quotation marks. Doesn't mean it's true or something that they said.

Wow.

That is so amazing, I have no words.

All I can do is link the source and retreat.

https://youtu.be/Bzuo4F75M4U?t=1155

Next time you make bold statements like this, watch the video before embarrassing yourself.

Wow.

That is so amazing, I have no words.

All I can do is link the source and retreat.

https://youtu.be/Bzuo4F75M4U?t=1155

Next time you make bold statements like this, watch the video before embarrassing yourself.
    I expected to be proven wrong with what you linked.
    Amazingly, I wasn't, you were.

Lore said "will we class specific things from 7.3 and so on?"
    Ion replies "I don't THINK so, we'll see what comes next. Don't EXPECT times 12 stuff"

Listen more carefully to the wording. You just dug your own grave by proving yourself wrong, essentially embarrassing yourself. Lmao.

So: misleading title, misleading information within the OP, close thread ASAP. This is my final statement on the matter. If you want to continue discussing, take a moment and rewatch what you just linked, so you can once more embarrass yourself by seeing how wrong you were for misinterpreting simple wording.

Also protip: Blizzard NEVER gives binding answers. They never promise something WILL happen. They also never promise something WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    How about you cite your source?
    the damn QA isnt enough of a source for there Sparky?!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I hope when we get to Argus they dont forget about the Draenei we already have in our champions roster. Akama, Boros, Nobundo and Ishanah. And the various Shattered Sun/Aldor/Sha'tar NPCs from TBC as well.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zomgzerg View Post
    I mean it was pretty clear that the class hall was legion's gimmick and not returning for the next one.
    thats a bonus. i might make a return in the next xpac, if they also get rid of the bloody AP grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    The scenario being bugged means he can't play Resto?? Ok man

Anyway having done all 12 class campaigns, they're really nothing to write home about. The only one I even remember anything from is the DK one. They all follow the same general outline of: do some quests out in the world, click to recruit some followers, run a bunch of dungeons, do 20 world quests. Wow, so immersive! If Blizzard had actually followed through on compelling class stories, sure I'd be sad to see them go. But they haven't.

WOOT! me too, the Lich King is just friggin' memorable that way

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfram View Post
    Yeah, but we never asked for a goddamn class hall, far less to become the supreme highlords and leaders of our class.

All we wanted was to have some more quests similar to the vanilla Paladin or Warlock quests that were done for their class mounts. A few class specific quests here and there along the way with appropriate rewards, with varying degrees of epicness -- NOT having the whole f*cking questing process revolving around your class hall shit.

But those idiot devs did the exact same thing they always do: went from one extreme (no class content whatsoever) to the other (so much class content that you drown in it), with no middle way, as usual. But I shouldn't be surprised; this is how they have behaved in every single expansion since Wrath.
    Well good thing that's only YOUR opinion, while many of us love the class specific order hall centered content we get.

Apparently it will suddenly stop being not worth it after 7.3. For you know, like, reasons.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I literally transcribed what Josh and Ion said.
    Liar. You cannot be trusted. I listened to the relevant part and what you say here is not true.

- - - Updated - - -

You can listen to the video on the home page (actually in this post http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ther-Disruptor) at, IIRC, 36:30 to hear what they said. Which isn't what OP typed. At all.
    Last edited by clevin; 2017-04-29 at 07:43 PM.

I believe they were stating that there would be no class-specific content in the following major content patch, not "beyond". We'll most definitely have class-specific content in further expansions, if not in a x.x.5 expansion after Argus (they don't always stick to what they say).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Liar. You cannot be trusted. I listened to the relevant part and what you say here is not true.

- - - Updated - - -

You can listen to the video on the home page (actually in this post http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ther-Disruptor) at, IIRC, 36:30 to hear what they said. Which isn't what OP typed. At all.
    What are you talking about? lol

It's not at 36:30.

I linked it, it's at 19:15

Had you actually read this thread, it's a couple of posts ago.

- - - Updated - - -

I expected to be proven wrong with what you linked.
    Amazingly, I wasn't, you were.

Lore said "will we class specific things from 7.3 and so on?"
    Ion replies "I don't THINK so, we'll see what comes next. Don't EXPECT times 12 stuff"

Listen more carefully to the wording. You just dug your own grave by proving yourself wrong, essentially embarrassing yourself. Lmao.

So: misleading title, misleading information within the OP, close thread ASAP. This is my final statement on the matter. If you want to continue discussing, take a moment and rewatch what you just linked, so you can once more embarrass yourself by seeing how wrong you were for misinterpreting simple wording.

Also protip: Blizzard NEVER gives binding answers. They never promise something WILL happen. They also never promise something WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN.
    Yeah, ok. Gonna ignore you now, you're just derailing the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you talking about? lol

It's not at 36:30.

I linked it, it's at 19:15

Had you actually read this thread, it's a couple of posts ago.

Not in the video I linked. It that one, it's at 36:30. And you're still a lying sack of shit.

Also, learn what quote marks mean. They mean the person said THAT. Not something like it, not something that you think they meant... it means THOSE WORDS. So when you say
    How does "7.3 and so on" not translate to "Legion and beyond"?
    you're just digging a deeper hole.
    Last edited by clevin; 2017-04-29 at 08:01 PM.