Poll: would you like a Warcraft 4 being an open world game a la Skyrim

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Other: It wouldn't bother me, I guess, but it's not really something I'd go out of my way to lobby for, either.

edit: Also worth keeping in mind that 'dead' genres have been revitalized with a good-enough game and enough hype behind it. Telltale Games all but single-handedly revived the point-and-click adventure genre through their licensed games starting with... I want to say either Back to the Future or Jurassic Park, I can't recall offhand which was first, and then it exploded back into mainstream popularity with The Walking Dead.

That doesn't take into account that RTSes are hardly a dead genre; right now there are plenty of mobile games taking advantage of the RTS genre's framework to make some pretty profitable freemium games.
    Last edited by Thage; 2017-04-29 at 03:34 PM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

As long as it has good tower def games im happy

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seliar View Post
    That would be just wow without the MM part.
    No where close. Since Skyrim or Witcher is nowhere near "just WoW without Multiplayer"

If WarCraft 4 were like Skyrim then it wouldn't be WarCraft 4. What'd be the point of using the series if you're going to take everything that made it great and discard it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I would like this but calling it Warcraft IV would be unimaginably dumb. Single-player RPG set in the Warcraft Universe a la Skyrim would be at the top of my to-get list should it happen. I don't imagine it actually will happen as Blizzard makes social games that encourage communities.

Just don't call it Warcraft IV.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Hell no, RTS or nothing. I really don't like Skyrim, so please, no.

I want another RTS warcraft game!

Warcraft 4 rts.

Third person shooter rpg Starcraft (sc ghost pretty much). Non open world.

Third person action adventure/hack and slash diablo with open world.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahard View Post
    I am no fan of skyrim/witcher Action-Adventure-RPG styles. I would prefer the classic rpg style like Pillars of Eternity / Divinity Original Sin.
    Upvoted, if I could. "Action-rpgs" don't deserve to be called rpgs. A good rpg calls for planning, strategy, thoughtfulness, and attention to the narrative. It certainly should not have active dodging/parrying and so forth, that require the reflexes of the Flash on a sugar high to compete.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

7+ Year Old Account
    OHH HELL NO! The gaming market has more then enough open world games and the real world don't need anymore rpg open world games.

If Blizzard ever makes warcraft 4, where they actually name it like that, they should proberly make it an RTS, since that is what Warcraft X is. They are more then welcome to make other IPs from the base world of Warcraft, but they better not dare soil the name of Warcraft wth an open world rpg....... I spit on the idea.

It would also be a wierd choice. WoW is already much like an open world RPG, so it would be wierd for Blizzard to both have WoW and Skyrim-warcraft going at the same time.

So, to make it short... If they make Warcraft 4 into a shitty Skyrim-ish game, i would proberly boycott Blizz because they would then have no respect for what their own francise is.

PS: It would proberly be the sign of Activision taking completly over and just cashcowing on everything.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I'd vastly prefer it.

Warcraft 4 might be able to get the story back on track by introducing new characters and threats without having to compromise on 'gameplay'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elder Scrolls Online did horrible damage to Skyrim and other TES games Lore, i.e in Original TES Lore and TES in-game books there is Imperial Khajit Generals and Dark Elfs and Nords are one of worst enemies

And in TESO Dark Elfs and Nords are in same faction, probably because Skyrim and Morrowind had good reputation and Zenimax developers wanted to make faction unbalanced on purpose by "forcing" most players going into DarkElf+Nords+Argonians faction.