Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    That's great news, I am sure the people of the UK will be thrilled whatever choice the Irish made after all the brexit vote was about the people deciding their own future. It would be extremely hypocritical for the UK to stand in the way of whatever the Irish decide.
    Except the rest of the UK wouldn't stand in the way. That's what it says in the good Friday agreement. If the people of Northern Ireland vote for it, then that's what will happen. No one wants NI anyway it's a financial and political black hole. Saying that, the EU are a load of scaremongers... Even warmongers if this is what they threaten ex member states with, and i don't want some foreign warmongers in charge of the laws of my country.

Before you say that's what the UK is to NI, well, they aren't. It's the people in NI who want to remain in the UK, not the UK forcing them to stay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraz View Post
    It's amusing that English arrogance (which led to Brexit) is what is going to end the UK once and for all. Large portions of English people are proud of their colonial past, that mindset hasn't left them.

10-15 years even their precious benefit scrounging monarchy will be abolished
    Hahaha typical Irishman with his confirmation bias to try and paint the English as some bogeyman as if we are in any way different people nowadays. You think there are genuinely millions of people who know/remember anything about the British empire (that the Irish and especially Scottish were a part of ayyyy lmao) to vote for something based on that alone? You're an angry lunatic. You do realise large portions of Scotland and NI still voted for brexit even if it wasn't the majority right? Linking some fucking 4chan meme pic is just more sensationalist reductio ad absurdum bullshit. Worse than clickbait media.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Dude.... if the UK had trouble with Argentina you're going to have a shit ton of issues with Spain.
    What is Spain going to do, chuck unemployed youths at us?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    lol the UK is falling apart...
    And with them being divided and weakened they will be ripe for the plucking from those with ill intentions..

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Most in Ireland can still remember British war crimes, you can't ignore that. And Genocide successful or not, centuries ago or not should always matter. Comparing a systematic genocide attempt in the 19th Century to medieval invasions is also ridiculous.
    Hahah so if 200 years was enough to complain about something why is Russia not complaining about the Crimean war or Britain complaining about American independence? Get out with that logic.

And what British war crimes do you mean? Bloody Sunday? The fact British soldiers were even there in the first place is down to republican terrorism and the northern Irish wanting to be part of the UK. Once that's decided, the UK has to protect its people. That's how it works. Blame the cancerous IRA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    What is Spain going to do, chuck unemployed youths at us?
    Hahah. Spain is desperate not to fall apart itself. They want Gibraltar but they also don't want Scotland to leave, they're not on the side of the UK breaking up. (Not talking to you Kalis).

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=KyrtF;45534520]Its also the name of an Irish 9 county province that includes the 6 counties that form Northern Ireland.

That it was a Belfast Telegraph poll

People paying attention. Between Brexit, Mays contempt and arrogance and the toxicity of austerity Scotlands on its way out. NI is a little greyer but has a good likelihood of leaving within 15 years thanks to the way the DUP is alienating voters.

The prospect of huge economic damage didn't stop the English voting to leave the EU in pursuit of the non existent glories of Empire. It didn't stop them believing the world owes them a living or thinking that the Commonwealth would leap for joy at the prospect of trade deals with the "Home Nation". They are wrong...but that didn't stop them.

Why do you think such arguments would work on Scotland? Especially as they have the option of rejoining the EU to mitigate the damage, the likelihood of joining the EFTA and an actual plan on how to handle Independence. All stuff England won't have.

No. But between Brexit and the DUP, reunifications is only a matter of when...not if. The Nationalist and Unionist communities are about equal now and while many from the Nationalist community would vote to remain in the UK, that in turn depends both on the economy and the knowledge that the Nationalist community is being respected. Brexit will damage the economy and the DUP have been acting like bigots recently and alienating the votes they need to defeat any border poll.

The Welsh Independence movement is now where the Scottish one was about 50 years ago and May is already treating it with the same contempt she shows Scotland and NI. A government that sees the UK as England with three attached colonies is not one that is going to be very successful at keeping the United in United Kingdom

Hah!!! The UK has such a beastie right now. You think that austerity policy is a cenrist policy? Cutting back on public services? Underfunding the NHS to prepare it for privatisation? Their assault on the poor and their right wing politics based on racism and hatred of the other? Ten years ago the polcies the Tories have now were proposed by the BNP.

So yeah....right wing extremists is a good descriptor.

Sure...but they won't be quick, they won't be lucrative, they won't replace the deals the UK has now and the UK lacks the size, power and influence to craft deals that would benefit it instead of the US or China. Look at the deals between the US and Japan or China and Switzerland.

The UK will...eventually...get trade deals but if yoy're expecting anything good from them, you'll be out of luck. Tbe US already sees Brexit as a chance to asset strip the UK and its desire to force tbe UK to "open up" the NHS is well known.
    Scotland do not have the option of rejoining the EU. Spain will veto it at every turn. And even if they did, Scotland has piss all natural resources other than some oil that is on the way down. As if they would vote to leave a second time anyway, let's see the political landscape of Scotland after this general election. There are hundreds of thousands of Scots who after a couple of years now think the SNP and sturgeon in particular is a nutcase. This second referendum will be a joy to watch as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    England controls 533 of 650 seats in Westminster. That's 82% of the entirety of the vote for the whole of the UK with no federalized system. So long as Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland are part of the UK, nothing they vote for in their respective countries will matter. The English treat the other members as conquested territories as they have for hundreds of years. It's only a matter of time before the UK consists of only Wales and England.

"No king rules forever, my son..."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Resentless View Post
    Scotland do not have the option of rejoining the EU. Spain will veto it at every turn.
    FALSE. Most recently, Spain would not block with a veto a independent Scotland joining the EU. This is what happens when England gave the middle finger to the rest of Europe. You expected a different result?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ies-to-join-eu
    Last edited by The Iron Fist; 2017-04-29 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    England controls 533 of 650 seats in Westminster. That's 82% of the entirety of the vote for the whole of the UK with no federalized system. So long as Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland are part of the UK, nothing they vote for in their respective countries will matter. The English treat the other members as conquested territories as they have for hundreds of years. It's only a matter of time before the UK consists of only Wales and England.

"No king rules forever, my son..."

- - - Updated - - -

FALSE. Most recently, Spain would not block with a veto a independent Scotland joining the EU. This is what happens when England gave the middle finger to the rest of Europe. You expected a different result?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ies-to-join-eu
    Well, he can say all he wants but we'll see if it ever comes to that. Regardless, you think the EU would actually want any of these tiny states? Scotland and Northern Ireland? They would do so purely to spite the rest of the UK and scare other member states into total submission until it's a federal nation run by bureaucrats that hold elections independent of the peoples of each state. Sounds like something I want to be a part of. Is the rest of Europe sad the UK is leaving? First I've heard of it. Most don't like the English anyway let alone care about anything we contribute.

10+ Year Old Account
    England controls 533 of 650 seats in Westminster. That's 82% of the entirety of the vote for the whole of the UK with no federalized system. So long as Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland are part of the UK, nothing they vote for in their respective countries will matter. The English treat the other members as conquested territories as they have for hundreds of years.
    The other member states are, in the case of Wales and Scotland, over represented in Westminster, Northern Ireland has the correct level and England is underrepresented. Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have more devolved authority than England. Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland get a greater share spent per head, even though England is the region that makes the profit.

The English per person have less spent on them, less representation and less political power, the only reason they get more of a say is entirely due to population levels.

I don't see the point. If they decided to finally unite why do it to be under someones else thumb?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    They brought it on themselves tbh destroying their children's futures to be selfish.
    To be selfish? Instead of what? Why does Europe want the UK? Money? Money, motors and tourism? In exchange for what? A bunch of people with ideologies that differ from the ones the UK people voted into their own parliament? We'll see about children's futures. The future was looking pretty shit even as part of the EU. House prices through the roof, unlimited immigration driving British people out of their own capital, a bunch of laws, regulations and people from so far away it brings us into conflict with Russia and turkey? Lovely.

10+ Year Old Account
    The other member states are, in the case of Wales and Scotland, over represented in Westminster, Northern Ireland has the correct level and England is underrepresented. Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have more devolved authority than England. Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland get a greater share spent per head, even though England is the region that makes the profit.

The English per person have less spent on them, less representation and less political power, the only reason they get more of a say is entirely due to population levels.
    *sarcastic voice*
    Oh yes, poor England. Having 82% control of a government composed of 4 nations. I feel so bad for them being able to dictate whatever they want. How unfair!

10+ Year Old Account
    *sarcastic voice*
    Oh yes, poor England. Having 82% control of a government composed of 4 nations. I feel so bad for them being able to dictate whatever they want. How unfair!
    People have a vote that is worth more than mine, because they happen to be Scottish and I am English.

People get more money spent on them than me, because they happen to be Irish and I am English.

People get more of a say than me in how their country is run, because they happen to be Welsh and I am English.

...but it is the English who are the baddies.

How many English votes should equal one Scottish, one Welsh or one Northern Irish vote? I say one.

One English vote = one Scottish vote = one Welsh vote = one Northern Irish vote. Agree or disagree?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    The EU has no respect. Doing such a thing will cause The Troubles Part 2.
    I think a hard border between ROI and NI would be more likely to do that, no?

This is one of the reasons why Brexit is such a clusterfuck in the first place.

Deleted
    People have a vote that is worth more than mine, because they happen to be Scottish and I am English.
    that's the only way a federal system works.
    ...but it is the English who are the baddies.
    well that's because they have a monopoly on the power.
    How many English votes should equal one Scottish, one Welsh or one Northern Irish vote? I say one.
    then you are not a federation.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neps View Post
    I think a hard border between ROI and NI would be more likely to do that, no?

This is one of the reasons why Brexit is such a clusterfuck in the first place.
    The idea is to keep GFA intact. it may lead to weird consequences and NI will have to leave UK or becomes very autonom to keep the status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    The idea is to keep GFA intact. it may lead to weird consequences and NI will have to leave UK or becomes very autonom to keep the status quo.
    One easy way out is to make NI essentially a free port, keeping the EU-style border with Ireland. Having GB customs and border control can lock down the ferries and airports out of NI has got to be easier than trying to wall off and monitor the entire border.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    And with them being divided and weakened they will be ripe for the plucking from those with ill intentions..
    This isn't the warring states. No one is gonna conquer anyone forcibly. England (and wales?) pushed the UK into a direction that isn't beneficial to scotland and Northern ireland i suppose. When theres no more mutual benefit, it is only natural to part ways. That goes with every business relation.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-Man View Post
    One easy way out is to make NI essentially a free port, keeping the EU-style border with Ireland. Having GB customs and border control can lock down the ferries and airports out of NI has got to be easier than trying to wall off and monitor the entire border.
    Border would have to be in the Irish Sea, separating NI from UK in terms of all traffic between those parts and acting as an "EU outer border". Can May sell that in Westminster just to keep GFA intact ? If westminster is not willing to honor GFA and give NI a lot of autonomy, it's curtains up between the 2 irelands.

As a guy from Northern Ireland who voted to Brexit , fuck right off, thanks.

Not only did we have the fucking Troubles for decades in which we quite fucking clearly said "NO THANKS" with the help of guns and bombs and the army to the idea of reunifying Ireland, but we voted, democratically, to leave the EU.

Please stop looking for ways to circumvent democracy, its laughable. I know that the EU isn't very fond of democracy, but here in the UK we actually care about it quite a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    As a guy from Northern Ireland who voted to Brexit , fuck right off, thanks.

Not only did we have the fucking Troubles for decades in which we quite fucking clearly said "NO THANKS" with the help of guns and bombs and the army to the idea of reunifying Ireland, but we voted, democratically, to leave the EU.

Please stop looking for ways to circumvent democracy, its laughable. I know that the EU isn't very fond of democracy, but here in the UK we actually care about it quite a lot.
    There we go, from the proverbial horse's mouth.

imho the eu should not touch this shit with a 1000 feet long stick, that smell troublesome and the UK is trying to find any fantasy reason to blame us for anything that may go wrong.
    We should stay out of Scotland referendum (if there will be a referendum, dubt it)
    We should stay out of NI politics
    We should stay out of Gibraltar

if the peoples who live here decide to leave then we should help them (preferential access to the eu) if not gg.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.