Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Is #3 on artifact power cheating or something I missed?

I recently went through wowprogress to see what people did to get AP, most people seem to get it from M+ but this one guy on #3 somehow managed to get 2,8billion AP not doing a SINGLE mythic+ only clearing NH HC 3 times total and killing 5 different NH mythic bosses (9 mythic kills in total) and has no rank in arena, how? I would really like to know how. My best guess is Skirmish arenas but how is that even possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Kashimen View Post
    I recently went through wowprogress to see what people did to get AP, most people seem to get it from M+ but this one guy on #3 somehow managed to get 2,8billion AP not doing a SINGLE mythic+ only clearing NH HC 3 times total and killing 5 different NH mythic bosses (9 mythic kills in total) and has no rank in arena, how? I would really like to know how. My best guess is Skirmish arenas but how is that even possible?
    the rest of us are wondering why you care so much about what other people are doing in a video game
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

Deleted
    Wasn't there a bug a while back where a world quest bugged and you could constantly do it for AP.

Artifact Knowledge....

Also, he does different content...

Oh, and World Quests...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    the rest of us are wondering why you care so much about what other people are doing in a video game
    I'm guessing because he too wants to achieve this

10+ Year Old Account
    it's likely that because he is russian, the way wowprogress interacts with the API might be a bit tricky with their cyrillic characters, furthermore you don't get 5/10M NH in one run without being boosted, as far as the rest is concerned, it is entirely possible if the guy was mad enough to farm world quests in every zone with a follower with the legendary equipment for AP/gold or AP/resources eqiupped etc, might go a little way to explain it but that's the best i can come up with right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    it's likely that because he is russian, the way wowprogress interacts with the API might be a bit tricky with their cyrillic characters, furthermore you don't get 5/10M NH in one run without being boosted, as far as the rest is concerned, it is entirely possible if the guy was mad enough to farm world quests in every zone with a follower with the legendary equipment for AP/gold or AP/resources eqiupped etc, might go a little way to explain it but that's the best i can come up with right now.
    I heard something about the follower item being bugged in the beginning giving almost 500k ap per wq, but that isnt it, reason I know is that the guy hasnt ever been on top as far as I know and he just keeps around that 3rd place. He's doing a lot of PVP but never does rated makes no sense either and its a new account (given hes only got 1k achievements?!?) Everything about this character just seems shady. I'm curious as to how its remotely possible Not sure if your right about that API tho, I wouldnt think that would be true tho.

what cap? do you have definite information about that? I heard and experienced something for unstable portals for example where it would be 50-60 and then you won't get loot and I've experienced once - a few weeks back - not being able to see chests another person in my group was able to see and loot.

It could be a case of nethershard jackpot.

He either found an exploit or he hit nethershard jackpot, though not sure even jackpot would give THAT much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

2nd week of patch people found an exploit to farm krosus...

Quote Originally Posted by Deiae View Post
    what cap? do you have definite information about that? I heard and experienced something for unstable portals for example where it would be 50-60 and then you won't get loot and I've experienced once - a few weeks back - not being able to see chests another person in my group was able to see and loot.
    Chests are capped at 100 per day.

Rofl at all the clueless ppl in this thread that post but not play the game. Its probably what #7 said, kinda known way by now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    Chests are capped at 100 per day.

Rofl at all the clueless ppl in this thread that post but not play the game. Its probably what #7 said, kinda known way by now.
    It's not JUST what #7 said cause he only have a total of 2172 arena matches of which he won 2126 and with 32 knowledge 2126 won arena skirmish would only give half a bil artifact power then theres 2,3bil artifact power coming from unknown source. Arena skirmishes are helping yes but something is still not making sense and I dont think its some said jackpot.

and he only did 2 BGs in total.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    The AP on WQ equipment is... lacking. In order to just get a million AP from those, you would need to do a hundred WQs - Several billion? Hah. I, personally, would concentrate on maxing out gold. 150 gold per world quest will help out your raiding FAR more then a baseline 5 AP per WQ. After all, you gotta pay those repair bills somehow yea?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    Wasn't there a bug a while back where a world quest bugged and you could constantly do it for AP.
    They lost that AP.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Kashimen View Post
    If there's only one guy who's at this kind of AP with such low activity, and not an entire large group of people, chances are good it involves an exploit of some kind. Or a misrepresentation of the numbers somehow(I.E.: He doesn't actually have that much AP, but it's being reported as such).

My first guess would be a misreport. Never attribute to malice what can be explained by incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    They lost that AP.
    Nah most/all of them got to keep it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    Nah most/all of them got to keep it.
    Pretty sure there was a big outroar about them keeping it, and then it was announced to have been rolled back.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

higher than me? must be cheating or no life.

7+ Year Old Account

no possibnle fucking way
    exploit or hack for sure
    this dude has only 25 world quests complete he must be cheating

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    higher than me? must be cheating or no life.
    in other ways i would agree with this and laugh
    but this dude has done NO CONTENT like i could do the amount of content hes done in less then a week
    and he is number 3 in the world for artifact power
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content